Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

Sounds like a fun relaxed lunch!

The house of blues at downtown Disney was actually demolished to make room for Splitsville! There is a new HOB about a block away at the Gardenwalk; it’s an easy walk (I went to a concert there one evening after a day at Disneyland)! I don’t know if their menu is the same.

Your ceremony was soooo beautiful! Please, post all the pics all the time! Love them! Yes, you had Michele and Steven who were vendors and aren’t anymore? Well, they do beautiful pics and were a great choice!

The food looks really good and it seems like a nice relaxed lunch. Did you do a cake? Is that at the dessert party?

Looks like you all had a great lunch. Love the intimate atmosphere and thrilled to hear the food was a hit!!!! Any wedding was tater tots is a success in my book.

Hope you have a great time this weekend. And kudos for wearing the dress again. Its so sad when they only get worn once

At some point I decided that it was silly to worry about decor... though I did give serious thought to using this as an excuse to buy more Jim Shore Disney figurines.

:laughing:

For the time being, I will tell you that he started off saying he wasn't going to use all of the cheesy phrases like finding your princess/prince charming, happily every after, etc... and then he finished off with all of those :rotfl:

Aww! This sounds so cute!!

We had a nice, leisurely lunch with everyone.

The food looked great! HOB seems like it would be a really great place to have a reception or private event like this.

My grandpa talked Zack's dad's ear off and kept telling me how cool everything had been so far :)

:rotfl: cute!!

After much debate, I decided screw it, I'm going to wear my dress. How often do you get to wear it again...?

Absolutely! Good call!!

I know this will come as a complete surprise, but after the ceremony... we took more pictures :scared1: You're all probably thinking, we're tired of seeing a zillion pictures of all these people we don't know! I don't have a whole lot for this post, and I tried to just pull out a few favorites here

I am definitely NOT tired of seeing any photos. And I feel like I do know you and Zack a little bit because you are such a good storyteller! You too are just so cute in your photos. Your love for each other just shines through! :love:

1.) Nope. Loving all the photo spam!
2.) you do realize we're all internet weirdo strangers who have come together over our shared love of Disney, right? :rotfl: I love looking at all of the wedding and vacation photos of dozens of Disers... errrr... people I don't really know!!! :flower3:

Love it! I expect him to be "Vanna" in future reports. :D
I have to totally agree with pepperandchips! We are all connected by our love of Disney! I am just so happy that I found the DIS years ago because once I did, I knew I had found a bunch of friends who just totally understands my love for Disney and how I really enjoy reading other people's trip reports. The DIS is my go to when life gets a bit hectic and I just need to relax. And I know you all understand that! :disrocks:

Small Life Update

We're off to my hometown for the weekend because Al and Aly are hosting a party for us so we can share photos and video with the rest of my friends and family. Hope to get a few updates in next week, and maybe a few pictures from the party. After much debate, I decided screw it, I'm going to wear my dress. How often do you get to wear it again...? And hopefully people will enjoy/appreciate getting to see it, since they were not able to attend.

:bride: I am glad you plan to wear your dress again for your family. Don't forget to take your flowers! I think your family and friends will appreciate seeing you in your dress in person. Have fun and post those photos when you return. :surfweb:

And I want to make sure you do another trip report on your next trip to Disney - so that I can follow along. Now that I know you and Zack, I want to see you again when you are at Disneyland and also your cruise! :boat:

So I was planning to get an update in before we left this weekend... but obviously that didn't happen.

But...

Elsa-and-Anna-image-elsa-and-anna-36263695-245-140.gif

I'm going to be using social media DURING our trip!

At least that's the plan. I'm kind of out of the habit now. Mostly instagram (maybe I'll actually use that story thing), but also some Facebook thrown in. @abeik1013 if you're interested !

So I was planning to get an update in before we left this weekend... but obviously that didn't happen.

But...

At least that's the plan. I'm kind of out of the habit now. Mostly instagram (maybe I'll actually use that story thing), but also some Facebook thrown in. @abeik1013 if you're interested !

Yay! I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts!

But...

I just got so excited about this that I tried to friend you on fb again :oops: needless to say I hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip!!!

omg. I'm all caught up and I just love EVERY THING!! EVERY SINGLE THING!! You look stunning and your pictures are just so beautiful!! Reading about your ceremony really made me tear up!

Just an absolutely beautiful wedding and trip and I can't wait to hear more about it!

Hi everyone! Before we get started, here's a quick recap of what we've been up to this month:

We had our home reception hosted by my cousin - I need to get the photos from this, but here is a picture of the giant cookie we had
er5bcMil.jpg

It was an Eileen's cookie - that's a Nebraska original :) She had them do the design based off this sign they made us as a wedding gift:

yD7M2Rql.jpg

The reception went really great, and everyone was really glad I wore my dress again :) We had cake, giant cookie, nachos, a photo slideshow, and then we played our video for everyone.

Then we drove home, and then Zack had to go out of town for work.

Then he came back, and we went to Long Beach!

C9it0jyl.jpg

qcZty5gl.jpg

We explored the Queen Mary, ate way too much, and went on a whale watching cruise!

Then I came back, and Zack stayed a few days for work. He lost his seat at the dinner table.

4mHkMK2l.jpg

His work trip was a bust, and he ended up buying a one-day ticket to Disneyland and finding all of the single rider lines. He brought me home a bag of Mickey rice krispies :laughing:

Then last weekend, we went back to NE for my cousin's wedding - again! A different cousin this time. We had lunch with Al and Aly before the ceremoney at a local winery/brewery.

I give you - The Drunken Nachos

wPiBWnkl.jpg

Al somehow talked Zack into trying one of the beers from his flight - Zack is not a beer drinker.

8xH4Eiml.jpg

I had a wine flight - the two to the left are Wine-a-rita, and Strawberry Wine-a-rita :drinking1

EifJjWVl.jpg

I bought bottles for three of the five... I mean, I enjoyed all five but restrained myself since we're overflowing with wine at home. Plus we'll always be back here!

Now we have Easter, and 6 days until we leave for BILs wedding and Disneyland! :scared1:

This month has flown by.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled TR-ing!

Last edited:
This looks amazing! Actually all of the food looked great.
Thanks! The tots were so good. I'd go back just for those even, but everything else was also delicious!

I've been reading your TR and just have to say you had a beautiful wedding! Love all the pics!

About the HOB, it's no longer in DtD at Disneyland. They moved it to the Gardenwalk across the street. You can still walk to it, but they ended up putting a Splitsville in DtD where it used to be.
Thank you! and Aha! I haven't kept up the best with the DtD changes.

Sounds like a fun relaxed lunch!

The house of blues at downtown Disney was actually demolished to make room for Splitsville! There is a new HOB about a block away at the Gardenwalk; it’s an easy walk (I went to a concert there one evening after a day at Disneyland)! I don’t know if their menu is the same.
No tots there :sad1: We thought about RB's Jazz Kitchen, Zack ate there on his work trip... otherwise nothing looks like enough to pull us out of the parks. Also I'm PMing you today!

Your ceremony was soooo beautiful! Please, post all the pics all the time! Love them! Yes, you had Michele and Steven who were vendors and aren’t anymore? Well, they do beautiful pics and were a great choice!

The food looks really good and it seems like a nice relaxed lunch. Did you do a cake? Is that at the dessert party?
Yes, Michelle and Steve were great! I'm not sure what all happened with them leaving as vendors, etc, I didn't pry. But I would not hesitate to recommend them at all!

We debated a cake, but didn't end up doing one. I didn't want to stress over the logistics of getting our own to HOB, and didn't want to overfeed people between lunch and the dessert party because of Food and Wine, so we ended up skipping it. My only regret is not using my cake topper :)

Looks like you all had a great lunch. Love the intimate atmosphere and thrilled to hear the food was a hit!!!! Any wedding was tater tots is a success in my book.

Hope you have a great time this weekend. And kudos for wearing the dress again. Its so sad when they only get worn once
Thanks! My cousin's wedding had BBQ - I was like, hand pulled meat and mac and cheese? :thumbsup2

At our reception, I sat down on the floor with a cousin and her kids in my dress - she was like, What are you doing?? I told her it had already made it through the important part and this was all just bonus :)

Aww! This sounds so cute!!
It was really sweet. I'll probably try and put the video up at some point.

The food looked great! HOB seems like it would be a really great place to have a reception or private event like this.
They were so nice and easy to work with! And they have a few different rooms to choose from, and lots of menu options.

I am definitely NOT tired of seeing any photos. And I feel like I do know you and Zack a little bit because you are such a good storyteller! You too are just so cute in your photos. Your love for each other just shines through! :love:
Aw thank you! I don't usually feel like a good storyteller so I'm glad it's working :)

I have to totally agree with pepperandchips! We are all connected by our love of Disney! I am just so happy that I found the DIS years ago because once I did, I knew I had found a bunch of friends who just totally understands my love for Disney and how I really enjoy reading other people's trip reports. The DIS is my go to when life gets a bit hectic and I just need to relax. And I know you all understand that! :disrocks:
I love the Dis! I'm so glad I found these boards - the people are awesome and you always have people to turn to to talk about Disney with - even the people I know in real life who have been aren't on the same level as us. Like yes, the rides are fun. But there's so much more to it!
And I want to make sure you do another trip report on your next trip to Disney - so that I can follow along. Now that I know you and Zack, I want to see you again when you are at Disneyland and also your cruise! :boat:
Definitely! I've thought of doing a mini one to share the other three trips we took with our APs... and I want to do one for our trip coming up. I've got one going for our last Disneyland trip too right now, the How many ways can I explain this? one. Things are finally settling down which should help with TR writing :)

omg. I'm all caught up and I just love EVERY THING!! EVERY SINGLE THING!! You look stunning and your pictures are just so beautiful!! Reading about your ceremony really made me tear up!

Just an absolutely beautiful wedding and trip and I can't wait to hear more about it!
Aw thank you!

And partially paid for in points :thumbsup2
:rotfl:

Just wait til we get to Tony's and you can say, I told you so :sad2:

House of Blues
Part One

Another photo dump mostly here. While we were saying goodbye for now to everyone, Michelle and Steve took our rings, my flowers, and my shoes for some photos.

sDqfD5Sl.jpg

8WcVkoJl.jpg

Here you can see my something borrowed: the white flower earring I tied to the bouquet handle belongs to Zack's grandma. Really I wired all of the stuff on the handle because I was worried about losing them!

These next photos show off the wood grain pattern in Zack's ring.

reSp3yYl.jpg

lNHgwxSl.jpg

I don't think I officially laid this out, so:
Something Old: My grandma's ring
Something New: Everything! But really... dress, jewelry, bouquet, shoes, etc
Something Borrowed: Zack's grandma's earring
Something Blue: Flowers, Shoes, Other things ;)

After everyone had gone, we took some photos on the porch of HOB. I think at this point it might have been just barely sprinkling still. These are some (more) of my favorites :)

VO7zLO0l.jpg

jzZWBmxl.jpg

QaNSx6ul.jpg

LG1of25l.jpg

jAQbWsWl.jpg

f38Jh6Ll.jpg

So then we added in the balloons... but the problem was, if you set them on the ground, they were too low! So Aly, being the trooper that she was, crawled behind us and hid behind my dress holding the balloons at just the right height.

i8C5f57l.jpg

tjE54QAl.jpg

pML7s40l.jpg

9Rxscrol.jpg

jofHGwJl.jpg

aeutiEZl.jpg

She sat on that little bit of ledge you can see. And the crazy thing is, you can't see her in a single photo!

They took a couple close ups of Zack, but they're pretty similar so I'll just share one.

lXnMc0cl.jpg

And now for your enjoyment, here are some photos of me standing awkwardly against the wall. Apparently I'm not good at what they were going for :laughing:

BxSHLVml.jpg

FKXflNWl.jpg

KVAJV8Zl.jpg

3Sf35iAl.jpg

5MAkGRDl.jpg

As a sidenote, I promise the photos aren't grainy in real life - it's either this or enormous, and since these aren't being printed out and put on anyone's wall (I hope... that might be weird!) this is what you get!

Eileen's Cookies are awesome. (I live in NE) I like the sign your family had made for you. I like HOB pictures and what a great friend to hold the balloons for you.

His work trip was a bust, and he ended up buying a one-day ticket to Disneyland and finding all of the single rider lines. He brought me home a bag of Mickey rice krispies :laughing:
Sounds like it turned out NOT to be a bust!!! I wish I had a day at DL!

These next photos show off the wood grain pattern in Zack's ring.
Love it. :love: Glad he got his ring situation sorted out! It looks really nice!

She sat on that little bit of ledge you can see. And the crazy thing is, you can't see her in a single photo!
THAT is a true friend! Amazing that you can't see her at all!

House of Blues
Part Two

After that, we headed towards the back of HOB towards the boat dock.

NlvFHcDl.jpg

yAT6ti5l.jpg

d8LJJZ3l.jpg

pgVUJVCl.jpg

Something was funny? :confused3

HTzAn4zl.jpg

4kGjgTPl.jpg

nnDCQTBl.jpg

So in this photo, you can see Zack's wristband... They were for our Dessert Party. Aly brought them along in her bag so we could hand them out at lunch, because a few people didn't have park tickets. Zack put his on immediately :laughing: So I had to have my hand farther back in these shots to cover it.

xvLvo4Cl.jpg

Now I was instructed to look sassy.

dM4bPcYl.jpg

GI40Uu7l.jpg

LK4tfKvl.jpg

AsIMcB4l.jpg

Ok, I wasn't very convincing at sassy.

I7cYlf8l.jpg

EsDiUKvl.jpg

BpvEEMFl.jpg

N02dDmUl.jpg

Aly requested a photo.

mxLmPM1l.jpg

Then we headed back around front.

ToPGt0Dl.jpg

So here, Steve explained this idea he had... and we failed at executing it :rotfl:

6bIZ313l.jpg

So we were supposed to run... but we ran too fast the first time.

LrEgqXJl.jpg

So then we were supposed to run in slow motion, but Zack ran faster than me, so we look sort of silly? We were not good for this photo idea lol.

RA55G0yl.jpg

These shots from the back looks better...

WfoCYa6l.jpg

See that lady is judging us... "I know you don't run, not even for Disney..."

qR4OPm2l.jpg

mKvT1zRl.jpg

iXBvuDil.jpg

3ZlZdiQl.jpg

gRqHv0Fl.jpg

aSI511el.jpg

ILLWHfAl.jpg

0M11X9rl.jpg

1YaxA8Vl.jpg

I really love the close ups :lovestruc

bpg8RGil.jpg

24LvrdSl.jpg

H711oHwl.jpg

gUWNcjwl.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!