Flights Changing?

Shinrai

Mouseketeer
I’ve seen a lot of discussion here that flight changes have become a common thing.

For those who have experienced this, how far in advance were you notified of a change to your flights? Are changes happening right up to the date of the flight (not counting last minute maintenance issues and whatnot), or is there a point where you can be pretty confident that the flight schedule won't change?

We’re flying AA.

My experience with Alaska Airlines is that they don't contact me! I check regularly and as soon as I see it changed, I call and make sure they move me to my preferred flight. They often have me rescheduled to a flight I don't want or have separated me from my travel party.

Wait, so they’re not even telling people the flight has changed?
Yes, it happens with almost all airlines. Or if you get a notice it's days after it happens. When we make a reservations months out I check monthly for a while, then weekly, and then daily. Most United flight changes I've discovered on my own before I got any notice.

I started a thread on this in July, as I was set to travel July 20 and 31. Without notice, when I called to confirm my Magical Express, Disney told me my July 20 flight didn't exist and the flight I booked for July 31 was now on August 1. So we called JetBlue and got on different flights. Then, two nights before checkout, the same thing happened, where my flight was changed to August 1 again, so I had to spend another 2 hours on the phone getting onto a new flight. So, don't just check online for your flight status, CALL TO MAKE SURE.

Yikes! So, what are you checking? My tickets look the same. Is there a way to check the flight schedule?

Yikes! So, what are you checking? My tickets look the same. Is there a way to check the flight schedule?

Check your flight status online. You'll need your record locator and your legal name as listed on your ticket.
on aa.com you click on 'Plan Travel' at the top, near the center. Then three rows will come up, your Trips will be on the right. I think it is there you can enter this info. If not, poke around a bit on the site till you find it, it's there somewhere. Or call them.

We had the last flight of the day to MCO out of DFW at 8:30 pm our mid October flight was cancelled in August and we were moved to the flight at 7:15. I have been watching the seating and it's still less than half full. I know there might be a few people picking seating at the last moment. So I guess it could happen again.
I signed up for email alerts for flight changes as well. It emailed me yesterday that the flight arrival time changed... it was 3 mins earlier lol
We are flying AA as well

Check your flight status online. You'll need your record locator and your legal name as listed on your ticket.
on aa.com you click on 'Plan Travel' at the top, near the center. Then three rows will come up, your Trips will be on the right. I think it is there you can enter this info. If not, poke around a bit on the site till you find it, it's there somewhere. Or call them.

Okay, cool! I found that and signed up for alerts.

Okay, cool! I found that and signed up for alerts.
Don't rely solely on alerts. Make sure you check... as mentioned, start monthly (depending on how far out your flight is), then I'd do weekly 4-6 weeks out, then daily within 2 weeks.

Set a schedule to check flights perhaps once a month when you are 2-3 months out. Once inside that time frame, start checking every couple of weeks. One month out, check weekly.

Jet Blue let me know a month in advance my flight had been cancelled via email. Got a full refund.

The relief money the government have airlines is set to expire September 30th. Watch all flights, with all airlines, especially after this date. If money isn't extended airlines are doing major layoffs and flight changes.

We had our flights with SW in December changed and never got a notice, just happened to be looking at things and saw that our non stop flight that got in to MCO at 12:00 had changed to a flight that had a layover and did not get in until 4 in the afternoon. i was able to get an earlier flight but still have a layover and we get in at 12:40. I just hope they don't change it anymore between now and then.

SW changed our flight leaving CMH but sent me an alert. Got things updated with Magical Express for it, then a day later SW sent me an update on my flight leaving from MCO! I hope they don't change it again! I think Magical Express will get tired of me calling them! :)

We have a flight for 11/8 on JetBlue. Our flight was supposed to take off at 5AM, JetBlue contacted us saying the time was now changed to 6AM a few days ago.

Some airlines are better than others.

SW changed our flights and did not notify us at all and I am signed up for texts and emails. We got it worked out but it was some serious nail biting as they put us on a non direct flight getting in way later than our original flight and when I went to change it there was an error in the system so I could not . I am normally not one to panic but we picked our flights for a reason and to not even get a notification was a little upsetting. I only found out through a group I am in on FB.

Hope it all works out for you .

My experience with United is that they re-do the next month's schedule early in the prior month. So I checked the first week of September and they were rescheduling flights for October. I still check often, maybe every day or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter