Food is not up to par in some restaurants at Disney World now

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
The biggest disappointments were the Wave breakfast and Liberty Tree thanksgiving dinner. We always loved the wave but this time the food was awful. Liberty was pretty bad too and I like stouffers and previous meals there. On the other hand, lots of good places too. Wolf Gang Puck had the best 4 course thanksgiving dinner I have ever had. Boathouse was perfect and of course polite pig is as good as ever.

The biggest disappointments were the Wave breakfast and Liberty Tree thanksgiving dinner. We always loved the wave but this time the food was awful. Liberty was pretty bad too and I like stouffers and previous meals there. On the other hand, lots of good places too. Wolf Gang Puck had the best 4 course thanksgiving dinner I have ever had. Boathouse was perfect and of course polite pig is as good as ever.
I guess everyone has different experiences at the same restaurants as we dined at both of those restaurants in October and they were delicious!

We had not had breakfast at the Wave before and thought it was yummy - especially the cheesy grits I got on the side! And we've had LTT before, even though it had been years, but really enjoyed our lunch there! We asked for a large bowl of salad that DH and I split and our turkey & gravy was DELICIOUS! We did skip the green beans since we'd eaten the worlds largest bowl of salad and I had some mac n cheese while DH ate the potatoes and then we split a ooey-gooey...

Can't wait to go back in a week!

We are here now and went to Kona for our 3rd time ever. We actually weren't wowed the first 2 visits but this time it was a really good lunch and we left out of there stuffed. I just wish they would update that place in the renovations they are doing. And close it off more so it doesn't feel like a cafeteria.

Went to Narcoossees for the 1st time and it also was really good food. But lots of loud kids in there and even some running around. Made it not feel like much of a signature.

Went to Biergarten and that was fantastic. Enjoyed the family style and not having to get up for the buffet.. lol. The food was delish and we also left there stuffed.

Also had a lunch at Spice Road Table and there the menu was cut back but the food we did get was really good.

I have found it to be the best food and service in many many years. Have Yak and Yeti and Topolinos still to go to and figure they too will be tip top.

We are here now and went to Kona for our 3rd time ever. We actually weren't wowed the first 2 visits but this time it was a really good lunch and we left out of there stuffed. I just wish they would update that place in the renovations they are doing. And close it off more so it doesn't feel like a cafeteria.

Went to Narcoossees for the 1st time and it also was really good food. But lots of loud kids in there and even some running around. Made it not feel like much of a signature.

Went to Biergarten and that was fantastic. Enjoyed the family style and not having to get up for the buffet.. lol. The food was delish and we also left there stuffed.

Also had a lunch at Spice Road Table and there the menu was cut back but the food we did get was really good.

I have found it to be the best food and service in many many years. Have Yak and Yeti and Topolinos still to go to and figure they too will be tip top.
We head to Biergarten next week and I'm super excited!! We haven't been in ages and I'm excited to have them just bring me the food! HA!

I already know we are asking for more schnitzel!

Even before the pandemic, I found that the quality varied a lot between different visits to some of the same restaurants.

A change since the pandemic is that most of the menus are more limited than before.

We were at Disney about six weeks ago and found the food generally okay. We did mostly mobile ordering and brought the food back to Copper Creek. My one complaint was the pack up of the food. If my local tiny Mexican place can put food in divided containers, then so can the restaurants at WDW. It was so unappetizing to to receive food thrown into a brown cardboard box with sauces leaking and having to scrape the bottom!

Had Yak and Yeti today and it was very good. They have a special that is teriyaki steak and veges with jasmine rice and shrimp tempura with house made yum yum sauce. It was huge portions and delicious.

Liberty Tree Tavern has been very hit or miss over the years. We have never had a "bad" meal, but have had some better than others. Going in 10 days. Hoping for the best.

We were there last week and went to 5-6 different restaurants and the food was good at all of them, but the noticeable thing for us was that instead of having 8-10 entree choices on the menu, there were trimmed down to 5-6 and I think only 4 in a couple of the places we went.

We enjoyed Liberty Tree a couple weeks ago. Had breakfast at the Wave, I got a Mickey Waffle, it was ok, I think it may have been pre-made. Enjoyed breakfast at Chef Mickeys and Trattori. Had dinner at at Topolinos, very good. Raglan Road was just ok, my friends steak wasn’t done enough and we couldn’t get seated in the main room. GF Cafe dinner was good. Had lunch at Whispering Canyon, ordered sandwiches instead of the skillet.

I guess everyone has different experiences at the same restaurants as we dined at both of those restaurants in October and they were delicious!

We had not had breakfast at the Wave before and thought it was yummy - especially the cheesy grits I got on the side! And we've had LTT before, even though it had been years, but really enjoyed our lunch there! We asked for a large bowl of salad that DH and I split and our turkey & gravy was DELICIOUS! We did skip the green beans since we'd eaten the worlds largest bowl of salad and I had some mac n cheese while DH ate the potatoes and then we split a ooey-gooey...

Can't wait to go back in a week!
We just ate at LTT weekend before last and the experience is markedly different. There are no large bowls of salad-it's individual salads that were ok-barely any dressing but ok for a basic salad. Our brisket had a huge piece of fat in it but we asked for more and it was swiftly brought out. Our server was fabulous and I wish we could have him at every restaurant we go to! We also were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe building and it was like being in a school cafeteria. Bright lights and LOUD. I wouldn't say it was a fail, though. The price is not as high as at other places and all of the food was good.

We just ate at LTT weekend before last and the experience is markedly different. There are no large bowls of salad-it's individual salads that were ok-barely any dressing but ok for a basic salad. Our brisket had a huge piece of fat in it but we asked for more and it was swiftly brought out. Our server was fabulous and I wish we could have him at every restaurant we go to! We also were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe building and it was like being in a school cafeteria. Bright lights and LOUD. I wouldn't say it was a fail, though. The price is not as high as at other places and all of the food was good.
We were also seated in the Diamond Horseshoe building which was disappointing (BUT since we'd never been in there it was neat to see it!) but being just a party of 2, we were sat at a table near a set of doors not used, and we were kind of off buy ourselves which we totally enjoyed and even made a comment to each other that it would have ben louder more in the "open"! And, we definitely asked for the super big bowl of salad - we had noticed that they were giving tiny bowls at the table and we knew we wanted more salad than that so we asked and our server was quite accommodating!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but we found on our last trip that the prices are just too high across the board. That in mind, the only meal we enjoyed on our last trip was Raglan Road. The food was great, the atmosphere was worth paying a little extra for. Sorry, but end list. YMMV

LTT was great for us a few weeks ago. The Wave breakfast was awful - undercooked scrambled eggs, raw mushrooms in the omelet, etc. R&C was the worst for us.

CRT was surprisingly our best meal. Glad given the cost, but had not expected it.

Bummer to hear about The Wave. It’s usually one of our faves. We had dinner there last week and it was good, not great (I miss some options that are currently missing from the menu). Overall I agree with the comment that many things feel overpriced right now. We ordered Ubereats a few times and ate at the picnic table at our FW campsite, and those were some of our best and least expensive meals. We also ate at Polite Pig for the first time- man, if they had delivery, we would just do that for every meal!

This may be an unpopular opinion, but we found on our last trip that the prices are just too high across the board. That in mind, the only meal we enjoyed on our last trip was Raglan Road. The food was great, the atmosphere was worth paying a little extra for. Sorry, but end list. YMMV

Partly why I feel I always cancel like half my dining reservations a week out when I finalize everything lol.

We were also seated at the Diamond Horseshoe for our LTT meal. Honestly, I think there should be a warning when you book it that this is a possibility. We watched a lot of disappointed people walking in that night as we were eating. And if I had known we would be seated there, I wouldn’t have made the reservation. Half of the experience of eating at LTT is the restaurant itself. The Diamond Horseshoe just isn’t the same.

Curious what was bad about the Wave this time? That's always been one of our favorites (and it never hurts that it's almost always easy to get).

I love Yak n Yeti and Toppolinos. Hope you enjoy! Sad you didnt have a great experience at Narcoosseess. Their food is definitely one of my fav. Never tried Biergarten.. maybe next time.

We were also seated at the Diamond Horseshoe for our LTT meal. Honestly, I think there should be a warning when you book it that this is a possibility. We watched a lot of disappointed people walking in that night as we were eating. And if I had known we would be seated there, I wouldn’t have made the reservation. Half of the experience of eating at LTT is the restaurant itself. The Diamond Horseshoe just isn’t the same.
I agree... what if I refuse the seating at Horseshoe and wait For LT seating?
Can I cancel & not be charged as a No Show since I plan to “wait” and they probably will not accept that. Is there pleasant piano music in the Horseshoe as you dine for atmosphere? Anything to make the experience more “ appetizing” like free desert...haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter