Flying southwest with a 23 month old

You do not need any form of permission from a non-traveling parent for a domestic flight. Don't carry on the car seat; the chances of an empty seat next to you is very, very low. As noted, you always need to add a lap baby to the reservation; don't just show up at the airport without doing so.

dumb question he does not turn 24 months while there does he? because if he does you will need to buy him a ticket for trip home.member of family had this happen to them not thinking about before they got to airport on way home
No, he will have about 3 weeks after we get back

You do not need any form of permission from a non-traveling parent for a domestic flight. Don't carry on the car seat; the chances of an empty seat next to you is very, very low. As noted, you always need to add a lap baby to the reservation; don't just show up at the airport without doing so.

Wow, I did not know about adding him on as a lap baby. I'll have to find out how to do that.
Maybe I just got lucky, but I've flown with my daughter and my niece brought her daughter once and there were empty seats both times. I'm fine if we have to hold him. Flight isn't too long

All passengers need to be accounted for on a flight, in case something horrible happens. That's why lap babies need documentation. It would also be wise to have information on emergency contacts if you are traveling alone with a child, in case something serious happens to you and there's no one else with you to take over the care of the child. Of course a flight attendant would secure the child, but they would need to be able to contact a family member ASAP.

so to be clear- you have to call SWA and add the lap baby? and then full checkin at airport for a bp?

Yes, you should call to add to your ticket. I actually need to do the same for an upcoming flight with my 11 month old. When we flew SW in May, I actually brought the shot record that I had from a recent visit. They had told me both work. We did curbside check in for luggage as usual and showed the necessary documents for my baby. Then we got the gate check tag at the gate counter for the stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter