Flight Of Passage For The Easily Queasy

is it more like Soarin, or Soarin on steroids?

LOL

Soarin on steroids is one of the ways I described it after riding it for the first time this weekend.

If someone has issues with motion sickness on simulators I could see them having an issue with FoP.

I have vertigo issues and do fine on soarin, Star Wars and test track. Expedition Everest and rock n roll at HS makes me take a couple Dramamine but all is well after that! Friday saw us do our first flight of passage with our tour guide and I had no problems with the 3D or vertigo...in fact loved the ride!

I’ll be riding the ride for the first time in two weeks. I watched the ride on youtube and at times it looks like ur flying down. Do the drops feel similar to a roller coaster drop or not as intense? Thanks

My spouse, who gets queasy on just about anything, experienced FOP last week and had NO ill effects at all. Surprised me completely but pleasantly. The combination of mist and air on your face was very helpful. In addition to being a magnificent experience !

I’ll be riding the ride for the first time in two weeks. I watched the ride on youtube and at times it looks like ur flying down. Do the drops feel similar to a roller coaster drop or not as intense? Thanks

I think the drops were similar to a mild roller coaster and worth the wait in line!

My spouse, who gets queasy on just about anything, experienced FOP last week and had NO ill effects at all. Surprised me completely but pleasantly. The combination of mist and air on your face was very helpful. In addition to being a magnificent experience !

Totally agree !

I rode FOP quite a few times on our June Trip. I managed to experience all three levels of seating. I was fine on the top level and the middle level, but the very lowest level bother me a little. I always have to eat Ginger to do roller coasters and yell nonsense to keep my mind off the feelings I get from the coasters. FOP was amazing except for that bottom level. I hope to try all three again next year to see if that was really the issue:)

You do get that drop feeling in your stomach but its not as bad as going down really steep roller coasters.

My husband cannot ride any of the Disney coasters, Star Wars, or many of the other rides. However, last week he was perfectly fine with Soarin and Flight of Passage. No idea why these are ok, and others are not, but it was fine!

i can ride star tours with my eyes closed (not open), i can ride soarin with my eyes open - no problem, i can't ride expedition everest at all (seriously thought i was going to die i was feeling so bad on it and was very sick for hours afterwards), i couldn't ride body wars with my eyes closed or open, can't ride rock n roller coaster at all...
and the virtual reality rides at disneyquest killed me for hours afterwards.....

as for FOP? i had to keep my eyes closed for most of it....i kept trying to open them as it's magnificently beautiful, but i started to get so queasy i had to close them again...

Star Tours makes me nauseous and I have to close my eyes for almost all of it to not be sick. Soarin', I have no issues at all. FOP, I was mostly okay. I closed my eyes for a few seconds a couple of times to be extra cautious (I had been on Forbidden Journey at Universal a couple days prior and got physically ill from that one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter