Fort Cable TV Issues

Hundred Acre Woods

Earning My Ears
We Are having issues with our cable tv at the Fort and I was wondering if anyone else has had these issues. We have actually had this each time we had been here but we would go to the trading post and get a cable box. I was not even sure if they do that anymore. We do have a digital tv and have never had issues at other campgrounds. Channels from around 2-20 are ok. Them from around 21-50 we have sound but no picture and then above that we have picture but no sound. I assume if others on the boards have had this problem I would have read about it but I thought I would ask.

We did not have a problem with ours. But then again, we only watched about 5 mins of tv during our 2 weeks stay.

Call the front desk and let them test it. They fixed it for us once.

We had the same problem during our Sept. trip. We had many channels that had sound but no picture. I don't remember any that had picture but no sound. We have a new digital TV in the camper, so I assumed it was a problem with the cable at the Fort. I didn't really watch TV very much during the trip, so I never asked for it to be checked.

Its a compatibility issue between the Forts system and certain brands of TV's. Our main TV works exactly as described above, our second TV was a smaller one but a different brand and it worked fine. If yours doesn't work you will need a "converter box" from the trading post.

Yep, they still loan at the boxes. As stated by bigdisneydaddy, it's an issue with certain tv brands. The guy that came out to check our cable told me that 99% of his calls are checking cable. He's the one that told us it's a brand issue.

After numerous attempts to have issues addressed with the cable, we don't even bother to hook it up anymore. We find our digital antenna provides much better quality, (although more limited in the number of stations).

We use our antenna also unless theres a race that's not on regular broadcast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter