Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

I realized that I am still not used to having to make reservations and forgot that I need them for several days next month. I was able to get both parks for the 15th, but only DCA for the 14th. How can I check for an opening for both parks on the 14th? I don't have the calendar option because I have 2 reservations booked. It looks like I'd have to cancel the reservation in order to view other choices.

Also, I'll need reservations for the following weekend. How can I do that on the App after I enter the park on the 14th? I've never figured out how to make reservations from the app.
To see what is currently available to book (regardless of if you have any days currently booked; you don’t have to cancel anything to see what is available in real time), on the app, scroll down to “Annual Passports”. Then select “Disney Flex Pass”. A new window pops up, scroll down and click “Both Parks” if that is what you want to reserve. The calendar will show what is available and what is blocked. If you see 3/14 is showing available for both parks, you will have to quickly go back to “My Tickets”, scroll down to your one-park reservation for 3/14, cancel it, and then do the process below to book a new 2-park reservation. There is apparently no guarantee that the 2-park reservation will still be there, nor that the 1 park reservation would still be there if you tried to go back and get it if the 2 park reservation disappeared before you could book it. I don’t like that system.

To book a new reservation in the app, scroll to “My Tickets”. Your ticket will pop up, scroll down under your ticket to “Reserve Days”. This opens a calendar and you can reserve from there. You can also see on this page what days are booked for which park already, if any.

I have no clue what is so special about that day. It's still several weeks away, and is not a holiday weekend, and the prior Saturday is still showing as available.
I think it’s the start of Spring Break season. Our public schools in Dallas start Spring Break that weekend, and our private schools have Spring Break the following week after that.

I think it’s the start of Spring Break season. Our public schools in Dallas start Spring Break that weekend, and our private schools have Spring Break the following week after that.

Yup. Several NorCal schools are going on spring break starting that weekend as well (including the district my mom teaches in). My mom, Riley (cat), and I are heading down on the 22nd ourselves (I did successfully talk her into a spring break trip on top of the Easter weekend trip!).

And there's other NorCal districts going on spring break a couple weeks later (the week before Easter weekend). So they're quite spread out and will definitely affect crowds. I'm definitely going on expecting the worst, but hoping for the best.

Remember, food and wine is starting soon. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sunday (in the afternoon), tend to be busy then.
This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. Food and Wine is primarily in DCA and I can book DCA but not Disneyland. I'm halfway through my year with Flex and might end up needing to upgrade to Signature.

This is the part that doesn't make sense to me. Food and Wine is primarily in DCA and I can book DCA but not Disneyland. I'm halfway through my year with Flex and might end up needing to upgrade to Signature.
My guess is that a lot of people are "thinking" about starting off their spring breaks by trying to get on Rise. We'll see if this holds true as the dates get closer and we see if reservations suddenly become available. I know I grabbed my reservations for next weekend the day they came out, but wasn't sure I was going to go until earlier last week, when I found a decent hotel price.

Yeah this is what concerns me with the flex :/ I kind of want to drop down to it since it’s cheaper but seeing how DL reservations are hard at times worries me.

I suspect most of us book “Both Parks” even if we are not sure we are going to hop, because there is no downside to doing that (although we ALWAYS hop, so I really do always know we need ”both parks” :flower::flower::flower:). I think DLR is limiting reservations for DL more than reservations for DCA, due to expected high crowds at DL for ROTR. That is there are only so many “both parks” reservations available, which are limited by DL availability. Once those run out, there are still “DCA only” reservations available. This is my theory... This pass was likely designed to spread out crowds, among other priorities for DLR. Limiting guests from DL reservations when DL is going to be crazy crowded will effectively do that.

I suspect most of us book “Both Parks” even if we are not sure we are going to hop, because there is no downside to doing that (although we ALWAYS hop, so I really do always know we need ”both parks” :flower::flower::flower:). I think DLR is limiting reservations for DL more than reservations for DCA, due to expected high crowds at DL for ROTR. That is there are only so many “both parks” reservations available, which are limited by DL availability. Once those run out, there are still “DCA only” reservations available. This is my theory... This pass was likely designed to spread out crowds, among other priorities for DLR. Limiting guests from DL reservations when DL is going to be crazy crowded will effectively do that.

This makes sense.

Can anyone remember approximately how often NEITHER parks have been available? It seems DCA is usually... and when both are unavailable, do they seem to book up as soon as it becomes available or does it happen as it gets closer to the actual date?

Just wondering if we will be looking at getting up early, fingers poised on mouse buttons to book when something opens up...

Can anyone remember approximately how often NEITHER parks have been available? It seems DCA is usually... and when both are unavailable, do they seem to book up as soon as it becomes available or does it happen as it gets closer to the actual date?

Just wondering if we will be looking at getting up early, fingers poised on mouse buttons to book when something opens up...
There were a few days in October, and maybe a few in the holidays (though most of the holidays were hard block out) right after the hard block out ended in early January, in which neither pack could be reserved at some point. I think some of the days in October booked up on the first day they were available to be reserved. I would definitely recommend just making the sacrifice and getting on your phone at exactly 7am California time to make the reservations for your two days. It does sometimes take a minute or two after exactly 7am to open up reserving. I have only seen one person on here go on right at 7am and not be able to reserve anything, though in retrospect, that might have been the fact that it actually opens a few minutes after 7am usually, so it can look like it‘s all booked up immediately at 7am, but it is really just that they haven’t really opened up bookings for that day right at 7am. If you are on at 7am, you should get your reservation no problem. However, I would not take ANY chances right now with the way things are going. I did mine right at 7am for our two days in March, and the Saturday was very quickly gone for DL (I believe DL reservations and “both parks” reservations were gone on the first day available to book them at 30 days exactly, for Saturday 3/21). There have been days where DL was available and DCA was booked, and when neither were available. Just get up early and get ‘er done!! Good luck and have fun!!

Last edited:

October was when I noticed the days started getting booked up. But that made sense given how crazy crowded October normally is.

The Sunday when all passes were unblocked, my friend surprisingly was able to get a reservation for DL but not DCA. I had a feeling that was due to people going to DCA before Festival of Holidays was over.

Then earlier this month, another friend got all the way on the tram and realized she hadn't made a reservation. Thankfully she was able to book both parks and go that same day.

I wanted to add to my post above... I think about what would I have to do if the days I wanted to reserve were “unavailable” because I waited too long to book them? Would I have to pay to upgrade my Flex Pass to something more expensive that would be valid those days? Would I buy a one day ticket (which would be outrageously priced?)? Any of those scenarios would negate the value of this Pass for me, so in order for the math to work, I must be able to get my reservations. We have to fly out to DLR, so usually I have to make my flights before I know if I will be able to get reservations, which is SO risky, but so far has worked out fine (but only because I am literally on the app at the second it turns 7am, booking away!).

Edited both of my above posts on the time. Reservations open at 7 AM California time. It is 9am my time (CST), so no getting up really early is even required for me! YAY!

I wanted to add to my post above... I think about what would I have to do if the days I wanted to reserve were “unavailable” because I waited too long to book them? Would I have to pay to upgrade my Flex Pass to something more expensive that would be valid those days? Would I buy a one day ticket (which would be outrageously priced?)? Any of those scenarios would negate the value of this Pass for me, so in order for the math to work, I must be able to get my reservations. We have to fly out to DLR, so usually I have to make my flights before I know if I will be able to get reservations, which is SO risky, but so far has worked out fine (but only because I am literally on the app at the second it turns 7am, booking away!).

This would be us as well. And since I'm a teacher we'd be mostly looking at holidays... but it's this pass or no pass so... maybe worth risking it.

Hi guys- making sure I have this all correct....apologize if it’s a redundant question. We will be arriving Friday March 6th thru Tuesday March 10th. I currently have a 5 day PH with max pass bought from Get away travel. I would love to upgrade this as quickly as i can to take advantage of AP discounts on dining. we will be arriving to the park around 2pm on Friday the 6th.

Does it make sense for me to go out to the ticket counter around 4pm that day and hopefully I can bridge my ticket to a Flex AP. Can I then make reservations right away for the next two days (both days are still open)? Or do I have to wait a certain amount of time after I get an AP to make the reservation?

Just need a little bit of guidance on what the smartest way to do this is with the ticket I currenfly have and about reserving at DL and CA. Thank you for any help!

When do you intend to use your magic morning? Do you consider it a great value?
Regardless, in general, you can reserve as soon as you officially purchase the pass. So if 7th and 8th are both available, just go ahead and upgrade on the 6th (if you do not want to use the magic morning) or do it after magic morning on 7th. Otherwise upgrade at the end of the day when reservation is not available (or you can arrange such that you go to only the park for which reservation is available).

Hi guys- making sure I have this all correct....apologize if it’s a redundant question. We will be arriving Friday March 6th thru Tuesday March 10th. I currently have a 5 day PH with max pass bought from Get away travel. I would love to upgrade this as quickly as i can to take advantage of AP discounts on dining. we will be arriving to the park around 2pm on Friday the 6th.

Last edited:
When do you intend to use your magic morning? Do you consider it a great value?
Regardless, in general, you can reserve as soon as you officially purchase the pass. So if 7th and 8th are both available, just go ahead and upgrade on the 6th (if you do not want to use the magic morning) or do it after magic morning on 7th. Otherwise upgrade at the end of the day when reservation is not available (or you can arrange such that you go to only the park for which reservation is available).
Ok great thank you! Forgot about the MM part of it too. I think I will wait and make a last minute decision when to upgrade on how the reservations look. Hoping I can book both parks for both the 7th and 8th, so I guess on the 6th I’ll make up my mind... thank you!

Question regarding potential of getting summer midweek reservations 2 day in advance. We are planning a trip 2nd week of June Tuesday-Saturday. We would book reservations for Tuesday and Wednesday 30 days in advance and after our visit Tuesday try to book Thursday and do the same for Friday after our visit on Wednesday..... I'm guessing no chance for Saturday so we will just go home or do something else... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter