• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Flour and protein powder?

Eeyoreluver

DS and DD CP Alumni
Where do I find almond flour and vanilla protein powder? Also, I would like some recipes for cookies. We are driving to Disney World and I want to stray too far off the low carb diet. I am buying suger free candy, but I would like some cookies too. Does anyone have a chocolate chip recipe with low carbs?
Thanks,
Gina:Pinkbounc

Carbolite makes peanut butter, chocolate chip and shortbread cookies. I tried the shortbread cookies this past week and they aren't bad.... not OMG great, but by no means horrible. The are 2 g carbs and 0 g sugar per cookie.

I got mine in Rite Aid. If you like them, you can get them online for under $8 per box of 12 cookies.

This is one alternative, at least.

Look at a health food store.

Bob's Red Mill makes almond flour... you might be able to find it at a larger grocery store (I've seen it at Meijer around here). You can also make your own almond meal at home by grinding slivered almonds into a meal consistency. If you shop online, try www.netrition.com for almond meal and protein powder. Or, for a great price on almond meal/flour, try www.nuttyguys.com.

Vanilla protein powder is the protein shake mixes... Walmart carries a pretty good brand, EAS Whey. It's in the pharmacy section. You want to find one that doesn't have added sugar, and no more than 4g carbs per serving. You can also find them at GNC, CVS or other pharmacies, Trader Joe's, health food stores, even grocery stores. Designer Whey is another popular brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter