Food to bring from home - be CREATIVE!!!

We will have a kitchen for our stay but I was going through the grocery yesterday looking for ideas of what to take while I was shopping. What about pizza? Even if you are in a hotel these would work. You can get those premade crusts like Boboli. They have all sorts of toppings in little packages by the crusts. The only thing you would have to keep cool is the cheese. If you got the lilttle individual crusts you could then microwave them until the cheese is melted.
My kids love pizza so we are definitely taking these!!!

Didn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. But don't forget the FIBER. Most fruits and veggies are shelf stable and don't need constant refrigeration. Not only is this very filling and healthy, but it will put a "spring in your step" and keep you on a "regular" pace, if you know what I mean. Take along a good paring knife/slicing knife (in your luggage or they'll confiscate it if you try to carryon) and lots of ziplocks. Slice and cut up to take along and ice down what you don't use for next day. You can even collect those little plastic cups with the lids that are used for carryouts at restaurants and fill it with ranch dip for veggies or plain yogurt for veggies. Throw on some pre-toated coconuts (for the fruits) or sunflower seeds for the veggies and you get that crunch that we soooo crave when we snack.

We are going in Nov. 7-15 and staying at the all sports. I am packing a few things after reading the menu pricing WHEW! I am taking beef jerky,smoked oysters(my son loves these), gingerbread lemon cookies,individualy wrapped danishs from our local sam's warehouse,spam, deviled ham,small brie wheel,honey pkts from fastfood place to put on brie after micro waving,french bread,gormet coffee from hilo hatties,stuff for smores(we are going to the WL campfire)plus marshmellow cream and nilla waffers,salsa dip and nacho chips, i'm wrapping them in bubble pack.I think this was a great topic,I can't wait to read all the replys.:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

:D I forgot to tell about the brie : put it in ziploc bag with ice packs (not ice,it would get messy) and then when hungry heat in microwave until cheese melts then drizzle honey on top and sprinkle with toasted slivered almonds. Spread on bite size hunk of french bread(also warmed in microwave.Y UMMY:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Does anyone know if you can take ANYTHING as far as food into Disneyworld? Even snacks/etc. Also, if not can you at least take water bottles...when we visit six flags in Texas (even hotter than DW!!) we take frozen water bottles. I wonder if any of the refrigerators in the hotels have freezers? Please help if you know!

I've brought the usual: Peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks, granola bars,
individual treats from Costco, store packaged bagels, peanut butter, and jelly
(although I got realized I could use the jelly from the food court). But what about
1) muffins from Costco, 2) baby carrots, and 3) ramen soups in the cup (just add hot water)
How do you think this stuff would hold up in the luggage?:D

LSuts,
Indeed, you may take water bottles into WDW parks. We take the kind that are held by a waist pack. The bottles we take are Brita filtration bottles, and we fill them with ice each morning and afternoon before heading to the parks so that after an hour or so when we are thirsty we have nice, fresh tasting, cold water.

We just gat back and really enjoyed Kraft's Easy Mac 'n Cheese, Velveeta pre-packaged cheese slices, Tuna in the vacuum packs, pbj, cereal, oj and leftovers!!!!

A word of warning: we had really bad luck w/ luggage this trip. We packed the food in an old hardsided suitcase and the latches had been pried open. Guess they were really disappointed that it was only food. My Sister's family small hardsided suitcase showed up in Orlando and then disappeared! They also had their disposable cameras packed in there. (We joked they'd take pictures of themselves enjoying her dh Spam :p and send them to her!)

Keep in mind we got to the airport about 30 minues before take-off---not much time but they still had time to get in the suitcase. Made me paranoid about packing my souvies!:eek:

i usually pack :

smuckers peanut butter/jelly/crackers they sell them at the grocery store for about 99cents

pringles in the can so they dont get squished

bottled water

starburst to chew on the plane better for little kids then gum if they swallow it

goldfish crackers

i usually bring only snack food for at nite after the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter