Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

What waist size is the ride limit looking like as I see a lot of weight postings which doesn't really help me personally as I find people carry their weight in a lot of areas. Hope I don't offend.

Something I love is the way many fast food restaurants are now including calorie counts on their menus. It definitely influences the way I make dining choices.

And Starbucks! I usually stick to my usual, but I've been shocked by some things I've considered!

I thought I'd share my experience with this on my recent trip. Both of my friends are on the large side (both probably around 275 or so - that is just a guess). One of them was able to fit, after the CM gave the back restraint a little push. He would also remain locked until the CM released the restraint manually. My other friend who is taller (about 6'3") simply couldn't ride. It's too bad because he has been working to lose a good bit of weight, but with his height, it just wasn't going to happen. The CMs were very nice about everything and very helpful. The did try their best, and after the failure with one of them, the CM was determined to get the other one locked. Interestingly enough, even after the restraint was extra forced, my friend said he felt like he had a lot of room, and wasn't being squeezed. Everything was comfortable. Anyway, that's just what I witnessed with my group, if that is helpful to anybody.

Just got from our trip 10/18-23) was able to ride 3 times. I am size 22 & had been on the FoP diet to lose weight to fit. I did the hints that were mentioned before - slide in as far as you can; slight arch to back & yes sucked in I did wear hiking sandals & slightly lifted up on toes 2 of the times I rode. The last time the CM told me I had to put my feet flat then the calf/leg restraint did not work. When I lifted up to my toes it worked. Thanks to all who gave their body shapes & sizes & the hints.

Oh boy, I wonder if my husband will be able to ride this! He's 7 feet tall, fairly average weight for his height (250), but his legs are very long and he wears a size 22 shoe. He does not fit on Space Mountain or 7DMTR. I hadn't considered that he wouldn't be able to fit on this but now I'm worried!

Oh boy, I wonder if my husband will be able to ride this! He's 7 feet tall, fairly average weight for his height (250), but his legs are very long and he wears a size 22 shoe. He does not fit on Space Mountain or 7DMTR. I hadn't considered that he wouldn't be able to fit on this but now I'm worried!
I am 5.3 and unfortunately he might need to be mentally prepared for the leg constraints not to click. I went prepared mentally not to fit. I even told my 8 year old nephew if I don’t fit you still ride it without me.

Just back - thought I would provide another data point as of 6/6. I'm 5"2 and just under 300lbs, busty, lift weights so have fairly muscular calves + circulation issue in my left leg so it is larger than my right. I FIT! Back restraint was no issue - even though I'm short my chest was well above the front support, and I wasn't even aware of the back restraint really. Right leg had no issues - didn't even feel the restraint. Cast member did come over to me and maybe gently pushed the left restraint? I did follow some suggestions from here - scootched all the way forward, went up on tip toe so that it hit lower on my calf (not the thickest part).

I didn't see the tester seat (it was at night and my teenager was hustling us into the line because it was record-breaking short due to all the rain that day), and I wasn't that worried about it - I would have stood in line with my kid anyway, then just bowed out at the end if I didn't fit. I warned her that I might not be able to ride, so she wouldn't be surprised if I had to leave the room. As it turns out, if I hadn't fit the "walk of shame" would not have actually been that bad - only 16 people per room and the rest of the line can't see you.

Its a great ride! The position wasn't at all awkward, even with my short arms, no pressure on my knees at all. Completely forgot there were any restrains once the ride started.

You pretty much described my body (even down to the left leg being bigger than the right!) except I'm 5'0". I didn't think I even had a shot of fitting until I got to your post. You just gave me hope!

Tuesday was my AK day. I had a FOP Fast Pass for Friday, with the intent of coming back if I fit in the test seat. I tried the test seat with two different cast members and it was a no for me. :( I asked the second person if it was my calves or the rest of me, and she said calves. In particular I know it was my left calf, as I don't even remember feeling the restraint on my right calf cause I was concentrating on my left.

For reference, my shoe size is 6 (that would be 36 for Europeans), which I thought would work to my advantage, and my left calf is 22".

Last edited:
Just returned from WDW and I could not ride FOP because of my calf size. I am 6'1" and weigh about 430 lbs. I wear a men's 5XL t-shirt and I have a 60" waist and was able to suck in enough for the back restraint to click but the calf restraints would not click. The cast member gave it all she could to lock in my calves but no dice. Just measured my calves and they are 22".

I think it really comes down to your calves, not your belly/hips/etc. If you have 22" calves you are not getting on. 20"
and under you may be OK.

We just got back and DH wasn't able to ride. We did the test seat where the cast member told us it probably wouldn't work but encouraged us to try on the actual ride. We had FP+ so it wasn't a big risk. We finally get on to the ride and the CM couldn't make the leg restraints click. She was really trying and I had given my DH the tips of going on his toes which the CM actually suggested as well. I am not sure if the back would have clicked since the CM was concentrating on the legs. DH wasn't upset because he was so over the ride by this point. With a FP+ it was 45 minutes from the time we got in line to the time we were in the room with the bikes. The preshows are way too long. After the ride a CM scanned both of our bands to give us FP+ to ride whatever we wanted without us even asking. For those that are concerned, I am not sure anyone else on the ride even noticed that DH left and he was on the last bike so he had to go past everyone. It wasn't an embarrassing situation at all and we felt the CM's were great.

I was disappointed for DH but he doesn't seem to care. I encouraged him to try on our next trip as people get different results but he was so turned off by the long wait, etc I don't think he will try again anytime soon. I was able to ride and thought the ride was good but it did not live up to some of the hype you hear.

For reference DH is 6' with a size 13 shoe. He has very muscular calves and carries most of his weight in his hips. He is a size 46/48 pant.

Is there a sum up post that sums up what the calf size needs to be and the tricks to help fit in. I am really worried even though I am not that big, I carry all my weigh in my legs, so my calves are big.

I did not fit on the ride, very disappointed. I am 295#, 5'7", size 3X most weight in front. Calves fine, stomach not so much.

I'm 5 6 and my calves are at 20.5", I carry my weight pretty evenly so even though I'm heavier (about 260), I wear an 18. My feet are women's 9.

I'm assuming from these posts that I likely won't fit solely because of my calf size, is that right?

Last edited:
I'm 5 6 and my calves are at 20.5", I carry my weight pretty evenly so even though I'm heavier (about 260), I wear an 18. My feet are women's 9.

I'm assuming from these posts that I likely won't fit solely because of my calf size, is that right?
Did not fit! I️ am a size 22 but carry weight in my tummy. Leg restraints were fine but uncomfortable. The seat back would not click in. The whole thing was so uncomfortable that I️ did not care I️ just wanted to get off it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!