Flame tree or satu’li canteen

Satuli because it is indoors, which is important to me and my family.

We really did our food and drinks there too.

No contest at all. Satuli Canteen hands down. Quality of food is waaaaaay better than Flame Tree.

And yes, seating area is indoors and much nicer.

Satuli is delicious. We love the bowls and the kids meals were ok for those that are picky eaters. I don’t love the cheeseburger pods but many do. Satuli is our favorite restaurant on property.

We like both but I think Satu'li Canteen is a LOT better. We haven't been back to Flame Tree since Satu'li opened. Our son is a bit of a picky eater but he really liked the pastry wrapped hot dogs and hamburger pods. I love just about every combination of the bowls you can get - they are all excellent! In fact, we have decided we prefer Satu'li over some TS restaurants. It is really great food and is not ridiculously expensive.

We used to love Flame Tree but I think the quality has gone down since we first went 6 years ago. Smaller portions, fattier meat (I loved the BBQ ribs). I haven't been to Satu'li but now I can't wait to give it a try!

I really depends on what you want to eat.

They are two totally different types of restaurants.

We live in the South. There are many great BBQ places just 10 minutes from our house. So I enjoy Satu'li. For someone that can buy a rice bowl easily, they might enjoy Flame Tree.

Satu'li definitely for a full meal, I do still like the pulled pork fries at Flame Tree though, and will share them with DH for a snack.

Both are really good for different reasons. I think it really depends on the type of food you want. Luckily both are CS. Flametree is much heavier BBQ. Satu'li is generally lighter fare salads.
You can order at both online and skip the lines as well.
Currently, my vote is another one for Satu'li, but I don't think yo can wrong with either.

Definitely Satu’li Canteen. We had lunch there 2 days in a row March 2 & 3, it was that good! We got the wood grilled chicken bowls both days. Delicious, fresh, large portion without being too filling. You have the choice of indoor or covered outdoor seating. Which ever you chose, use the mobile ordering to avoid time in line.

Last time I had Flame Tree on the itinerary, it was closed for refurbishment. But ate at Satu'li last Tuesday. It was darn good, and I'd go back without hesitation!

Satu'li, at night! You go to another world and have a whole themed quick service restaurant to enjoy complete with a movie soundtrack and little things to look at like the tools when you walk in. Kneel down and they even have inscriptions on them that tell you what they are for. Details go down to the Point of Sale systems which are themed after the corp in the movie. The cast members act like you are in the mess hall and on a far away planet. Then you walk out the doors into Pandora and the illusion continues. Plus I really dig those cheeseburger pods.

Flame Tree is BBQ. You can get BBQ anywhere.

Satu'li is really cool, the food good and inventive. But Flame Tree is a family fav, everyone, including picky eaters, love it. They have a ton of seating. And the portions are huge, and some of the platters can easily be shared, so added savings there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter