For Buyers, do they have to sign the closing docs in the presence of Notary Public?

jekinisa

Earning My Ears
For Buyers, do they have to sign the closing docs in the presence of Notary Public?

Thanks in advance!

We recently closed on a direct contract and there was 1 form that needed to be sign in front of a notary. I dont remember the name of the form but it was clearly marked saying it needed to be sign in front of a notary.

We closed on a direct contract in January and only had to sign our forms and send them back. No notary required. I did read somewhere that notaries are needed if the contract is financed. I also think resale contracts need a notary.

I believe with resale if your are financing through Monrea you will have to get it notarized. At least we did.

No notary required for direct or resale when buying . Now on resale many agents have electronic online signing as well.
Only notarisation is required for the finance I think if you take that.

I thought non US residents had to get a notary if they were signing documents outside the US?

I thought non US residents had to get a notary if they were signing documents outside the US?
No. I am oversees and have 4 contracts- direct and resale and there is no need to notarise buying- just selling.

I’ve bought a few contracts and never needed a notary to buy a contract except for when we purchased a resale contract at Aulani. I’m not sure if the notary was needed because it’s filed in Hawaii or because the seller was international. I also remember having to file some extra tax forms because it was an international seller.

I’ve bought a few contracts and never needed a notary to buy a contract except for when we purchased a resale contract at Aulani. I’m not sure if the notary was needed because it’s filed in Hawaii or because the seller was international. I also remember having to file some extra tax forms because it was an international seller.
Must be Hawaii, we’ve purchased 3 resale contracts all for WDW resorts, one from an international seller, paid cash for all 3, and never had to notarize anything. The sellers had to have their docs notorized. I’ve read that when financing the loan companies need the mortgage documents to be notorized.

I recently bought VGC resale, cash. No notary. The sellers had to notarize the deed transfer document.

For my resales that I bought on cash (no financing), I did not have to have anything notarized. I did when I bought a contract direct that I got financing on. I think someone above is right that you need it for the financing but not the cash purchases.

The few Orange County deeds I peeked at were notarized, but only once--so I'm assuming the seller is the only one.

No, at least we didn’t. We bought resale through Fidelity and First American. Only the sellers had to get things notarized

We closed on a direct contract in January and only had to sign our forms and send them back. No notary required. I did read somewhere that notaries are needed if the contract is financed. I also think resale contracts need a notary.
I’m waiting to close on a resale and I was told the same thing by the broker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter