Flight booked through Expedia

Octoberbaby

DIS Veteran
I usually book directly with the airline, but found better tickets by booking through Expedia. When I get to the airport, do I get my boarding pass as always? Is there anything different I should do that you normally don't need to do by booking direct?

The process is the same, but generally booking with a third party is discouraged.

I've never had issues booking with Expedia. You use app or print your self.

On elliot dot org they are the number one company getting complaints on their site. Just awful customer service once something goes wrong.

They are honestly the worse.. So I am a GM for a major hotel brand. We do all we can to not deal with companies like Expedia. They are just flat out horrible.

If you use them, you won’t get support from them. At best they will try to call the airline, hotel etc, but they won’t help the 3rd party bookings. They can’t do anything for you that you can’t do yourself, plus we are 100% more likely to actually try to help you if you did not book with them. If you did book with them, we can’t even talk with you anyway, as they “control” the reservation, but in reality can’t do a darn thing with it.

Trust me, book directly. Skip companies like this.

Wow...I had no idea Expedia was that bad. Booking directly with the airline, I couldn't find an arriving and departing flight that I wanted. Now I'm worried! We fly out on Sunday. I do have an itinerary number...and even upgraded our seats directly with the airline a few days ago. Thanks for the replies, although now I'm freaking out. Lol

Wow...I had no idea Expedia was that bad. Booking directly with the airline, I couldn't find an arriving and departing flight that I wanted. Now I'm worried! We fly out on Sunday. I do have an itinerary number...and even upgraded our seats directly with the airline a few days ago. Thanks for the replies, although now I'm freaking out. Lol

Don't worry. Problems are few and far between. But the possibility of one is why I never book travel through a 3rd party. The only exception is renting cars through costco.

Just stay on top of your email from Expedia and keep an eye on your flight using the airline web site. Changes by the airline may not make through Expedia to you in time.

I usually only fly United. I often look at Expedia first to get an idea but then always book directly. I have never paid more booking direct than I have thru Expedia.

Don't worry. Problems are few and far between. But the possibility of one is why I never book travel through a 3rd party. The only exception is renting cars through costco.

Just stay on top of your email from Expedia and keep an eye on your flight using the airline web site. Changes by the airline may not make through Expedia to you in time.
That's reassuring. I did receive an email a few weeks ago regarding our departure. The times and flight number changed, but nothing else since. I'll definitely keep on top of it, and try to book directly with our airline next time.

I also usually book direct with airlines, but I've used Expedia when I have needed to use different airlines for connections. They are quick to notify of flight time changes. Don't worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!