For those buying WATER packages...

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
For those buying the water packages, be totally aware that they are 1 Liter bottles.

When I was buying it, it did NOT say this. I am 99.99% sure that it showed 500 mL bottles. So when I bought the big package *for my son* (as I was buying Replenish for me and DH) I thought he would actually be able to drink it.

We had SO much water. Because of the 24 1L bottles of water, we weren't able to physically drink enough water from the Replenish packages to help make them an actual value for us.

Just be aware that the water packages consist of 1L bottles! Now, it's Evian, so compared to the cost of those bottles in the Orlando convenience stores (I didn't price them at Publix though), it's actually a decent value. Better value than when I thought it was half the size! :)

I ordered 24 bottles for a back to back cruise on freedom last sept....wasnt I shocked when I saw they were the large bottles :rotfl:

we had to give a few away at the end of the 14 days....

oh well, live and learn.

Thanks for reading and replying. :)

Since I posted I found that I had replied to a post on cruise critic that shows I was aware of the size not long before the cruise. Whoops!

But I guess we can't remember everything we learn while planning. And hey, we were well hydrated!

Are there refrigerators in the rooms to put the water? Are you allowed to bring water on? I am trying to figure out the drink packages. Unfortunately or fortunately my children do not drink soda.

There are fridges in the rooms. (wait, that might depend on the class of ship. on Freedom there was a fridge)

What do the kids drink? My guy drinks water and the occasional real juice. I'll confess here...my husband often ordered a morning-time fresh squeezed OJ from DH's Replenish package and let DS drink it. OK I'm confession for my husband, not for me, LOL. Either way, naughty.

We got Replenish for me and DH (each) for the lattes (from Latte-tudes, or whatever it's called on your individual ship, generally near/part of Cafe Promenade if there's one of those) and the bottled waters. DH liked the OJ; I don't choose to drink my fruit most of the time so that wasn't a draw for me.

But it turned out just getting a water package and paying OOP for coffees would have been more of a bargain for us. And it would have been just the Evian (the taste of which I love) instead of Crystal Geyser (good, and still proper spring water, but not quite as good to my palate as Evian) like we were given with Replenish.

I drink so little that I just paid OOP for the booze and that worked perfectly.

Oh the one thing that Replenish gives is the virgin frozen drinks. So a virgin pina colada, etc. RCCL seems to use Island Oasis products for their frozen drinks, and when I checked ingredients I was shocked to find that DS could have had most of the mixes (he has sensitivities). Of course, if DS starts drinking those things, we'll get Replenish for him, LOL.

Sorry for highjacking the thread. Last time I cruised everything but alcohol was included. Until I saw this post, I had no idea that that had changed. Still have no idea what to do. Our room has a fridge.

breakfast: oj or apple juice for breakfast. Dh may have a coffee

Lunch is sweet tea for me and dh, juice box for dd, powerade/bottle water for ds

drink in the afternoon and dinner would be the same.

Can you just purchase a bottle of water? These pkgs seem like a waste to me.

If you don't get a pkg, what do they serve you at meals? nothing?

So confused:confused3

Sorry again for highjacking.

Sorry for highjacking the thread. Last time I cruised everything but alcohol was included. Until I saw this post, I had no idea that that had changed. Still have no idea what to do. Our room has a fridge.

breakfast: oj or apple juice for breakfast. Dh may have a coffee

Lunch is sweet tea for me and dh, juice box for dd, powerade/bottle water for ds

drink in the afternoon and dinner would be the same.

Can you just purchase a bottle of water? These pkgs seem like a waste to me.

If you don't get a pkg, what do they serve you at meals? nothing?

So confused:confused3

Sorry again for highjacking.

From a container, not-fresh-squeezed, OJ is available. Apple juice is available. Normal drip coffee is available. There were some flavored waters people gushed over.

Powerade and bottled water would never have been included; those would have had charges. And you can still buy those.

We just drank water at meals...our tablemates got sodas and such, and were never presented a bill, so I think those things are included if you're in the MDR.

We wanted bottled water and lattes and DH wanted the fresh-squeezed (as in it takes 10 minutes to get your juice because they are running the machine to squeeze the oranges for you) OJ. We thought we could drink $20/day/person so we bought the Replenish package for each adult. We did not make $20/day/person each day.

Do remember, though, that 15% (I think) of the package costs (and this includes the water packages) is a tip for whatever you get, and that has a value.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I thought you had to get the packages. And I was having a hard time justifying the cost for my family. Thanks again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter