"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

BC1836

DIS Veteran
Make sure you do not have to stop for gas while driving on I-4. Too many construction/excit changes. Once you get off, you may have an extremely difficult time getting back on.

All the best! :thumbsup2

ddluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Make sure you do not have to stop for gas while driving on I-4. Too many construction/excit changes. Once you get off, you may have an extremely difficult time getting back on.

Yeah we’ve never had to stop on I-4

justreading

Mouseketeer

You taught me well. I always fill up before I-4 and I come in via Western Way. So worth a few tolls. Thank you!!!!!

• princessfionasmom

DIS Veteran

Thank you for the advice! I’ve driven down there a few times but never had to get gas that close and would be kicking myself if this happened to me. I didn’t even think about the construction and getting off for gas. :flower1:

princessfionasmom

DIS Veteran
    Heading out this morning, wish me luck! Not sure how far we’ll make it before we stop for the night. Just gonna wing it and see how it goes And also see if we can get a hotel, it is Valentine’s Day 😬

• ddluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
    So we are here!! We left Thursday night at 7:00. The only minor issue we had was construction on and before the GW Bridge. We were moving very slow for about a half hour. Upper deck of bridge had the construction. After that it was smooth sailing all the way in!! Just about exactly 20 hrs. Not our best time. My DS18 got really car sick so that set us back a little stopping a couple of times. Looking forward to Disney! Safe travels to whoever’s leaving soon.

nono

DIS Veteran
    We decided to change our trip up at the last minute.

We left Friday afternoon for KY, and are spending tonight in Atlanta, GA. Tomorrow is Daytona! We scored some primo tickets at work and decided to give it a shot. Monday is on to Poly.
    Can't do that if you were flying...Sounds fun!!

BC1836

DIS Veteran
    dvczerfs has just departed home for WDW. For newcomers to this site, check the all-time records on page 1 to see this marathon driver's "resume."

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.