Foods not to eat at DL

Bossy22

DIS Veteran
Everyone always talks about the great food at DL and I agree (love me some pomme frits and fried chicken!) but what are some foods or places that you and your family will not eat at again? There's not a tonne for me and I know some will spark debate! Here's my list of what not to eat when the parks open!
1.) Monte Cristo Sandwich! Reading the boards I heard that everyone loved these and was soooooo excited to try it. It was bleh at the best and really bad for the majority. Now, I will say I am Canadian and this seems to be an American thing but yuck!
2.) Turkey leg - it is a large chunk of meat which is very appealing for us meat lovers but it tasted more like smoked ham then turkey. It wasn't terrible but when you have to force yourself to finish your meal you know its not very good.
So, how about you?

Agree with the turkey leg. I don't personally like the pizza place in Tomorrowland only because my mom ended up sick for two days of our vacation after eating there. But that was so long ago I keep thinking I should give it another try, I know that can happen anywhere.

love this thread, so much of what is raved about here on Dis I don't eat 8-)

Churros - ugh too...much...sugar
Turkey Legs - good gravy, walking around a theme park chomping on a greasy turkey leg, whats that all about
Popcorn - over priced
Candy apples - nope
Rice Crispie treats - nope
Any of the candy in Candy Palace - nope
Plaza Gardens - went with my friends in 2010 as that was their favorite place to eat lunch, haven't been back since
Corn dogs- never had one
Matterhorn Macaroon - ugh, too much coconut
Raspberry Rose Macroon - ugh no like
Candy from Pooh Corner - nope

Turkey Leg is about the only thing I can think of that I WON"T eat.

There are a lot of things I don't/haven't eaten because for the most part I don't eat a bunch of snacks while I am at the parks. Maybe one of the day on my next trip I will skip meals and try some of the snacks that everyone raves about.

love this thread, so much of what is raved about here on Dis I don't eat 8-)

Churros - ugh too...much...sugar
Turkey Legs - good gravy, walking around a theme park chomping on a greasy turkey leg, whats that all about
Popcorn - over priced
Candy apples - nope
Rice Crispie treats - nope
Any of the candy in Candy Palace - nope
Plaza Gardens - went with my friends in 2010 as that was their favorite place to eat lunch, haven't been back since
Corn dogs- never had one
Matterhorn Macaroon - ugh, too much coconut
Raspberry Rose Macroon - ugh no like
Candy from Pooh Corner - nope

Oh I forgot about the rice krispies. They are so much drier than homemade ones.

I will probably get flamed for this one but the grey stuff was so gross. Cookies and cream and raspberry just doesn't go together to me.

Well the colored milk in Galaxy's Edge - did not like blue or green. Last time I had a burger at Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland it was terrible (tasted like the whole thing had been weirdly steamed to a tepid temperature). Also watch out for the mixed salads at Plaza Inn; get the dressing on the side as they tend to over-dress.

Specialty churros: waaaaaay too sweet. During Pixar fest I remember there was a strawberry one. I literally could taste the artificial flavor on the churro. Refused to finish it 🤮 I prefer the regular churros

Sweets with excessive frosting, or colorful dye: again you can taste the artificial flavor on these AND I discovered that I must have an aversion to foods like this and get pretty sick after eating them. So from now on eat simple sweet stuff (cookies, plain churro, etc)

Turkey leg: too salty

Pizza planet pizza

Fruity popcorn in Galaxy’s Edge

Hot dogs. Just don't understand the appeal of something you can get literally anywhere else super easily. I think it's also the fact that they cost like $9.

Also, I know this will be heresy, but the hand scooped ice cream at Gibson Girl and Clarabellles. It's just Dreyers. It's literally nothing special. I only get ice cream sundaeas at Ghirardelli or the Cozy Cone/Adorable Snowman (if I want soft serve).

Also, I know this will be heresy, but the hand scooped ice cream at Gibson Girl and Clarabellles. It's just Dreyers. It's literally nothing special. I only get ice cream sundaeas at Ghirardelli or the Cozy Cone/Adorable Snowman (if I want soft serve).
Forgot all about the Icecream. Yeah I don’t eat that either lol

If you're an egg snob like me, don't eat the eggs at Flo's for breakfast. They are clearly powdered (came in unnatural "chunks" indicative of powdered eggs). On top of that my biscuit was so dry I choked on it, and my side of fruit was mostly unripe canteloupe. I know some folks love Flo's, but it was a bad enough experience for me that I won't eat there again for breakfast. I may give it a second chance for lunch or dinner if others in my party want to go.

Hamburgers in the parks.

A lot of the foods mentioned here are loved by many people, even if they aren’t the preference of the poster. But there’s rarely any love for the hamburgers. They are the most lackluster food item in the parks.

DL doesn’t necessarily need to have the best burger ever since you can get a good burger at a million places, but you’d expect them to at least be decent, so it’s surprising how mediocre they are.

If you're an egg snob like me, don't eat the eggs at Flo's for breakfast. They are clearly powdered (came in unnatural "chunks" indicative of powdered eggs). On top of that my biscuit was so dry I choked on it, and my side of fruit was mostly unripe canteloupe. I know some folks love Flo's, but it was a bad enough experience for me that I won't eat there again for breakfast. I may give it a second chance for lunch or dinner if others in my party want to go.

This is how you do breakfast at Flo's. This works only between 10 and 10:30a.:

Step 1: Get a double scoop of vanilla ice cream at Ghirardelli to go

Step 2: Order the brioche french toast with bananas foster caramel sauce

Step 3: Combine

I don't care for...

Churros

Pizza from the pizza place in Tomorrowland (although I've had a pasta dish there that is good with sun dried tomatoes)

Turkey leg

Galactic Grill can be okay but usually it is a pass.

OK, I'll chime in too!

Turkey Leg - too salty and a lot of work to get the meat...

Churro flavor assortment... Just like sticking to the original. It's a hit or miss... but never can complain about the original.

Corn dog... well for me it's similar to the monte Cristo.. the batter can be sometimes too much. First bite is great but after a few... for those that have a lite stomach.... can't handle it unless I'm sharing.

Desserts.. ice cream... it's Dreyer's ice cream as the base at Carnation cafe.... for the love of me I like it when I'm there.. but then again.. I can get it at my local grocery market the whole 1/2 gallon for the same price as the scoop at DL. Yet for some reason.... it just taste better because I'm there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter