Florida Resident tickets - Not allowed to purchase with statements?

And on the flip side, here's a case where someone apparently got the benefit without having the necessary proof. Deeds are not acceptable proof of residence (Disney distinguishes residence from ownership).

Actually, according to Disney, you don’t need to prove residence. You need to provide proof of a residential address. I think my parents having a deed when they showed up in person at Disney Springs Guest Services, even though not explicitly stated in this link, is sufficient. That’s probably why my parents got the FL resident price.

Disney’s take on this

As a counter point I haven't had an issue with it in the last ten years

As long as you provide the proof they require listed on the website and copied earlier in this thread you are a "Florida resident" as far as Disney is concerned. They don't care about where you hold financials or anything else etc. or if you are an official state recognized Florida resident.

If Disney only wanted state official Florida residents, it would be very easy, they would require proof to be only a Florida state ID, like Universal does. They obviously made the decision to include split/part time residents/snowbirds etc.
Universal and Sea World have a similar policy as Disney, no need for a Florida dl

Universal and Sea World have a similar policy as Disney, no need for a Florida dl
Really? Not saying you wrong but on the website it says you need DL/I’d from Florida. This would save my brother some money too if true

Actually, according to Disney, you don’t need to prove residence. You need to provide proof of a residential address. I think my parents having a deed when they showed up in person at Disney Springs Guest Services, even though not explicitly stated in this link, is sufficient. That’s probably why my parents got the FL resident price.

Disney’s take on this

No. The rules are clear and not meant to involve a subjective interpretation by cast members. It clearly states “deeds are not accepted”. The fact that a CM allowed it to be used doesn’t change that it was a mistake and doesn’t give rise to claims of “what Disney really meant to say in their rules was ....”.
This is not difficult. Disney has created a clear list of what proof they will accept to meet what THEY CONSIDER a resident. It’s no more or less complicated than that. CMs are not asked to make subjective decisions beyond whether it’s on the list or not. A CM who denies a document on the list or accepts a document not on the list for subjective reasons (beyond it being a fake) has made a mistake

Getting a bit off topic for Disney but do you have a link to that? I haven’t gotten Universal passes in the past as part year because my main IDs are out of state and I thought their website said they demand one of 4 types of Florida ID.

Getting a bit off topic for Disney but do you have a link to that? I haven’t gotten Universal passes in the past as part year because my main IDs are out of state and I thought their website said they demand one of 4 types of Florida ID.
holy cow, spent about 5 min looking the requirement page and can't find it. But I can tell you, from first hand account, that it's basically the same as Disney

The ID requirement used to be the old universal site but now it is gone, good news if they are the same now as Disney

So you have taught your kids how to cheat to get what they want? I lived in GA for 20 years and couldve used my parents or brothers address to get a resident ap. I didnt. Why? Because its lying and is wrong. When we moved here and became "residents" last August we got resident APs. I guess to each his or her own, but telling everyone how you have lied for years to get something you shouldnt have isnt something I would do publicly.

how is this cheating. He has a Florida address.

We had Universal FL AP a few times. They required proof of residency with Florida address. And asked for our License (we do not have FL and never have) to verify our name with the name on our proof of residency.

I did find this on the website and you can see it does not state the ID must be Florida ... just a photo ID.

"Guest must present proof of Florida residency at time of purchase. Guest must present a valid photo ID with this pass for admission into the parks and to receive discounts."

The ID requirement used to be the old universal site but now it is gone, good news if they are the same now as Disney

Without something on their website saying so - I would not count on it. Disney is fairly generous with allowing people without Florida IDs
We had Universal FL AP a few times. They required proof of residency with Florida address. And asked for our License (we do not have FL and never have) to verify our name with the name on our proof of residency.

I did find this on the website and you can see it does not state the ID must be Florida ... just a photo ID.

"Guest must present proof of Florida residency at time of purchase. Guest must present a valid photo ID with this pass for admission into the parks and to receive discounts."

Thanks - I know about a year or so ago it was crystal clear on the website that it required 1 of 4 types of FL ID. I do not see that anymore so perhaps they have gone the way of Disney recognizing that there are part year residents who keep their main licenses in the other state. May reconsider this now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter