"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

If hurricane Nate approaches some of the off shore rigs, a number of them may shut down for a while. And that means more price hikes. Stay tuned.

All the best! :thumbsup2

Cool! No getting to the airport two hours early; no TSA experience; no battling for the overhead bins; no waiting for your bags (and no lost luggage); no waiting for ground transportation; pack whatever you want in your vehicle; depart when you want to; stop when you want to; eat and drink during your journey; stretch your legs at a rest stop; use a highway rest room that's much bigger than a airplane's coffin-sized lav; blast your favorite tunes...and sing along; travel with who you want to sit next to; no turbulence; and no outrageous air fares! May we add: "Your flight has been delayed/cancelled!"
Of course, there are other reasons to drive instead of fly. But then again, that's why this site exists! :drive:

All the best! :thumbsup2[/QUOTE
All the reasons that we prefer driving!!

Hi! Can anyone give me some advice about the "inland" route - more specifically, the Charlotte area? I used 81-77-26-95 route last year and really liked it. But I traveled on weekend days last year so I wasn't too concerned about weekday traffic. This year, I'll be traveling thru Charlotte on a Thursday somewhere between 1pm and 2pm. I know enough to try to avoid any city around rush hour, but what can I expect in the Charlotte area around mid-afternoon? Any input from the experts on this thread would really be appreciated. I've learned so must from all of you...thanks!

Hi! Can anyone give me some advice about the "inland" route - more specifically, the Charlotte area? I used 81-77-26-95 route last year and really liked it. But I traveled on weekend days last year so I wasn't too concerned about weekday traffic. This year, I'll be traveling thru Charlotte on a Thursday somewhere between 1pm and 2pm. I know enough to try to avoid any city around rush hour, but what can I expect in the Charlotte area around mid-afternoon? Any input from the experts on this thread would really be appreciated. I've learned so must from all of you...thanks!
You should be fine with Charlotte. Hitting Charlotte at 2pm I wouldn't mess around too much, you have to get through Columbia SC. before rush hour starts.

You should be fine with Charlotte. Hitting Charlotte at 2pm I wouldn't mess around too much, you have to get through Columbia SC. before rush hour starts.

Hey there! Just recently found video from our stay at the CR back in 2010. Had you and Brianna waving over the balcony lol. Are you off Facebook ir are we too far on opposite sides of the fence that you unfriended me? Hope not.

Alas, if we followed our original plans we would have departed the Jersey Shore just before 2 a.m. this morning, and would have checked in to the Yulee, FL Holiday Inn by dusk. Tomorrow, of course, we would have a three-hour journey to WDW. However, that drive ain't a happenin' for a while. No sympathies, please. We had to change our plans.

We just drove thru Mississippi (not on our way to WDW) - most of the time gas was $2.10 - but on some more remote roads it was $2.6

In New Orleans gas is under $2.00.

Driving down in April! It will be our second road trip down but the first included a couple of stops - my brother’s house in AL then few days at the beach in Destin. Looking forward to going straight to FL this time. We’ll have our son with us this time to help with the driving which will be nice. Last trip the kids flew and we drove (husband can’t fly due to medical issues). Never been during a school vacation week, should be interesting.

Driving down in April! It will be our second road trip down but the first included a couple of stops - my brother’s house in AL then few days at the beach in Destin. Looking forward to going straight to FL this time. We’ll have our son with us this time to help with the driving which will be nice. Last trip the kids flew and we drove (husband can’t fly due to medical issues). Never been during a school vacation week, should be interesting.

April is one of the most popular (and populated!) months at WDW, and driving on certain days via major highways can be problematic. #1 goal: Avoid rush hour areas in and around metro areas.

We are normally in WDW at the BWI every October, but we had to change our plans. It appears as if we might be headin' south during the last week of November.

Regular gas up another 2-cents since yesterday, a pattern that's been going on for a little over a week. It's now up to $2.49 at our closest station; $2.39 at another.

After the hurricane/refinery effects were over, in my area we were paying $2.27 a gallon for gas. Then saw a 12 cent jump to 2.39 one weekend about two or three weeks ago, and now another 8 cent jump to 2.47 a few days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter