Flight Of Passage For The Easily Queasy

Nope, no, not happening. I just tried to watch one of the Youtube views of FOP and I'm queasy. No FOP for me :sad2:. I guess I am not surprised- I get queasy in Mickey's Philharmagic when Aladdin and Jasmine are flying on the carpet.

I do too, especially as they are approaching the food cart! However, I close my eyes and am fine when the show is over. There are a few dips like that in FOP, but those were the worst parts for me.

Anyway, I am definitely in the easily queasy camp. Five years ago, Star Tours was my favorite ride, and I simply cannot do it anymore. It makes my head throb. I felt exceptionally queasy after Mission Space (less intense) and Everest as well. I couldn't shake either of those rides the rest of the day. Soarin' makes me feel a little unsteady on my feet for a few minutes after riding it, but it's one of my favorite Disney rides! The carousel has even been known to make me feel sick.

Having said all of that, I really wanted to try FOP, and I am so glad that I did. The ride was great, and I didn't feel sick during it. There are a few parts that made me a little uneasy, but overall it was not as bad as I was expecting. I did feel the need to eat a little snack when I got off the ride though. Thankfully, my stomach felt a little upset rather than my head feeling all out of sorts. I would ride FOP again, but I know that I couldn't do it more than once per day.

ETA - There is great air circulation on FOP which helped significantly with my nausea.

Last edited:
I rode it a few days ago and did not feel well afterwards. I closed my eyes for most of it and couldn’t wait for it to be over. A shame though because the parts I did see were really cool. I took Bonine and was still queasy. I could only imagine what I would have felt like if I hadn’t taken it. I do fairly well with Soarin and Mission Space Green. But FOP did me in.
I've ridden this ride twice and got quesy both times and was going to try Bonine for our upcoming trip to see if that worked. But now that I've read about your experience I think I'll just sit this one ride out.

Yes, I do too, also on Star Tours. I just close my eyes until the intenseness passes somewhat, then watch again. Wonder if that will work with FOP! Anyone??
If I am in a stationary ride where there is swooping and a lot of movement on the screen, then closing my eyes works for me. But when I rode FoP closing my eyes didn't help because the ride itself moves. The movement is similiar to being in a airplane in rough weather, when the plane dips or tips a little. But I have heard from other people who were able to get by with just occassionally closing their eyes.

Not trying it. Roller coaster? No problem. Heck, I can ride the silly silo. But, put me in a position where my eyes and ears aren’t aren’t registering the same level or amount of movement (essentially any simulator ride) and it’s sickness central. Sickest I ever got on a ride was body wars, and I tried Mission Space with a scopalimine patch. Nope. And once I;m sick, I am done for the whole day. Hoping those Na’vi fast passes are easier to snag than FOP!

I am not easily queasy, but I nearly upchucked on FOP. I do not understand the comparison to Soarin which IMO has a gentle, swing-like motion. It's about 900 times rougher and more frightening.

I'm glad I got to experience it, but I'm in no hurry to go on it again. It was too intense for me.

My wife doesn't do motion rides very well. Its gotten worse the older we get. She loves Soarin though. This summer we road FOP and it tore her up, ruined her for the most part of the day. She ended up throwing up after which was a real bummer.

Its an amazing ride and I can't wait to ride it again. Both our kids had no problems.

I've gone on it several times. Never had a problem til this last time. But went on a full stomach, after eating at Satu'li. Every drop got my stomach so much it took my breath away.

Thanks for posting this! This is exactly what I needed to compare to see if I can do it!
I can do Star Tours and Spiderman, but can't do Forbidden Journey or Mission Space. (I was so dizzy and sick after them.)
So I feel better about being able to try it! I take Bonine for seasickness, but get sooo sleepy with it, so I'm going to try to do without it in the parks.
For comparison, I didn't 'love' Star Tours and Spiderman, Forbidden Journey had a couple of spots that I didn't like, and Mission Space almost killed me. I liked FoP more than any of these.

So we haven't done FOP yet and probably won't get to until our next trip in 2018. We haven't seen any videos of the ride (on purpose) so we will be surprised when we actually do it. My problem is that there are some in my family, who shall remain nameless, do not do well physically on certain rides. After doing Everest for the first time a couple years ago, they said they were nauseous and just felt "off" for the rest of the day. They didn't enjoy the backwards section of the ride.

Which brings me to my question- is FOP going to be OK for someone who doesn't like rides like Star Tours, Spider-Man, is it more like Soarin, or Soarin on steroids?

Someone who gets nauseous on Star Tours or Spider-Man will get nauseous on FOP. I'm able to keep my eyes open for a lot of those two, whereas on FOP I had to keep my eyes closed for most of it. I found it to be much much much more intense than Star Tours. I could only keep my eyes open for a part in the middle where your banshee takes a break and at the end when you just hover and look at the scenery. Other than that it was too nauseating for me to watch. Same for DH and DM.
As far as Soarin goes, that's one of my family's favorite rides and the only simulator I've ever done that I don't have to close my eyes on at any point. I personally don't see the comparison people make between Soarin and FOP.
FOP is a really intense simulator. DH kept his eyes open the first time we rode (despite feeling nauseous, he was just having a really good time). He was so sick when it was over we had to leave the park...

At the end of the day, it's a simulator. If you feel nauseous just close your eyes and you'll be unaffected.

I once rode the Aladdin virtual reality ride at Disney Quest and got do dizzy and sick. That feeling was the worst. I am hoping FOP won't make me feel the same way.

I was a little nervous about this ride because I'm not a fan of heights, and I knew that banshee would be taking some high dives based on what I'd seen in the Avatar movie. But I loved it. My best friend who gets motion sickness on the Jungle Cruise also loved it.

Our plan was to close our eyes if we started feeling sick, but neither of us did. We would have ridden it again if the line hadn't been 2 hours long.

I once rode the Aladdin virtual reality ride at Disney Quest and got do dizzy and sick. That feeling was the worst. I am hoping FOP won't make me feel the same way.
That is the same ride I got sick on years ago Disney actually took me back to my room I was feeling terrible the rest of the day
I decided to have my grand daughter and her friend ride FOP while I have a time out on our trip in 29 days

Someone who gets nauseous on Star Tours or Spider-Man will get nauseous on FOP.

The above is NOT true. I was so nauseous on Star Tours that I actually threw up a little into one of the trash cans in the hall on the way out. It was BAD. I had absolutely NO problem with FOP, even riding it twice in a row due to child swap. I was not the least bit queasy on this ride.

The above is NOT true. I was so nauseous on Star Tours that I actually threw up a little into one of the trash cans in the hall on the way out. It was BAD. I had absolutely NO problem with FOP, even riding it twice in a row due to child swap. I was not the least bit queasy on this ride.

Interesting! Just goes to show there's no way to know how one will react without trying.

These comments are interesting for sure. Maybe the plan will be for me to ride it first and then report back to the others.

Wow everyone's experiences are definitely different. I got very nauseous on Forbidden Journey and was worried about this one. I think I will still give it a try though!

Wow everyone's experiences are definitely different. I got very nauseous on Forbidden Journey and was worried about this one. I think I will still give it a try though!

Definitely give it a try. I thought that it was a more interesting ride than the ones being mentioned. It's not one dimensional so you are paying attention to a lot of different things at once. If you feel overwhelmed you only have to look left or right and you realize you are just sitting in a dark room. I found it less stressful than other simulator rides as I didn't feel confined to a small space; Mission Space was terrible for that and so my least favorite ride experience out of them all.

My friend, who has motion sickness issues, was perfectly fine on this one a month ago. Heck, she even wanted to ride it again!

The only ride that has made me queasy is Forbidden Journey, and I was fine on FoP.

I am prone to motion sickness and am fine on Soarin. FOP made me queasy. I had to close my eyes for 2/3 of it and still felt a little weird afterwards. I didn't ride it a second time even though we had a second fastpass another day but my husband and kids loved it!

Several of my family members get motion sick on different rides. We have found that half a Bonine works wonders for not only FOP but also Everest with no lingering side effects. I have to take one just to ride the buses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!