For those who stalk, as opposed to, or in addition to, waitlisting

If it is a “hard to get” room, then they go quickly. You’ll need to book pretty soon after the text, usually within 10 minutes. If it’s a regular room you’ve been watching, you usually have more time. I’ve booked MANY rooms because of those texts. I don’t know that I ever “missed a room” I was watching like a hawk. I’ve seen some go before I actually logged in to check on them, but they ended up not being rooms I wanted which explains the lag in checking. I almost always have my phone on me (not a good thing), so I can usually book quickly. The only time I cannot is when the text comes in the middle of the night. My phone is silenced when I sleep.
Thanks!

Curious...from the time you get the text, until you go in and book, have you ever had the room not still be there?

Have you been successful if you couldn’t book quickly after the text?
Yes and yes...it really just depends on if other people are looking for the same thing as you...which is why I was hoping not many people knew about this marvelous invention. :-)

I use a service that watches for the dates/unit I want and texts me when it's available, as well as the waitlist.
I use it too. It isn’t an approved DIS business, so we can’t post the name of it nor the web address. If you do a google search, I’m sure you can find it. You have to pay to get text alerts. It’s well worth it IMO since we can only have 2 WLs going at a time and usually want to check multiple options.
Thank you all--found said site and joined. :)
This is intriguing, I use these for ADRs but had no idea they existed for something like this. Can you tell me what exactly you search to find the site? I did a yahoo search and the only thing I found seemed like a sketchy site, with very little on the site and no option that I saw to pay or have them text, just a way to search, so I can't imagine it's the right one. If I knew what you searched and what search engine maybe I'll be able to find it? Thanks!!

This is intriguing, I use these for ADRs but had no idea they existed for something like this. Can you tell me what exactly you search to find the site? I did a yahoo search and the only thing I found seemed like a sketchy site, with very little on the site and no option that I saw to pay or have them text, just a way to search, so I can't imagine it's the right one. If I knew what you searched and what search engine maybe I'll be able to find it? Thanks!!

Unfortunately, any attempt to be more detailed about a search that involves a business in our boards filter could be a violation of the rules,

That is the reason the person did not post the website.

Unfortunately, any attempt to be more detailed about a search that involves a business in our boards filter could be a violation of the rules,

That is the reason the person did not post the website.
I understand that, but it's like everyone knows on the resorts board how to find a specific travel agent by being told what to google. Surely giving google search words is not the same as posting the website - at least it never has been/was before. For example, search for DVC reservation texts, or search for DVC texts alerts, or something is not giving out any websites. It's just frustrating to see others using and liking something, but not being able to find it myself. I'll try some more random searching myself.

I understand that, but it's like everyone knows on the resorts board how to find a specific travel agent by being told what to google. Surely giving google search words is not the same as posting the website - at least it never has been/was before. For example, search for DVC reservation texts, or search for DVC texts alerts, or something is not giving out any websites. It's just frustrating to see others using and liking something, but not being able to find it myself. I'll try some more random searching myself.

I certainly understand. I just wanted you to be aware of why you may not get more specifics as it could create a problem for that poster.

But, yes, we have had people post how to google search in such a way to bypass the filter.

I certainly understand. I just wanted you to be aware of why you may not get more specifics as it could create a problem for that poster.

But, yes, we have had people post how to google search in such a way to bypass the filter.
Well, without any clues I have to give up. Hopefully I won't need it in the future, we just jointed so I haven't tried to make a reservation yet. The site I did find required me to enter my DVC member credentials, and I'm not comfortable doing that without some first hand recommendations that the site is legit, and I didn't dig any further at this point.

Well, without any clues I have to give up. Hopefully I won't need it in the future, we just jointed so I haven't tried to make a reservation yet. The site I did find required me to enter my DVC member credentials, and I'm not comfortable doing that without some first hand recommendations that the site is legit, and I didn't dig any further at this point.
That is the correct site. I believe there is a workaround if you don't want to enter your DVC login credential.

That is the correct site. I believe there is a workaround if you don't want to enter your DVC login credential.
Thank you so much for replying, I appreciate it!! I still haven’t joined the site, but at least knowing that others have used a site that required member credentials makes me feel better. I didn’t explore, but it looked like the work around required me to pay, and since I’m not actually looking into anything right now I didn’t look into that option yet. I shouldn’t have said the site looked “sketchy”, it just isn’t slick with lots of photos and such, it’s mostly text and boxes to click or enter info.

yes, I found it too, but not comfortable with that info too.

Have you had any issues with it? The work around is expensive lol. I don't want to enter my stuff if anyone has had issues lol

Have you had any issues with it? The work around is expensive lol. I don't want to enter my stuff if anyone has had issues lol
Unless you are currently trying to get a specific room, there is no reason to even sign up. If you ARE trying to get a specific room, the only way you will get "live" alerts is by paying. The free version alerts you on a delay, by which time, the room will likely be gone. It sounds to me like @Jperiod is the best source of info, as they have used it for some time. I would defer to them.

you have to enter info if you want it for free -- pay fee otherwise. I pay the fee.

Last edited:
Unless you are currently trying to get a specific room, there is no reason to even sign up. If you ARE trying to get a specific room, the only way you will get "live" alerts is by paying. The free version alerts you on a delay, by which time, the room will likely be gone. It sounds to me like @Jperiod is the best source of info, as they have used it for some time. I would defer to them.

the one I use seems to search several times an hour. As long as my phone is on me, I have been successful in getting the room...this includes getting BWV standard studios for the first week of December. Could have grabbed an AKV club level a couple days ago for a stay in June...but I already have other plans.

the one I use seems to search several times an hour. As long as my phone is on me, I have been successful in getting the room...this includes getting BWV standard studios for the first week of December. Could have grabbed an AKV club level a couple days ago for a stay in June...but I already have other plans.
This is the one that is !6.99 per 3 months, yes?

I’m in the stalking phase again. Need one night, may 9th. Either add on Bwv standard studio (to my existing reservation) or Hilton head studio to drive home on that night. I have HH for Sunday May 10th and holding OKW for May 9. I know, sounds strange.

waitlist won again. I checked this morning for my one night and an hour later I checked and my waitlist was filled for my 1 night HH For May 9th.

Thank you so much for replying, I appreciate it!! I still haven’t joined the site, but at least knowing that others have used a site that required member credentials makes me feel better. I didn’t explore, but it looked like the work around required me to pay, and since I’m not actually looking into anything right now I didn’t look into that option yet. I shouldn’t have said the site looked “sketchy”, it just isn’t slick with lots of photos and such, it’s mostly text and boxes to click or enter info.
I just signed up for that one.

I paid 15 bucks for 3 months (the immediately turned off auto renew - which was easy enough)

You only have to enter your info if you want it for free. I paid. I have gotten 2 texts today so it seems good

ETA: being a developer I can say, some do not really care a whole lot about how their UI looks, as long as it works, and its frankly a very different skill set.

Unfortch, the waitlist I'm waiting on is VGC for 6/21...on the one hand, it's still several months out (and I put in the waitlist at 6 months out) AND it's only one night. On the other hand, it's Father's Day, and it's VGC.....so I'm trying to cover all possible bases! We've got a backup rezzie off property, but I'd really prefer (both financially and convenience-wise) to be at VGC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter