FOP with FP before ROL with dining plan voucher

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
We will have a ROL dining package voucher when we visit Animal Kingdom on a supposedly lower crowd day in early February.
Rivers of Light is scheduled for 7:15
We have Fast passes for Flight of Passage from 6:15-7:15

Will we have time to ride Flight of Passage and make it to the 7:15 ROL show? We may need to child swap this ride if my son decides that he doesn't want to ride. If we have to child swap will we have time?
I know that FP lines are supposed to be much shorter but I know that when a ride has a long line even the FP+ line can be slow moving.
Our plan is to arrive at FOP by 6:10pm and as soon as we are finished riding to rush over to ROL.

We will have a ROL dining package voucher when we visit Animal Kingdom on a supposedly lower crowd day in early February.
Rivers of Light is scheduled for 7:15
We have Fast passes for Flight of Passage from 6:15-7:15

Will we have time to ride Flight of Passage and make it to the 7:15 ROL show? We may need to child swap this ride if my son decides that he doesn't want to ride. If we have to child swap will we have time?
I know that FP lines are supposed to be much shorter but I know that when a ride has a long line even the FP+ line can be slow moving.
Our plan is to arrive at FOP by 6:10pm and as soon as we are finished riding to rush over to ROL.

It is unusual for any normally-operating attraction to have a FP wait of more than 15-20 minutes, including FOP. Worst-case then, allowing time for preshow and the ride itself, figure about 35-40 minutes for the entire experience. Arrive 5 minutes before your window and don’t use child-swap, you should be fine. With child-swap, your chances get a little dodgy. Child-swap is not a guarantee anyway if the child is tall enough but does not want to ride.

I think you will really be pushing it. We rode it during with FP+ during a low crowd time in August and we encountered a delay in the first pre-show room. There was also a slight delay with the start of the ride. It takes a while to get through this que and get on the ride even with FP+. Once you get into the FP+ line, it's a bit of a walk and then you merge with the standby line and then you have to wait to get into the first pre-show (there are two pre-shows), then you get onto your seat and the CM has to make sure everyone is secure. Even the exit takes a while - going down stairs, exiting through the gift shop and then getting all the way to the other side of the park to get to ROL. I would expect possibly 45 minutes just for the ride and another 15 to hot-foot it to ROL. If you do child swap, I would think about doing the second ride after ROL. There is no way two people will be able to ride with child swap within an hour. I think you may have to decide which is more important - FoP or ROL. My vote would be FoP. Is there a second showing of ROL that night?

I would cancel the ROL dining package. You might just make it, but you might not, and then you've paid for something you cannot/don't use.

I think you would be fine. For our ROL package, we showed up later than expected (got caught up in Pandora) and still got seats. They weren't the best seats in the arena, but we could still see the show.

Is that your only AK day? If not, then you can always save the child swap voucher for a different day. I wouldn't try to do child swap that evening. You could even send some people on the ride while the remaining adult and child go and get seats for ROL (I wouldn't do this strategy if you will have lots of people coming later, but if you have one or two, it should work fine).

If you are only visiting AK once, what time does it close? You could split up again after ROL and send the last adult and anyone else riding again back to Pandora to get to Flight of Passage before park close.

I have 3 fast passes. One for me, one for dh and one for Ds but I’m just not sure if DS will want to ride. I was planning to bring him through the preshows and let him decide right before the actual ride if he actually wants to ride. If not I was hoping that my dh and I could take turns waiting with ds while the other rode the ride. Does that make sense?

I think you would be fine. For our ROL package, we showed up later than expected (got caught up in Pandora) and still got seats. They weren't the best seats in the arena, but we could still see the show.

Is that your only AK day? If not, then you can always save the child swap voucher for a different day. I wouldn't try to do child swap that evening. You could even send some people on the ride while the remaining adult and child go and get seats for ROL (I wouldn't do this strategy if you will have lots of people coming later, but if you have one or two, it should work fine).

If you are only visiting AK once, what time does it close? You could split up again after ROL and send the last adult and anyone else riding again back to Pandora to get to Flight of Passage before park close.

There’s only one show and we only have one AK day.
If ROL is at 7:15 and park closes at 8:00do you think one adult would have time to make it to FOP before closing?

I have 3 fast passes. One for me, one for dh and one for Ds but I’m just not sure if DS will want to ride. I was planning to bring him through the preshows and let him decide right before the actual ride if he actually wants to ride. If not I was hoping that my dh and I could take turns waiting with ds while the other rode the ride. Does that make sense?

That’s not how child swap works at Wdw. There’s generally no area for the non riders to stand and wait. You’ll have to talk with a CM to TRY to get the FP reinstated for the adult who will ride later, if DS bails on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter