For those who stayed at the pop Marathon weekend 2018

jockey

Runs for Wine!
Guys I am thinking of booking with Acclaim .... we plan on staying at the pop..they have said the room rate is discounted its approx $150..can I ask what everyone paid this year please

I booked my room through Disney when they had the winter sale. I only stayed Wed and Thur nights ( moved over to AK). I paid $133/nt + tax for a standard room. Total with tax for 2 nights was $316. Originally, I had booked six nights (Wed-Tues) The non-sale rate was $156/nt for Wed-Sat, $122 for Sun, and $112 for Mon. Add tax to these rates.

Thats great Thanks! Think I will hang on and register myself and book my own hotel etc!

I initially had a reservation for 5 nights, from Wed to Mon, which had a total of $804.39 from another TA - basically one that would get same discounts as Acclaim....so this equates to about $160/night (total including taxes).

It sounds like the TA rate is the same...or maybe lower than your $150 if you are not including taxes in that.

Keep in mind booking through a TA - like Acclaim- allows you to back out/get a refund if something happens between now and then. Up to a certain date.
Not an option available otherwise.
That is why I book through a TA for a big $$$ race.

Keep in mind booking through a TA - like Acclaim- allows you to back out/get a refund if something happens between now and then. Up to a certain date.
Not an option available otherwise.
That is why I book through a TA for a big $$$ race.

Yeah its good to have that option!

I initially had a reservation for 5 nights, from Wed to Mon, which had a total of $804.39 from another TA - basically one that would get same discounts as Acclaim....so this equates to about $160/night (total including taxes).

It sounds like the TA rate is the same...or maybe lower than your $150 if you are not including taxes in that.

Thanks the rate acclaim are quoting includes tax ..tho they say Approx

i find that the money you save on your own is tiny compared to the benefitof a TA. this was especially true when bibs would sell out in minutes and people would be all stressed trying to register....i got to sit back and do nothing because i was guaranteed entry. I've done TAs for 5 race weekends although one i did my own registration, and it was always stress free and i doubt i could have saved much money doing it all on my own.

i find that the money you save on your own is tiny compared to the benefitof a TA. this was especially true when bibs would sell out in minutes and people would be all stressed trying to register....i got to sit back and do nothing because i was guaranteed entry. I've done TAs for 5 race weekends although one i did my own registration, and it was always stress free and i doubt i could have saved much money doing it all on my own.

Thanks! My concerns ..what if the TA messes up and doesn't book my bib and it sells out..probably silly..but I know they dont send Active links until after registration

Thanks! My concerns ..what if the TA messes up and doesn't book my bib and it sells out..probably silly..but I know they dont send Active links until after registration
I had that worry before...specifically last year when the TAs didn't get their allotment on time - so luckily I registered during normal registration and still hotels with the TA. Now that registrations are not selling out so quickly I think you can still wait on regular registration and then fall back to TA if you don't register in time - before it was definitely less stressful going through a TA. good luck whatever you go with.

I had that worry before...specifically last year when the TAs didn't get their allotment on time - so luckily I registered during normal registration and still hotels with the TA. Now that registrations are not selling out so quickly I think you can still wait on regular registration and then fall back to TA if you don't register in time - before it was definitely less stressful going through a TA. good luck whatever you go with.
Thats great thx! I think I may upgrade my UK ticket to an AP.at least that way I get to register early too

I stayed at Pop and booked through Wish Upon A Star With Us - Jennifer Hill. First time ever going through a TA. But wanted to make sure the bibs were secure. She took care of everything, really on top of her game. Contacted her early, she always kept us update, fantastic job. I don't remember the pricing of the room, but Disney discounts are so hard to come by now. Even when offered seems like no rooms available. By booking a RunDisney package on a standard room, we got a huge discount. I don't remember exact details, but the room was nowhere near 150 a night. Figuring it up, the package was like 22% off of rack rates / tickets. Trust, I had to do the math several times cause I couldn't believe it.

I did a split stay this year for Marathon weekend.

I bought my bib with runDisney through the Walt Disney Travel Company and had to book two nights to fulfill my bib requirement. They were cheaper than the other runDisney TAs and I got extra perks like free rounds of mini golf. I stayed at POP and it was about 125/ night. Plus if other promotions came available they could rebook me at the lower rate.

My last 3 nights I stayed at CR and I used a TA that was not runDisney affiliated but they do room blocks for all the races. They were cheaper (by far) than Disney or any official runDisney TA. They sent me their rates for 2019 and for POP they are well under 150 including tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!