FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hodad @SUSIEQ perhaps I was bit quick to respond. Are you saying person A has no FPs and wants to transfer FPs from person B to person A?

Edit:
Wouldn't that fall under this:

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.

Last edited:
I think the point is that right now, no one KNOWS all of the exact details of the change party function relating to the timing of its use and the locking of MDE accounts when used incorrectly/abusively.

I think the point is that right now, no one KNOWS all of the exact details of the change party function relating to the timing of its use and the locking of MDE accounts when used incorrectly/abusively.
Correct and this is the FP FAQ and Change Party is a function of MDE's FP booking.

Interpretation of the TOS is not necessary.

@hodad @SUSIEQ perhaps I was bit quick to respond. Are you saying person A has no FPs and wants to transfer FPs from person B to person A?

Edit:
Wouldn't that fall under this:

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.

Given how "Change Party" works, it would seem that the intent of that line would be something more akin to:
The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to (1) make FastPass+ selections or (2) receive FastPass+ selections through the "Change Party" feature must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.

The core of the rule is that the theme park admission associated with the FP+'s must be the same valid theme park admission used for entry into the park that day. You could "Change Party" before or during *that day* as long as this core rule is adhered to by the recipient (they must have used the same admission for entry that the FP+ was re-assigned to).

Maybe they'll tweak the wording later to make it more clear at some point, because I see how "used to make FastPass+ selections" alone isn't quite accurate for how they've set up their own system. Maybe they just treat recipients of "Change Party" FP+s to essentially become "the account used to make [the] FastPass+ selection", idk.

Given how "Change Party" works, it would seem that the intent of that line would be something more akin to:

The core of the rule is that the theme park admission associated with the FP+'s must be the same valid theme park admission used for entry into the park that day. You could "Change Party" before or during *that day* as long as this core rule is adhered to by the recipient (they must have used the same admission for entry that the FP+ was re-assigned to).

Maybe they'll tweak the wording later to make it more clear at some point, because I see how "used to make FastPass+ selections" alone isn't quite accurate for how they've set up their own system. Maybe they just treat recipients of "Change Party" FP+s to essentially become "the account used to make [the] FastPass+ selection", idk.
If this interpretation were correct, there would have been no need to delete the thread that shall not be named.

Personally, I read the TOS to mean that change party can only be done once both the original owner of the FP, and the intended recipient of the FP, are in the park. In other words, whoever booked the FP must enter the park with the FP. Once in the park, whatever they do with the FP is fair game.

If this interpretation were correct, there would have been no need to delete the thread that shall not be named.

Personally, I read the TOS to mean that change party can only be done once both the original owner of the FP, and the intended recipient of the FP, are in the park. In other words, whoever booked the FP must enter the park with the FP. Once in the park, whatever they do with the FP is fair game.
Do you read the TOS to state that from 60 days out right up until the day of use, Change Party can not be used to change the party? If so, both the website and the app allow actions that violate the TOS.

I'd tell you what I think the TOS prohibits, but then we'd risk getting this thread deleted.

Moving forward, this is the FP FAQ Addendum and discusses what is allowed when booking and changing FPs via Modify, Change Party, and Cancel functions.

Continued interpretation and misinterpretation of the TOS will result in Warnings and deletions.

One final question about Change Party because I'm not clear on exactly what is allowed now, and being cause my upcoming trip includes both grandchildren who may or may not want not to ride thrill rides and grandparents who may or may not want to joint us in the park, so I predict a lot of moving fast passes around to accommodate everyone's wishes.

Please let me know if this is not the case: before the date of use, a group of people can exchange fast passes at will, as many times as they want, and with any other person in the group, as long as each person in this group has a valid ticket that can be used on the day the fast passes are reserved. Let's call this group Pool A. Even on the day of use, people in Pool A can continue exchanging fast passes at will. But once someone enters a park, that person is removed from Pool A, and begins Pool B, a new group of people who have entered that particular park. Only people who enter Pool B (i.e. people who have used their valid ticket to enter the park) can exchange fast passes with that person, and I'm sure there are limitations on exchanging fast passes for these people that don't exist for Pool A, depending on how many fast passes have been used already, etc.

Is this correct?

before the date of use, a group of people can exchange fast passes at will, as many times as they want, and with any other person in the group, as long as each person in this group has a valid ticket that can be used on the day the fast passes are reserved
Yes.

Even on the day of use, people in Pool A can continue exchanging fast passes at will.
Unknown at this time and why would they need to do this?

Only people who enter Pool B (i.e. people who have used their valid ticket to enter the park) can exchange fast passes with that person,
Also unknown and why need to exchange them - poor planning on your part?

If any member of your party has no intention of entering a park on a specific day, it's best to Cancel all the FPs as that is the safest thing to do.

why need to exchange them - poor planning on your part?
Certainly you can imagine reasons why people might want to change their plan at the last minute. I'm just trying to figure out whether they are allowed to.

For comparison, we know that we can't cancel an ADR the day of without being charged $10 per person, but that we can cancel the ADR a day in advance. The fact that we may need to cancel a dining reservation doesn't mean we planned poorly, but knowing when the fee comes into play affects our last minute decisions.

Certainly you can imagine reasons why people might want to change their plan at the last minute. I'm just trying to figure out whether they are allowed to.

For comparison, we know that we can't cancel an ADR the day of without being charged $10 per person, but that we can cancel the ADR a day in advance. The fact that we may need to cancel a dining reservation doesn't mean we planned poorly, but knowing when the fee comes into play affects our last minute decisions.
But swapping MagicBands to use pre-booked FPs is better than Change Party that may possibly flag your account.

If all ticketed people are in the park and plans change for some, plan on swapping MBs.

I'm not sure how to do this and I don't mean to break any rules.

party of 5
FP 9-10 for character spot
FP 10-11 for Test Track
FP 11-12 for Spaceship Earth -- but only 3 people will use them

My daughter and I will be heading to the World Showcase after test track to start meeting characters. We won't be around to use the Spaceship Earth FP at 11. There isn't any other tier 2 fast pass that fits our schedule and we won't be walking by anything to tap a fast pass away.

1. If I just let it expire, can we check for a new tier 1 FP at 12:00?
2. Is it legal for me to bring my old bands, and give them to my sons to use them on say Mission Space from 11-12? I don't want to be without my band in the World Showcase - -I'll need it for snacks.
3. Is this a legal example of change FP party? Can I just switch the FP over to their bands? We will all be in the park using the 10 days PH tickets on my MDE account and I will have been the one to make the FP. If this is yes, at what point to I use change party, and when are we all eligible for a new tier 1?
4. Is it legal for them to take my old bands with them to spaceship earth and tap the 2 away when they ride? So, they would be at the tapstile with 2 bands.

Does anyone have any experiencing booking less than 3 FPs when hopping from tiered park to tiered park that can tell me when am I eligible to try for an additional tier 1 in the second park?

For example, if I book 1 FP in EPCOT (a tier 1), I know I can then book 2 in HS once I check in at EPCOT. But once I use those 2 in HS (lets say I've booked 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2), can my 4th FP in HS be another tier 1 (assuming availability), or must I still use 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2s in HS before I can book another tier 1 in HS?

Hope this makes sense!

Does anyone have any experiencing booking less than 3 FPs when hopping from tiered park to tiered park that can tell me when am I eligible to try for an additional tier 1 in the second park?

For example, if I book 1 FP in EPCOT (a tier 1), I know I can then book 2 in HS once I check in at EPCOT. But once I use those 2 in HS (lets say I've booked 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2), can my 4th FP in HS be another tier 1 (assuming availability), or must I still use 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2s in HS before I can book another tier 1 in HS?

Hope this makes sense!

Really good question, and interested in hearing from someone who's tried recently. I'd think as long as we can still split the initial 3 between 2 parks, the next FP selection would be like a "normal" 4th selection that was free from tier restrictions. That 3rd selection in park 2, is an incremental selection and not part of the initial pre-selected group. But I get why you'd ask since you have to use 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2's in a park before the 4th can be another tier 1.

In an example of Soarin as your 1st (and only pre selected FP), scan at Soarin and select RnR and ToT, then go for TSM after scanning at ToT. That would mean 3 Tier 1's in 4 selections. would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Really good question, and interested in hearing from someone who's tried recently. I'd think as long as we can still split the initial 3 between 2 parks, the next FP selection would be like a "normal" 4th selection that was free from tier restrictions. That 3rd selection in park 2, is an incremental selection and not part of the initial pre-selected group. But I get why you'd ask since you have to use 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2's in a park before the 4th can be another tier 1.

In an example of Soarin as your 1st (and only pre selected FP), scan at Soarin and select RnR and ToT, then go for TSM after scanning at ToT. That would mean 3 Tier 1's in 4 selections. would be pretty awesome.
That would be awesome, which is why I'm assuming it can't be done! Lol. But would love to hear from anyone who's tried it!

@marciemi - I know you're out of town right now, but did you ever test this?

Hope this makes sense!
I have did this! I booked FEA only, then booked TSMM and ToT. 4th and 5th were RNRC!

Shouldn't this be a sticky, merged with other FP sticky or on it's own? Great info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter