Fort Lauderdale Port and Info Please

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale next year on Empress of the Seas to Cuba.

Never been to this port. Any tips about going to the port, time to get there, parking (we're driving down), best areas to park in and parking fees?

Thanks.

Park 'N Go on Eller Drive is our go to for parking offsite. You can find them online and put in your dates to receive a price. You can pay ahead of time to save money or pay when you get there. Different thoughts on arrival. Most people say get there early (10:30 AM ish). But if you wait until 12 noon then by the time you get onboard your room will probably be ready and you can drop off your carry-on luggage. Otherwise, you must lug it around with you until 1 PM.

Park 'N Go on Eller Drive is our go to for parking offsite. You can find them online and put in your dates to receive a price. You can pay ahead of time to save money or pay when you get there. Different thoughts on arrival. Most people say get there early (10:30 AM ish). But if you wait until 12 noon then by the time you get onboard your room will probably be ready and you can drop off your carry-on luggage. Otherwise, you must lug it around with you until 1 PM.

Have you ever parked at the terminal? I was looking for that option if the price was right. When I said best areas to park in -- I mean in terminal parking (like PC parking has some preferred spots). Thanks much.

Have you ever parked at the terminal? I was looking for that option if the price was right. When I said best areas to park in -- I mean in terminal parking (like PC parking has some preferred spots). Thanks much.
Yes, we have parked at the terminal. Cruising on Oasis of the Seas we parked at Terminal 18 in a surface parking lot right next to the terminal. You need to find out what terminal Empress is sailing from to know if Mid-port Garage or another parking area will be best. Parking rates are $15/day ($19/day if you drive an over-size vehicle). If you drive a handicap accessible vehicle with a LIFT and a HA placard or license tag you will park for free.

Here is a helpful website - http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

Last edited:

Yes, we have parked at the terminal. Cruising on Oasis of the Seas we parked at Terminal 18 in a surface parking lot right next to the terminal. You need to find out what terminal Empress is sailing from to know if Mid-port Garage or another parking area will be best. Parking rates are $15/day ($19/day if you drive an over-size vehicle). If you have a vehicle with a lift you will park for free.

Here is a helpful website - http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

Thank you so much. Their parking rates are terrific compared to Manhattan's terminal (which s $40/day)!

Thank you so much. Their parking rates are terrific compared to Manhattan's terminal (which s $40/day)!

Lol! Yes, I still remember sticker shock when parking in the middle of nowhere to trek around NYC as a kid. It was outrageous back then, too!

Lol! Yes, I still remember sticker shock when parking in the middle of nowhere to trek around NYC as a kid. It was outrageous back then, too!

The first time we parked at the terminal it was $30/day and I thought that was just "okay". Then in just two years it went up to $40/per day. I'm hoping when I get there in a couple of weeks it hasn't gone up again!

But I did (way too much) research on other alternatives to save a few bucks, including trains, private transport, and parking at off-sites and cabbing back. All in all, the convenience of parking right at the terminal in Manhattan, where the traffic and cabs are nuts, it seemed worth the extra $50-$100 we were paying, especially at our age ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!