Flying right before Christmas

Mickey_Maniac

I'm a Maniac, so what???
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it is usually like flying on 12/23 or 12/24? I have never flown at that time, but we are thinking og going to WDW for Christmas week.

I know it will be crowded, but we have always wanted to be there at Xmas.

Any opinions?

Haven't flown ....but will be this year.....can't wait for Christmas at WDW....

We have flown to WDW several times. No problems just be sure to allow a little extra time at the airport for checkin.

There is no better place to celebrate Christmas than WDW. Of course we enjoyed celebrating Christmas at Universal also.

We stay at CBR and the celebration on Christmas Eve is great.

We flew out of JFK on 12/23 and didn't have any problems. I think because it was an 8:00 a.m. flight, the airport wasn't that crowded. Coming back on 12/29 at 7:00 p.m. was another story.

Be careful flying 12/24 at night. There's this guy in a sleigh with 8 reindeer that can cause havoc with air traffic control. Expect delays.

It will be busy and the plane will be oversold. Give yourself extra time to get to the airport and extra time to get past security. We have been flying christmas time for years. Nothing better than WDW during the holidays.

If you have not booked air yet don't wait to long. Prices are higher around the holiday if you see a good fare book it, don't wait. Look at fares the day before you want to leave, the money you save on airfare will usually pay for an extra day at WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter