Fort Wilderness Questions

pr surfer

Beaches and Beers.
Hi all, so my wife and I have been considering a long weekend in Ft Wilderness using the smallest campsite, and we're curious as to

1- What's the restroom and shower situation there in COVID times? Are the comfort stations being cleaned more often, and

2- Would there be issues showing up with an SUV and a rooftop tent as opposed to an RV?

Hi there!

I’m at FW now, I can say that over all, I have felt very safe here.

1. The comfort stations are very clean. They get cleaned several times a day. 2000 loop is the only partial hookup loop open at this time. The comfort stations in 2000 do see a lot more use than the full hookup and higher loops though.

2. You would be fine with a roof top tent. Folks here camp in all sorts of set ups.

Another question - how is security with regards to us pulling a cooler full of yummy off-property craft beers to drink on our campsite? We tend to hit up a few excellent offsite breweries every time we go and stock up.

Another question - how is security with regards to us pulling a cooler full of yummy off-property craft beers to drink on our campsite? We tend to hit up a few excellent offsite breweries every time we go and stock up.
You will be fine bringing them and drinking at your site.
Reminds me of that lesson we all (should have) learned in kindergarten; If you're going to bring something to school then bring enough to share with everybody.
(Please post your site number after check-in) LOL. 😃🍻

You will be fine bringing them and drinking at your site.
ProudMomOf4,
Just noticed your reply posted to my computer at 4:41 A.M East Coast time. Is that correct? What time zone are you in? That's either way TOO early or way TOO late from last night.
Yes, off thread but curious how you manage 4 + spouse with such little sleep! 🤔You are obviously a Rock Star as a Mom!

Reminds me of that lesson we all (should have) learned in kindergarten; If you're going to bring something to school then bring enough to share with everybody.
(Please post your site number after check-in) LOL. 😃🍻

Sharing is caring. The rules are the same ones at a bar - no politics, no religion, no bad music. Only good vibes.

And if you show up with an acoustic guitar and start playing Wonderwall, you're getting thrown out.

But seriously, I can tell you the breweries as well, so you can stock up before future visits.

Last edited:

ProudMomOf4,
Just noticed your reply posted to my computer at 4:41 A.M East Coast time. Is that correct? What time zone are you in? That's either way TOO early or way TOO late from last night.
Yes, off thread but curious how you manage 4 + spouse with such little sleep! 🤔You are obviously a Rock Star as a Mom!

LOL. I am in eastern time, actually at the Fort now, but I live in Tampa. I woke up way too early and couldn’t get back to sleep for a bit so was surfing the net. I did eventually fall back to sleep.

My four sons are all grown now, but they did keep me busy for a while with all their activities. They are now 34 - 32 - 28 - 23. I adopted 2 rescue fur babies to fill the time. No grandkids, yet...I hope that changes at some time.

The 2 younger sons still like to camp with hubby and me but the youngest is going to grad school in WI so he can’t join as often as we would like.

LOL. I am in eastern time, actually at the Fort now, but I live in Tampa. I woke up way too early and couldn’t get back to sleep for a bit so was surfing the net. I did eventually fall back to sleep.

My four sons are all grown now, but they did keep me busy for a while with all their activities. They are now 34 - 32 - 28 - 23. I adopted 2 rescue fur babies to fill the time. No grandkids, yet...I hope that changes at some time.

The 2 younger sons still like to camp with hubby and me but the youngest is going to grad school in WI so he can’t join as often as we would like.
Sounds like a very fulfilling life. Congrats to you & spouse for the success you've had guiding and mentoring your offspring.

But seriously, get some sleep lady! 😴

Sharing is caring. The rules are the same ones at a bar - no politics, no religion, no bad music. Only good vibes.

And if you show up with an acoustic guitar and start playing Wonderwall, you're getting thrown out

I have to tell you 2 funny stories from my 2018 trip that you have touched upon in this comment -

Firstly, ths UK have totally different rules! No politics or religion at the dinner table, but at the bar it's absolutely allowed - that's the place you can go with your friends and chat all that stuff without risk of causing family arguments or food being thrown at you! I got into trouble with a bartender a couple of times in 2018 because after a couple of drinks, I kept forgetting and talking to people about Trump... luckily he found it quite funny so we made a joke about it but yeah, huge difference in that!

Secondly, another night I rocked up to my hotel bar and the bartender was playing a remix (A REMIX!!!) of Wonderwall and as soon as i walked up I said that I loved the song, when he saw me he said, "ohh no, you're british, you aren't going to like this, it's a remix" and I just looked at him... after a beat he said " .....uhh I'm gonna go put the original on"
I was like "I would!" Which again, became a joke between us.

Good times! 🤣😂🤣

Im going to say , its more of a prodution. First you must make sure the drinks are cold and plentiful. Then you must post you site on the disboards. As others said its only polite to share. There is a general rule to invite over others to partake of the bevrages and to test them out in order to provide safety to other campers. This ensures your bevrages are up to par and that you can not over indulge. And while your handing out drinks people sometimes expect a small spread of food. So be prepared. :-)

Does anyone know if resort guests can still have outside guests visit? We are coming down in three weeks.
We were there the first week of August in a cabin and my inlaws drove over from Orlando to visit with the grandkids and us for a few hours. Wasn't an issue, just told security they were here to see us at cabin #xxxx and showed their ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!