? for Puffy2.....re: PBH stay

Goofy'sFriend

"Gawrsh"
I remember reading that you were going to try PBH/club level. Did you just get back? If so, could you please tell me what you thought of the services......as well as the hotel? We have stayed at the HRH and LOVED it, but have been debating on a stay at the PBH this time.......and maybe club level. I would appreciate any of your opinions.......thanks!!

The Portofino was nice but I prefer the Hard Rock.

I didn't like the distance from the parks (the Hard Rock is a Much Better location).

Our room (a deluxe room on the club level) was very nice. Spacious, nice bathroom, comfortable beds etc...

The lounge was on another floor (you have to walk to the elevator, ride it down to the lobby floor, and walk somemore to the lounge which you access with your room key). The lounge itself was very nice - even has a pool table (they use the table for breakfast but then later in the day you can play pool). Internet access for free was nice. YOu can borrow books, movies (mostly the titles of Universal's stuff like Shrek, Terminator etc...)music CDs. The staff was very friendly to me (more so than any other resort I've stayed in including all DIsney properties - they were helpful and the service was very good.)

Food wasn't extensive. Breakfast was nice (the crossants were very soft - a favorite of mine, they also had bagels, cereals, milk (skim milk too), coffee, juice, bottled water (plastic bottles) , cokes and the like (in small glass bottles), assorted fruit, and some kind of parfet (sp?) with a granola topping.

At night they have beer and wine with coffee and other soft drinks a small fruit bowl (apples, stawberries and the like) and Italian offerings like asparagus, artichokes (sp?) , smoked meats (like appetiser meat not dinner meat), peppers, various cheeses and crackers. This was all on one tray (the cheese and crackers separate. It is not a lot and kids will hate it. But it is nice - tastefully done.

Late night has various cookies and regular beverages.

Menus of the hotel restaurants (including the other two hotels) are available if you ask.

Thanks for the detailed response, Puffy2. My only concern is that I'm traveling with husband and 3 sons.......the deluxe at the HRH has a pull-out sofa for 3rd son, whereas the PBH's deluxe does not and I would have to bring an air mattress or pay for the rollaway. I was wondering if most of the sq. footage at the PBH was in the bathroom. I'm thinking maybe the HRH deluxe is mostly living/sleeping room?

The food offerings sound about what I expected. I like the thought of being able to eat breakfast without having to go and search for something and wait in line, but it does sound like it was a hike down to the lounge.

How did you like the pool compared to the HRH's pool? As well as the pool snack/bar? Thanks again.......it's very helpful!

I never even saw the main pool with the slide - it is in a different section from where the club rooms are located. The club rooms are near the villa pool (?)... they had cabanas there and it is your basic no frill pool (with hot tub though)...in late Feb NO ONE was at the pool - it was rather cool during our stay. Based on the villa pool alone , I'd rather be at the Hard Rock Pool.

As far as space in the room - if you move the big chair and otomen (sp?) you could get an airmattress there... but I'm wondering where the chair would go...hum. Because there is also a table and chair in the other corner. The bathroom is spacious - very nice.

Beach pool with slide is great. 5yo dylan liked it more than hrh pool. lot less crowded too

We stayed at PBH last summer.... my kids 10 and 12 loved the pool.......we checked out HRH pool and it looked good...did not use it.... we are going back this summer my kids picked and they want to go back to PBH....they loved the restaurants too...amy

I really think we may try PBH this time. I don't mind that it is a little further from the parks, we'll be there a week and will enjoy some quiet time.

How does the slide compare to HRH's slide, if anyone has been on both? My kids are ages 7...and 2 teenagers.

That's great, thanks dylansdad........I don't know why, but I was thinking it would be smaller. We loved the poolside bar where you could also get snacks or even small meals at the HRH. Does PBH's beach pool have this service also?

There is a pool bar right by the pool for drinks... and there is a pizza place right there also that had pizza and sanwhiches... i think the pizza shop was only open until 5 but i am not sure... maybe someone else could help answer this...:wave: amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter