Four Seasons La Hiki weekend brunch buffet

Going to try both this weekend, I'll report back if I have the strength. Having Makahiki at 7AM, then La Hiki for brunch, wish me luck... :mickeybar

Like FoodieFriend, I go for seafood value, everything else is filler, or breaks between lobster and crab.

No way, 2 buffets in one day!!! When I eat a buffet, it’s usually the only meal, can’t eat anymore that day. I guess I stuff myself too much. Not good, but can’t help myself.

Great3

Going to try both this weekend, I'll report back if I have the strength. Having Makahiki at 7AM, then La Hiki for brunch, wish me luck... :mickeybar

Like FoodieFriend, I go for seafood value, everything else is filler, or breaks between lobster and crab.
Did you survive both buffets? :) How were they?

We did the La Hiki buffet for Thanksgiving this year and as others have said it is an over the top buffet with sashimi, lobster tails, crab claws along with more traditional fancy buffet fare. If you like a luxury buffet it’s definitely worth it. The Makahiki is also a great buffet but aimed at a different demographic. Whereas I would prefer the La Hiki, my 5 and 9 year olds definitely prefer the Aulani version. Food at both is delicious at both with the La Hiki having more seafood options.

We did the La Hiki buffet for Thanksgiving this year and as others have said it is an over the top buffet with sashimi, lobster tails, crab claws along with more traditional fancy buffet fare. If you like a luxury buffet it’s definitely worth it. The Makahiki is also a great buffet but aimed at a different demographic. Whereas I would prefer the La Hiki, my 5 and 9 year olds definitely prefer the Aulani version. Food at both is delicious at both with the La Hiki having more seafood options.

My kids are the opposite. I raised a couple of foodies and when they were young, preferred shrimp, lamb chops, steak, and fish over anything on the kid's menu. My youngest still won't eat hot dogs. But I guess it depends on what they are exposed to at a young age. My then 16 yo daughter and I loved the brunch and are planning on going back this trip. I want to try the Orchid's buffet but we decided on afternoon tea there instead this trip. All in all, we love the food in Hawaii. So many Japanese options that we can't get at home.

Got back from Hawaii on Friday night after staying at Aulani for 4 nights and Marriott 2 nights. We had Makahiki character breakfast on Sunday the day after we arrived right when it opened at 7AM, and was not hungry for lunch so we skipped La Hiki brunch, and had spam musubi's from Cafe Ulu instead. Sorry to disappoint, did not get to try the seafood buffet this time around, next time. 😢

Got back from Hawaii on Friday night after staying at Aulani for 4 nights and Marriott 2 nights. We had Makahiki character breakfast on Sunday the day after we arrived right when it opened at 7AM, and was not hungry for lunch so we skipped La Hiki brunch, and had spam musubi's from Cafe Ulu instead. Sorry to disappoint, did not get to try the seafood buffet this time around, next time. 😢

And for those reading this who have never been, the LaHiki Sunday brunch buffet is not just a seafood buffet. They have everything. On the outside grill they make filet and lamb chops, along with the prime rib and a roasted pig. Also an omelet and loco moco station. Plus all of the amazing seafood and fruits, veggies, pastries, etc. The spread is amazing.

And for those reading this who have never been, the LaHiki Sunday brunch buffet is not just a seafood buffet. They have everything. On the outside grill they make filet and lamb chops, along with the prime rib and a roasted pig. Also an omelet and loco moco station. Plus all of the amazing seafood and fruits, veggies, pastries, etc. The spread is amazing.
Thank you for this! My husband was debating if he should join us because he's not a heavy seafood eater (he only eats fish) but he loves lamb chops, prime rib... any type of meat! He's totally into this now! Thanks!

Thank you for this! My husband was debating if he should join us because he's not a heavy seafood eater (he only eats fish) but he loves lamb chops, prime rib... any type of meat! He's totally into this now! Thanks!

My daughter is not a seafood lover either, but can eat her weight worth of steak. LOL Guess that makes sense since we live in NE. But she loved the lamb, filet, and prime rib. I ate a bit of everything and it was all top quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter