For those who Rope Dropped Millenium Falcon

AAAG

Mouseketeer
for those who did RD for MFSR, can you let me know approximately what time you actually exited off the ride?
I'm trying to figure out if we will have time to do it given that HS opens at 8 am and we have Oga's reservations at 8:40 am.
If it's going to be too tight, we may try a less popular ride at RD.
Thanks!

We rope dropped and it probably took about 45 minutes from getting in line to getting off the ride. It'll certainly be close.

When I rope dropped back on the 6th, it was a 7 a.m. opening. I was fairly close to the rope though still maybe well over 100 or so people if not more in front. But as I was on my own, I was also able to weave around people in the crowd. I was off the ride at 7:30 a.m. So probably was on and then off within 30 minutes.

Last edited:

I did it last week. I think a lot of ti depends on where you are in line and that varies based on how early you are willing to get to HS. The day I went, the park opened at 7. I arrive at HS at 6:25, walked up as far as I could. Thousands of people ahead of me. Line started moving right at 7. Line moved continuously (snaking through SWGE up to the entrance to Toy story land) for half an hour. Then it slowed down to a typical start and stop line just outside the attraction. From that point, stood in line another 15 minutes. Then I did the ride and was back outside a few minutes before 8. So almost an hour in total.

It depends on how close to the front of the crowd you are, but assuming opening time doesn't get moved up to 7:00, I think 8:40 is probably cutting it a bit close regardless. On my first try I was nearish the front at 7:00 opening (not front of the pack but in eyeshot of Star Tours) and didn't stop walking all the way to the front of the extended MFSR queue, but my first photo after the ride is timestamped 7:54--I'm not sure exactly when I actually finished, but it seems like it'd be a bit close if I'd had anything scheduled for 40 minutes after opening.

Second time I ropedropped for a BG, I followed the exact same strategy and timeline as before and ended up way further back in the crowd, near the entrance for the Frozen singalong. The line was already doing stops and starts by the time we reached Droid Depot at 7:10-7:15, and I cut my losses and skipped Smuggler's that morning.

Unless you're willing to take a Lyft and get there very early, I think it'd be too tight. I arrived by 6:15 both times (having been at the AoA bus stop at 5:45) and it was really variable. Even on the morning it went well I think I would have been stressed about making it to the reservation. I'd suggest keeping an eye on park hours--if they bump opening back to 7:00 you can ride Smuggler's and make it to an 8:40 reservation no problem, but otherwise I'd suggest either hitting a different ride at rope drop or using that time to browse the shops in Galaxy's Edge. On the morning I abandoned the line for Smuggler's I actually had a really nice time poking around the market and so forth without having to fight the crowds. And if you're planning to build a droid, rope drop would be a good time to do that--even with a reservation it was really crowded at 10:00 AM when I built mine, but when I was browsing Droid Depot at 7:15 there was hardly anyone in there.

I would like to wait less than an hour. We are not runners. When should we arrive at the gate to spend less than an hour on MFSR?

For reference, when we rope drop MK, we do Space Mountain first. We are early enough to be at the rope to tomorrowland. Enough people run past, or walk faster than us, that it takes 15 minutes or so to board a rocket.

How far into the park are you allowed before it actually opens? Will be there next week, but only spending 1 day at HS so I need to have all my eggs in 1 basket. Hoping to get a good BG and heading straight to MFSR at rope drop.

How far into the park are you allowed before it actually opens? Will be there next week, but only spending 1 day at HS so I need to have all my eggs in 1 basket. Hoping to get a good BG and heading straight to MFSR at rope drop.
If you're rope dropping MFSR you will be held on Grand Avenue

for those who did RD for MFSR, can you let me know approximately what time you actually exited off the ride?
I'm trying to figure out if we will have time to do it given that HS opens at 8 am and we have Oga's reservations at 8:40 am.
If it's going to be too tight, we may try a less popular ride at RD.
Thanks!
We RD MFSR last Sunday. Level of 10 Crowds. We were to the park at 6:10am and were off MFSR around 8:25am. We are fast walkers and I was with my teenage sons. I specifically told them to be polite and no running though. We had an 8:55am ADR at Ogas.

Also, we noticed our RoTR BG had been called after MFSR. We decided to give up our early ADR at Ogas and do Rise while it was running. After scanning into Rise, it went down and we were given return FP for later in the day. We still made it to Ogas by 8:57 (2 min late). Ogas let us in anyway. Good luck!

Yesterday, Level 10 crowd, approximately 9:00 am, the line had a 170 minute wait. Hopefully the Rope Droppers were at the front of that insanity! I've NEVER seen the parks this crowded in February. Must be the $49 Florida Resident promotion. Will be doing MFSR with a FP this morning. Since it is the first day of FP it will be interesting to see how that works out for us.

Last edited:
Yesterday, Level 10 crowd, approximately 9:00 am, the line had a 170 minute wait. Hopefully the Rope Droppers were at the front of that insanity! I've NEVER seen the parks this crowded in February. Must be the $49 Florida Resident promotion. Will be doing MFSR with a FP this morning. Since it is the first day of FP it will be interesting to see how that works out for us.
Please let us know. I am really interested to see how Fp effects the ride.

Please let us know. I am really interested to see how Fp effects the ride.
Awesome! Absolutely amazing. Flawless for the first day. Very impressed. We had a 10:00 FP, didn't miss a thing going thru the queue, basically walked right in and onto the ride. Really pleased to see the FP system worked so well for this ride.

Awesome! Absolutely amazing. Flawless for the first day. Very impressed. We had a 10:00 FP, didn't miss a thing going thru the queue, basically walked right in and onto the ride. Really pleased to see the FP system worked so well for this ride.
what did standby look like?

what did standby look like?
At 10:00 am the crowd was less than yesterday and standby was not at the 170 minute wait mark. It was still wrapped outside the building but I didn’t take note of the wait time. This was an unusual crowd week. It was Presidents Week, promotion $49 day tickets for Florida residents and Disney Princess Half Marathon activities starting on Thursday-plus cruise ship people! Monday and Tuesday the parks were filled with locals, Wednesday the crowds were a little bit lighter. It was the perfect storm and hopefully when you visit it won’t be as crowded. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter