Florida Resident Question

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with my similar but somewhat confusing situation!

Do y'all think he needs to bring proof of residency?

Do y'all think apartment documents would be sufficient to prove residency?

In all of our experiences we have always had to show individual documentation of FL residency to get our resident passes. Unfortunately apartment rental documents are not listed on the official proof of residency documentation page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/
So I am doubtful they will work. We use utility bills as our proof of snowbird residency. Perhaps he will have a utility bill he could use?

In all of our experiences we have always had to show individual documentation of FL residency to get our resident passes. Unfortunately apartment rental documents are not listed on the official proof of residency documentation page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/
So I am doubtful they will work. We use utility bills as our proof of snowbird residency. Perhaps he will have a utility bill he could use?
Thanks for the reply! I don't think we will have a utility bill yet, but I'm pretty sure his bank account address is a FL address, so I think we will use that.

Interesting you had to show individual documentation, when I purchased tickets online with my family I entered my driver's license number then we were able to walk right into the parks.

Interesting you had to show individual documentation, when I purchased tickets online with my family I entered my driver's license number then we were able to walk right into the parks.

The bank account with a local address will work.

We have NH licenses so we have to provide annual proof of FL home ownership. A small annoyance for the resident pass savings.

I am in the process of purchasing a second home in Florida. Does anyone have any experience using the second home to qualify for Florida resident rate discounts? I do not plan on switching my identification to Florida, but will be in the state a considerable amount of time. I've reviewed everything on the official Disney page and appear to be okay as I'll have a mortgage and utilities.

I do this as well, but as someone else mentioned you will need to have a credit card with a FL address to buy or renew online. For this purpose, I opened another credit card with my FL address (an earned lots of bonus miles!).

As a follow-up to this as my date of our trip is approaching. We are literally closing a day before our trip. I have a homeowner's insurance bill. The utilities are all scheduled to be turned on, but doesn't sound like I've have a bill in hand. Not getting a FL license. We did open a Wells Fargo bank account, but no statement yet. I'm going to bring the homeowner's insurance bill and the bank is giving us a document with our address and bank account. Does WDW make copies of this stuff or just review it? My wife is not too keen on anyone copying bank statements, etc. as she was the victim of identity theft from the negligence of a big company. Thanks!

As a follow-up to this as my date of our trip is approaching. We are literally closing a day before our trip. I have a homeowner's insurance bill. The utilities are all scheduled to be turned on, but doesn't sound like I've have a bill in hand. Not getting a FL license. We did open a Wells Fargo bank account, but no statement yet. I'm going to bring the homeowner's insurance bill and the bank is giving us a document with our address and bank account. Does WDW make copies of this stuff or just review it? My wife is not too keen on anyone copying bank statements, etc. as she was the victim of identity theft from the negligence of a big company. Thanks!

I've used utility bills and bank statements in the past, and they did not make copies of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter