Florida Resident tickets - Not allowed to purchase with statements?

Cj2017

Mouseketeer
I mistakenly took charge of planning this family gathering at Disney world and now instead of dealing with just my headaches in planning I'm handling 5 different families!

Here is my question though, so my brother and his wife live in Nebraska with me during a portion of the year and when it starts getting cold they go over to Florida. They want to take advantage of the Florida resident tickets, so I told them today to go to the box office to buy their tickets before flying back out here tonight. They went there and were told that because they didn't have "Florida ID" they couldn't buy tickets. I knew this ahead of time and told them to take their bank statements, mortgage or utility bill.

The CM they talked to apparently would not accept any of those forms with a Nebraska ID. They dismissed the Verizon bill because it wasn't "Utility" and they dismissed the statement from Firstnational bank because its a Nebraska bank. I can possibly see both the reason's for that but they should have accepted the mortgage statement. All 3 had valid proof showing the Florida address and they had their Nebraska ID's. Is there something I'm missing or was this a misinformed CM?

If so is there anything I can do now? Out trip is in October and they don't plan on going back to Florida till then, but I need their tickets before that to reserve FP.

My parents bought a condo in Kissimmee last Spring while keeping their permanent residence and licenses in Massachusetts. They renewed their annual passes a couple of weeks ago at Disney Springs and got the Florida resident price by showing the deed for the condo that had both of their names on it.

I just picked up my brother from the airport. Apparently when they turned down their first national bank account because it was a Nebraska bank they tried offering up their statement from Navy Federal that has their Florida address and no dice.** I misunderstood they didn’t have the mortgage statement just the Verizon bill, navy federal & first national bank checking account statement either way one of these should have worked

I just picked up my brother from the airport. Apparently when they turned down their first national bank account because it was a Nebraska bank they tried offering up their statement from Navy Federal that has their Florida address and no dice.** I misunderstood they didn’t have the mortgage statement just the Verizon bill, navy federal & first national bank checking account statement either way one of these should have worked
They got a misinformed cm. Any utility or bank statement with their name and their Florida address will work. A shame they didn't try another cm. There's no way to prove Florida residency online unless you have a Florida dl (afaik) so they will have to wait until they come again

They got a misinformed cm. Any utility or bank statement with their name and their Florida address will work. A shame they didn't try another cm. There's no way to prove Florida residency online unless you have a Florida dl (afaik) so they will have to wait until they come again

That's just so sad that the guest has to know more than the cast member.

A few years ago we had two CMs (front desk manager and CM at MK city hall) tell me when you upgrade a unused 10 day ticket to an AP, it was back dated to the date it was purchased.

Same trip, we had two front desk CM at BLT tell us Minnie vans only hold 4 people.

A few years ago we had two CMs (front desk manager and CM at MK city hall) tell me when you upgrade a unused 10 day ticket to an AP, it was back dated to the date it was purchased.
How did you handle this? Did you finally get a manager who knew what "unused" meant?

I just got off the phone with 2 different CM’s and both have a different answer.

CM 1 – My brother can purchase the Florida resident tickets online then when he gets there he can show the bank statement when he gets there to activate his tickets, but he wouldn’t be able to make FP reservations till they were activated. I told them that we tried that yesterday but was turned away. They apologize as this policy was just updated recently so not all CM might have the new training. (I know the FP info was BS so I asked to speak to another rep).

CM 2 – Was very similar to what my brother was told at the ticket booth about the financial statements. I will admit I was getting a little annoyed at that point and snapped back a little. He came at me with “If we took bank statements all someone would have to do is have their financial statements sent to a family’s house in Florida and use that as proof. I gave up and just hung up……

How did you handle this? Did you finally get a manager who knew what "unused" meant?

Short answer, yes......long answer, see below.

But it took a couple of hours of my time. Our first day we weren't planning on doing much but go to GS to upgrade tickets but it was pouring rain. Front desk CM said oh you can do that here. Ok, we did. Next day , the CM at the entrance happens to say to my DS, oh your AP expires X date, 5 months away. I wasn't worried, figured someone punched in the wrong date, no biggie. At the end of the day, went back to front desk (I have no idea why we didn't check it out in the park, but we didn't) . They checked, nope, it's correct. The AP is back dated to the date that the tickets were purchased. These tickets were purchased as a Christmas gift, so perhaps bought in Nov. The trip didn't take place until May, so they were chopping off roughly 7 months. I questioned it and they were insistent that's the way it's done now. Everyone does it like that, even Universal.

ok, called MS, since these were DVC AP. The good news, they should be dated from the time we redeem/go in the park, bad news it can't be fixed over the phone, I need to go to a park to get it fixed.

The next day, I go to GS in MK. Wait in line, tell the whole story. CM, ok, let's check this....hmmm and ok, let's me look at that..... nope that's correct. AP is good until Nov. Again I said this can't be right, can I speak to a supervisor please? Supervisor comes, Tell the story again. He does the check this and that. Then tells the first CM, the AP is good until May (one year minus a day or two) and she looks like Oh, this must be a brand new policy that just started in the last 5 mins. I had no idea.

So it got fixed. But again, have there been people who had no idea and just thought it was their fault they didn't buy the tickets correctly?

I just got off the phone with 2 different CM’s and both have a different answer.

CM 1 – My brother can purchase the Florida resident tickets online then when he gets there he can show the bank statement when he gets there to activate his tickets, but he wouldn’t be able to make FP reservations till they were activated. I told them that we tried that yesterday but was turned away. They apologize as this policy was just updated recently so not all CM might have the new training. (I know the FP info was BS so I asked to speak to another rep).

CM 2 – Was very similar to what my brother was told at the ticket booth about the financial statements. I will admit I was getting a little annoyed at that point and snapped back a little. He came at me with “If we took bank statements all someone would have to do is have their financial statements sent to a family’s house in Florida and use that as proof. I gave up and just hung up……

But isn’t that exactly what the website says is allowed?

“Mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements.”

Also:

“Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address.

Current statements and bills printed from electronic versions are accepted, along with electronic bills provided via smart phones and tablet devices.”

If we took bank statements all someone would have to do is have their financial statements sent to a family’s house in Florida and use that as proof
This CM is ignorant. I'm fairly confident that Banks and financial institutions don't allow this - there are federal regulations that govern this.

So much wrong here. First - what CM did he "talk to" initially. You say "box office" but where exactly?

They are 100% wrong on the bank statements as long as it had the Florida address. Also - any unused ticket attached to your MDE account will also you to make FP for dates you're eligible to make FP for dates you're eligible for. Definitely a situation to call over a manager.

My parents bought a condo in Kissimmee last Spring while keeping their permanent residence and licenses in Massachusetts. They renewed their annual passes a couple of weeks ago at Disney Springs and got the Florida resident price by showing the deed for the condo that had both of their names on it.

And on the flip side, here's a case where someone apparently got the benefit without having the necessary proof. Deeds are not acceptable proof of residence (Disney distinguishes residence from ownership).

This CM is ignorant. I'm fairly confident that Banks and financial institutions don't allow this - there are federal regulations that govern this.

And regardless, the rules are clear. Nowhere does it say a Florida bank. There's no ambiguity there.

A friend of mine lives in Florida about 4 months a year. He runs into this issue as well. He just keeps trying until a CM allows it. There is not a lot of consistency.
It’s like. No. No no. And Yes. So then he gets it.

“Proof of Current Mortgage
You may use a monthly mortgage statement from within the past 2 months; it may not be more than 2 months old. Deeds, mortgage contracts, mortgage payment booklets and leases are not accepted.”

Interesting that bank statements are allowed but deeds and leases are not. The former seems easier to fake than the latter.

I hate when stated policies are not followed.

A friend of mine lives in Florida about 4 months a year. He runs into this issue as well. He just keeps trying until a CM allows it. There is not a lot of consistency.
It’s like. No. No no. And Yes. So then he gets it.

My fear is that I just have them buy the Florida resident tickets we book FP rides. When we get there they wont take it and have to pay difference of regular ticket (which is fine if that what it ultimately comes down to) but I don't want them to lose their Fast passes.

My fear is that I just have them buy the Florida resident tickets we book FP rides. When we get there they wont take it and have to pay difference of regular ticket (which is fine if that what it ultimately comes down to) but I don't want them to lose their Fast passes.
I understand. Just a grey area.

I live in Florida, got a mortgage statements to show. But what happens if you get denied?,
You have to pay the difference from full gate price or from online Disney price?
There are special Florida residents tickets that have no equal so how do you adjust that?, like 4 day hopper gets 4 days of water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts