Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

The July 17th Park Opening date has been taken down. There is now no estimated date.

I just got off the phone with the AP line. I waited around 2 minutes and was completely shocked! Here is what the CM said: all fully paid pass-holders do *not* need to call if they want the extension. It will extend by default. If you want the partial refund, you just need to call before the park re-opens. (this does not apply to monthly payment passholders--I didn't ask what their procedure was)

I just got off the phone with the AP line. I waited around 2 minutes and was completely shocked! Here is what the CM said: all fully paid pass-holders do *not* need to call if they want the extension. It will extend by default. If you want the partial refund, you just need to call before the park re-opens. (this does not apply to monthly payment passholders--I didn't ask what their procedure was)
Glad you got help without a super long wait. Monthly payment plan APs have the opposite option: the default for them is the partial refund. If they want the extension, they have to call.

I've received conflicting information when I've called in so I'm hoping to hear from someone with actual experience.... if you paid in full and chose the partial refund if you purchased passes for other adult family members were you able to choose the partial refund for everyone in your party that you paid for or did each of those adults have to call in individually to request the refund?

I've received conflicting information when I've called in so I'm hoping to hear from someone with actual experience.... if you paid in full and chose the partial refund if you purchased passes for other adult family members were you able to choose the partial refund for everyone in your party that you paid for or did each of those adults have to call in individually to request the refund?

I had to pass the phone to my husband for him to verify what he wanted them to do with his pass, they would not let me do it for him without speaking with him.

Has anyone who paid in full and successfully requested the partial refund by phone received the refund yet? For those whose Flex AP has expired in the past couple of months that is.

I have not had experience with the refund aspect but in the past when dealing with any annual pass problem for other adult members of my family, Disney has insisted on speaking to the adult passholder even when I was the one who paid for the passes and even the time when the problem had to do with the other person's pass being incorrectly linked to my account. So with the long hold times that were occurring earlier during this closure, I just had the adult passholders in the family call for themselves.

Has anyone who paid in full and successfully requested the partial refund by phone received the refund yet? For those whose Flex AP has expired in the past couple of months that is.
I haven't really seen any posts yet from any APs who have already received their refunds. I think when the refunds start posting to accounts, you'll be hearing about it on this board!

Thank you so much longtimedisneylurker and gillep for your feedback on your experience, I really appreciate it!

I was told regardless of when the APs expire refunds would not be going out until after Disneyland opened, possibly even a few to several weeks after but definitely not before. Before I even had a chance to ask questions about it everyone I talked to recently wanted to let me know that right up front... even when they have an official opening date again if I opt for a refund I still won't be getting the money back until after that date passes.

i called a few weeks ago, only waited a few minutes to speak to someone and was able to request the refund for all of our passes (2 other adults). maybe it depends on who you get?

i called a few weeks ago, only waited a few minutes to speak to someone and was able to request the refund for all of our passes (2 other adults). maybe it depends on who you get?
Great, thank you! That is kind of what I was wondering but wanted to make sure someone else was actually able to do that before trying again with another person if it came to that.

I can confirm that adults had to confirm what they wanted when talking to Disney about the APs. They also told me I can only decide what I wanted once and I could not change my mind once it was done.

I saw something on Florida boards that they extended the APs for 30 days because of the reservations. Has anyone heard or received anything about the DL passes?

... I saw something on Florida boards that they extended the APs for 30 days because of the reservations. Has anyone heard or received anything about the DL passes?
DLR has not announced anything new for APs beyond what is currently posted on the DLR website and on the app. The Premier APs had started receiving their extensions on the WDW end, but I don't know if that stopped when DLR's July 17th reopening date was cancelled. When the APs begin receiving their refunds and extensions, you'll see it posted on this board! So stay tuned...

Last edited:
DLR has not announced anything new for APs beyond what is currently posted on the DLR website and on the app. The Premier APs had started receiving their extensions on the WDW end, but I don't know if that stopped when the July 17th reopening date was cancelled. When the APs begin receiving their refunds and extensions, you'll see it posted on this board! So stay tuned...
We got our extensions on the wdw end. My AP has not updated on the DLR side. I initially got a 125 day extension and the additional 30 days for wdw have been added within mde.

We got our extensions on the wdw end. My AP has not updated on the DLR side. I initially got a 125 day extension and the additional 30 days for wdw have been added within mde.
I'll edit my post. Thanks for the info. Have you received anything else yet on the WDW end, like the 30 extra days?

I can confirm that adults had to confirm what they wanted when talking to Disney about the APs. They also told me I can only decide what I wanted once and I could not change my mind once it was done.

I saw something on Florida boards that they extended the APs for 30 days because of the reservations. Has anyone heard or received anything about the DL passes?

They added 30 days for Hong Kong as well for the first re-opening but now that the park is re-closed, it's unclear what the new calculation will be. Did everyone's passes get extended 30 days for WDW or just those people who elected to get an extension rather than a refund for the closed months?

According to this DIS article, Walt Disney World Details Extension and Refund Options for Annual Passholders, it appears that all WDW APs received or were offered the extra 30 days as long as they had not already cancelled their passes. The offer is good through 8/11/20.

Interesting. So it seems everyone is getting the option of full cancellation but can still use their pass for one month or extension + 30 days. I was under the impression that originally, it was supposed to be partial refund only for the months the park was closed, keeping the pass expiration date, instead of full refund of the remainder of the pass. Or was the partial refund only a Disneyland thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter