FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thank you to all who have participated in this thread, it's extremely helpful. We have never been heavy FP users, even in the days of paper FPs, 3-4 is the most that we would usually use. The times they change though and I think that we may have to evolve along with it or be left behind. And now more than ever with crowds increasing as they are I think I should look for all of the advantages I can get.

My question may seem silly and I promise I'm not trying to be negative, but it may seem that way. How is anyone having any fun if they are constantly on their phone looking for the next FP? And how do you have time if you are constantly moving? I guess there use to be a FP runner, now there is the FP/MDE app manager, lol. I imagine myself scanning in for say Space, it's my 3rd FP of the day so now I'm going to look for the next.... while I'm walking...up the ramp....in the dark? I'm honestly asking how you guys do this. I'm not dense and yep I can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time, but I keep thinking that this seems hard to do. Maybe I'm getting hung up on the literal of "as soon as you tap"?

First, thank you to all who have participated in this thread, it's extremely helpful. We have never been heavy FP users, even in the days of paper FPs, 3-4 is the most that we would usually use. The times they change though and I think that we may have to evolve along with it or be left behind. And now more than ever with crowds increasing as they are I think I should look for all of the advantages I can get.

My question may seem silly and I promise I'm not trying to be negative, but it may seem that way. How is anyone having any fun if they are constantly on their phone looking for the next FP? And how do you have time if you are constantly moving? I guess there use to be a FP runner, now there is the FP/MDE app manager, lol. I imagine myself scanning in for say Space, it's my 3rd FP of the day so now I'm going to look for the next.... while I'm walking...up the ramp....in the dark? I'm honestly asking how you guys do this. I'm not dense and yep I can chew bubblegum and walk at the same time, but I keep thinking that this seems hard to do. Maybe I'm getting hung up on the literal of "as soon as you tap"?
It normally only takes a few minutes and can be done walking through the queue to whatever ride you just tapped into. It doesn't take much mind power to do it and you can easily carry on conversations while doing so. If I'm searching while walking through a park I just have my wife and daughter lead while I follow behind them. It sure beats standing around waiting hours in standby each day (that would be my definition of not having fun!).

It normally only takes a few minutes and can be done walking through the queue to whatever ride you just tapped into. It doesn't take much mind power to do it and you can easily carry on conversations while doing so. If I'm searching while walking through a park I just have my wife and daughter lead while I follow behind them. It sure beats standing around waiting hours in standby each day (that would be my definition of not having fun!).

Last trip I would do make adjustments and additions while taking a break, but again we didn't use many FPs after the 1st 3. I'm going to see if I can't utilize it more to our advantage this coming up trip. And I agree standing in lines = no fun at all!

Quick question. I emailed guest services about some transportation issues we had on a recent visit. They emailed back and informed me they had arranged for my family to get two additional Disney FastPass+ selections for two days during our next trip. They told me to bring the case number and photo ID to any theme park guest relations window where arrangements would be made for up to six individuals to visit two attractions of our choice per day.

Anyone with any experience know if these would be two anytime FPs?

Yes, I have received this type of extra fast pass email and have gone to guest relations to redeem it. These always have some restrictions. You probably can't use them for either of the new Animal Kingdom rides in Pandora, and probably still not good for 7DMT, Peter Pan, some character meet and greets, or Frozen Ever After.

Since you have so much time in line, even with FP+, once you are in the line you can look to see what's available for your 4th And sometimes I would grab a snack and drink and sit down and look. It is only as hectic and crazy as you make it. There's actually plenty of time, you'll see.

This is why I use the browser instead of the app. I don't have to do anything more than glance to see what the results are then pull down for it to reload/refresh. Way less looking than clicking boxes

This is why I use the browser instead of the app. I don't have to do anything more than glance to see what the results are then pull down for it to reload/refresh. Way less looking than clicking boxes

I just keep my thumb in one place so it doesn't take any extra attention either. I find that the times reload faster with this method over reloading a browser page.

The other reason that I prefer to use the app is in the case of an error when you add a FP. Sometimes I will see a time available and try to get it...on the website it will give you stitch or whichever character and once you see that you've lost that FP. With the app it says there was an error but gives you the chance to retry without losing the time that you had found available.

I have way more issues with the app myself. Much better luck with the website. I'm not a fan of the app. I lags in updating too

I am looking forward to trying it out "on the go" in May. I'll experiment with the app and the website. I'm not sure how much confidence I have in the app and maybe it will work better when I'm there, but right now it's not keeping up with the ADR changes I've made.

I've been watching the TP wait times the last few days and it's crazy how many FPs are just GONE by 4-5PM! We've been so many times that it won't be the end of the world if we miss something, but we will have a newbie along so want to try and get as much as we can.

I am looking forward to trying it out "on the go" in May. I'll experiment with the app and the website. I'm not sure how much confidence I have in the app and maybe it will work better when I'm there, but right now it's not keeping up with the ADR changes I've made.

I've been watching the TP wait times the last few days and it's crazy how many FPs are just GONE by 4-5PM! We've been so many times that it won't be the end of the world if we miss something, but we will have a newbie along so want to try and get as much as we can.
We are here now at Disney World. This last Thursday was a CL 9 day and we got 8 additional fast passes at MK! It was my first day ever so I was totally new at this. Our 3rd fast pass was at 1pm and we got additional fast passes for rides such as Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrow Speedway! We were there from 9am-9am and did 17 rides...in addition we watched the 3pm parade, the HEA fireworks (had good spots for both) and a character dining at Crystal Palace, Pirate tutorial show and met Aladdin and Jasmine. And we were a family of 4 (4 and 7 year old boys) so we were not running, we just never waited in lines. I was shocked how well it worked.

Yesterday at AK, we were on our 3rd FP a little before 1pm and I got a 4th FP for Dinosaur at 1:50pm.

You may have to choose anything and then motify for a few minutes but 5 minutes of modifying is MUCH less than 60 minutes of waiting in lines.

Good luck!

We are here now at Disney World. This last Thursday was a CL 9 day and we got 8 additional fast passes at MK! It was my first day ever so I was totally new at this. Our 3rd fast pass was at 1pm and we got additional fast passes for rides such as Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear and Tomorrow Speedway! We were there from 9am-9am and did 17 rides...in addition we watched the 3pm parade, the HEA fireworks (had good spots for both) and a character dining at Crystal Palace, Pirate tutorial show and met Aladdin and Jasmine. And we were a family of 4 (4 and 7 year old boys) so we were not running, we just never waited in lines. I was shocked how well it worked.

Yesterday at AK, we were on our 3rd FP a little before 1pm and I got a 4th FP for Dinosaur at 1:50pm.

You may have to choose anything and then motify for a few minutes but 5 minutes of modifying is MUCH less than 60 minutes of waiting in lines.

Good luck!

Sounds like you are having an excellent time! Very encouraging to hear that the extra FPs are easy to get. Thank you for your report, hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you for this thread! I haven't been to WDW or been on the DIS for 3-4 years. Imagine my shock to find how much has changed. It seems the changes aren't for the better either. We used Fastpass+ on our last trip when it first came out and it was awesome. I just don't understand WDW thinking that this new way with all the restrictions are good for the visitors experience. I'm shocked to see (from apps) how loooong the standby wait times are now for attractions that never had long waits before. To be honest I'm disappointed and worried about upcoming trip June 3rd. Am I missing some advantage to all this?

Thank you for this thread! I haven't been to WDW or been on the DIS for 3-4 years. Imagine my shock to find how much has changed. It seems the changes aren't for the better either. We used Fastpass+ on our last trip when it first came out and it was awesome. I just don't understand WDW thinking that this new way with all the restrictions are good for the visitors experience. I'm shocked to see (from apps) how loooong the standby wait times are now for attractions that never had long waits before. To be honest I'm disappointed and worried about upcoming trip June 3rd. Am I missing some advantage to all this?

The FP system has less "restrictions" now than it did when it rolled out... if you liked it then you'll probably like it now. Which restrictions have you nervous?

The FP system has less "restrictions" now than it did when it rolled out... if you liked it then you'll probably like it now. Which restrictions have you nervous?
This FAQ thread is for the more advanced usage of the MDX app and FPs. Other topics can be addressed in a New Thread. Thanks! :)

The tiered set up has be worried. Especially at EP. And the standby lines.

See this post for Tiering information and suggested choices: Suggested Priorities
And this post for getting Additional FP's the day of: Additional/Day of Fast Passes
You may find this page over at easyWDW helpful for EPCOT: EPCOT Touring Plans, Rope Drop, Wait Times, and FP Priority

Don't stress about it too much, and I hope you have a wonderful trip! If you have specific questions or concerns, go ahead and start a new thread, everyone's always willing to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter