Flights Changing?

SWA changed both our arrival and departure flights, we got the notice about 60 days out. But we were on N/S flights both ways and our arrival flight was changed to a connection and we weren't gonna arrive until 11:30pm. So I called and had us moved to another N/S flight that arrives at 4pm, much better. We are disappointed with our depature flight as we had N/S leaving at 7:45pm so we almost get a full day in the parks on that day, but now we leave 3 hrs earlier. Booo!!!! But at least it's still N/S.

Our friends that are going ahead of us had their SWA flights changed and now their party of 7 (including 3 children) has been split between two different flights on different days. How ludicrous is that??

I’ve seen a lot of discussion here that flight changes have become a common thing.

For those who have experienced this, how far in advance were you notified of a change to your flights? Are changes happening right up to the date of the flight (not counting last minute maintenance issues and whatnot), or is there a point where you can be pretty confident that the flight schedule won't change?

We’re flying AA.

Oh man. I'm glad I checked my flights because they don't alert you until it's too late. this week week I've had 3 flight changes and it's about a month before.
I'm hoping this was the final changing of the flights.
It was pretty awful of changes too !

I’ve seen a lot of discussion here that flight changes have become a common thing.

For those who have experienced this, how far in advance were you notified of a change to your flights? Are changes happening right up to the date of the flight (not counting last minute maintenance issues and whatnot), or is there a point where you can be pretty confident that the flight schedule won't change?

We’re flying AA.
My flights were both American and changed I think 33- 28(ish??) Days before the flight. So give or take a month.

I ended up having to cancel the 1st flight and change to United and the very next day , it was changed but not as terrible as the American flights.

Don’t count on the airline telling you in a timely manner if at all. I would check weekly and for the last week, daily.
Yep. Those little jerks won't tell you . You'll find out the horror when you refresh your itinerary. Just don't wait till it's too late.
I check weekly now cuz I'm paranoid now 😱😱😱

I found that I needed to be proactive with my JetBlue reservations. When my return flight was cancelled, I was sent an email. In the email, they didn't rebook or offer to move to next available flight. The email only mentioned refund for credit or return of funds. It wasn't till I called that they said they would rebook at no additional cost, because they cancelled the flight.
This distinction is important, because by the time they cancelled- the flight schedule was dramatically reduced and the flight costs were 3x what I paid.

Our PIT>MCO N/S RT flights with SWA first weekend of Dec (Th-Tue) got changed to connecting flights that would have forced us to drop our first and last day at the parks. So instead, we cancelled that and used the funds to change to BWI>MCO RT flights that are now N/S. And leaving the night before and coming back the morning after our original dates.

Wait, so they’re not even telling people the flight has changed?
I had to call them when I noticed my flight change on the Delta site. They weren't even notifying me through email. After requesting I be notified they did notify me on my 4th schedule change. Now, I check a couple of times a day to make sure. I got bumped off my flight onto a much later one last change and my original flight was still available!

I don't know when SWA changed our flights-I just checked because I read about flights changing. It was already within 60 days when I found out by looking. What was crazy was that they had us departing on our second flight (we transferred planes at Houston) 1/2 hour before our first flight arrived. And coming home they had us on a 7 hour layover in Houston. For several days all I got was that "All representatives are busy, please call back closer to the time of your trip. If you want to speak to someone, the wait exceeds 2 hours"(!) Finally, after several days I decided to hold for a representative. 2 1/2 hours later, she changed our flights-the only problem now is that we're coming home a day later, and we had to WL at the hotel. But at least we have decent connections.

Southwest changed our 11/14-11/22 flights on 9/29. Going down 55 min later, coming back 90 min later.

Southwest changed us to a later direct flight the same day in early Dec. Great change as far as I am concerned. We booked a 6am flight on points because it was cheapest. They cancelled that 6am flight and gave us the late AM flight we would have preferred.

Southwest changed us to a later direct flight the same day in early Dec. Great change as far as I am concerned. We booked a 6am flight on points because it was cheapest. They cancelled that 6am flight and gave us the late AM flight we would have preferred.

We lucked out like that, too, on our return flight. I originally booked a morning flight in order to get home early-ish because I thought I might have to work the next day. Turns out I will have that day off, so I was a little bummed I had booked it that way, but the later flights were too pricey to switch by the time I knew for sure. Well, AA ended up changing us to an evening flight.:cool1:

So far, that’s the only changes we’ve had!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter