Food options: 1 adult and 1 picky kid

Tggrtoes

Earning My Ears
hi there - got our character breakfast booked and pre registered kids club. Now I'm thinking about other food. Given DH can't eat, I'm generally not focused on any fancy meals. I know there is cafe and the pizza (maybe part of cafe?)... if we want moderate food that includes either chicken tenders or pizza (only main food kid will eat) is that pretty easy to get at any time? Preferably where I can get a real meal at least once or twice. Do we need to Book resos for any dinner? I'm still undecided on if I will cook in room or not.

We will do AMA AMA for pancakes... we very excited about that.

Ulu Cafe is going to be your best friend. They have a decent variety of moderate food and a main evening dish that rotates so you always have some choice. They have pretty good pizza my teen son still talks about and it is fairly reasonably priced for a Hawaiian resort. There are many options in a refrigerated display case like salads and sandwiches, desserts etc plus baked goods like little malasadas (try them, they are portuguese style donuts that are soooo good). There are Mickey bars here too as well as in a couple of other spots.

Mama's Snack Shop has chicken tenders and fries, hot dogs and Portuguese Sausage on a bun, coconut shrimp and drinks. This is located between all the pools and is only open till 6pm. We have found it to close even earlier sometimes, just fyi but it is pretty convenient if you are parked on a set of chairs and dont want to head up to your room.

Depends on what time of day, the Ulu Cafe kind of shuts down around 9pm-ish so if you are looking for food late into the evening then it will be hard to find at the resort.

Here are some pics of the menus but these are just from online and the prices could have changed. Just to give you an idea of what you are looking at for planning.

upload_2017-9-30_15-22-43.png

upload_2017-9-30_15-24-16.png

upload_2017-9-30_15-24-32.png

Mama's was closing at 5 when we were there in June.

There's also the ABC store across the street. They have a sub and salad line, a hot bar, and lots of grab and go stuff (mmmm poke!). We liked everything we got from there. Also reasonably priced and gives you one more option. Think it's open later than Ulu too.

If you are looking for a sit down place I think Makahiki buffet would be a good choice. It has a wide variety for dinner and even a picky eater can probably find things to eat there. There are some exotic foods, but also comfort food. In my opinion you might want to stay away from Ama Ama. While I found the food there to be very good (the scallops are excellent), I'm not sure there is much for a picky eater. You could find yourself paying a lot for food that your kids won't eat.

Fabulous. Food is always challenging (ironically DL is one of the worst for options) so knowing we have several different good options is wonderful. Thanks

Moneypod has kids cheese pizza. It's across the street from Aulani. We loved eating there and they had lots of great options for adults as well and was reasonably priced. =)

Across the street from Moneypod is Corner Pizza, which is also very good. The only issue there is that large pizzas are their only size. But if the whole family can agree on toppings then it's a good buy. My wife and I bought a large, ate half of it at the restaurant and then ate a couple of lunches from it while at the pools. All-in-all a good deal, considering the price of Disney food :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!