Flight from ATL to HNL

Kgroo

Mouseketeer
For anyone that has done the non-stop from ATL to HNL on Delta recently - I am trying to buy Wifi for the flight and it is saying unavailable to purchase. It will allow me to purchase the day pass for the first short leg of the trip but not the long haul. Is it really not available????

TIA

It may not be available....I know some flights to the Caribbean you lose service at a certain point....my understanding that certain airplanes wifi do not work over water.

Where are you trying to buy from? If buying from Delta doesn't work, consider buying it from the Gogo website (assuming they provide the wifi service).

When we took Delta from LAX, they were very clear that there was no wifi service once the plane started flying above the ocean.

I flew ATL to HNL on Delta and I don't recall wifi being available. We didn't need it or miss it though, with all the TV show, movie, music, and games available at the seat for free!

Virgin America offers wifi service over the ocean as they have a satellite based system (Viasat). To my knowledge Delta uses Gogo which used to be a tower based system, though since they advertise wifi on international flights I don't see why it wouldn't be offered on Hawaii flights.

Yes, wifi is avail on this flight. I used it yesterday, bought the $16 day pass on board on the Delta website. Worked pretty well the whole flight including over the ocean. Would pause at times but come right back. Didn't stream video, mostly read Disboard threads

Agree with @penguins_fan above, this is available. Yes, it does work the entire way across the Pacific. We flew this route in May.

We flew Delta to HNL and did NOT have wifi over the ocean either on the way or return. We had an A310 on the way and a 757 on return.

Yes, wifi is avail on this flight. I used it yesterday, bought the $16 day pass on board on the Delta website. Worked pretty well the whole flight including over the ocean. Would pause at times but come right back. Didn't stream video, mostly read Disboard threads

Was this on the A330 plane? 2-4-2 seat configuration? That's the plane we were on from ATL to HNL, and now that I think more about it, I do believe wifi was available for purchase but it could not be purchased in advance. I vaguely remember looking this up before our trip so that I could purchase it in advance and it was not an option to do that. Once we were on the plane, I never looked into it because of all the entertainment options at the seat.

Was this on the A330 plane? 2-4-2 seat configuration? That's the plane we were on from ATL to HNL, and now that I think more about it, I do believe wifi was available for purchase but it could not be purchased in advance. I vaguely remember looking this up before our trip so that I could purchase it in advance and it was not an option to do that. Once we were on the plane, I never looked into it because of all the entertainment options at the seat.
Yes, it was the 330, my wife had said wifi wasn't available in advance on Deltas website but it was avail on the plane.

Thanks everyone!!! It isn't showing that you can purchase in advance so hopefully they will have it on board :)

For those who have done this flight, what is the food situation?
Pretty decent. We had hot meals in coach, multiple snack pass through by the flight crew, and lots of drinks. Food was also free. It was pretty good.

Pretty decent. We had hot meals in coach, multiple snack pass through by the flight crew, and lots of drinks. Food was also free. It was pretty good.

We've been fortunate to do this flight in front and the meal service up there is very good!

We've been fortunate to do this flight in front and the meal service up there is very good!
I did MSP last flight (same plane) in first and I didn't think we had good food at all. Our coach food was better.

I'm doing HNL to LAX to BOS next month and BOS to SLC to HNL in first again. i'm hoping for better this time.

Agree with PPs. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. We were in standard coach and on the way there, we received the regular pretzel/cookie snacks, but also got a hot meal during the flight which consisted of a hot pasta with a breadstick, caesar salad, shrimp, cheese & crackers, and a brownie. We also got a turkey sandwich one hour before landing. We had the same choice of three hot meal options on the way home, but no turkey sandwich since it was a red eye flight. They came around frequently offering as many snacks and drinks as you'd like, including alcohol at no cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!