FP weirdness for March at DHS

joelkfla

DIS Veteran
I snagged a MF:SR FP for 9:40 am on 3/4, when the FP's for the 8am openings dropped.

At 12:41 am, I received an email that the attraction was no longer available due to "an unexpected change in the operating schedule." Disney very kindly replaced it with a Muppets FP :(. They also moved my TZToT FP from around 8:30 am to noon.

So I logged onto the website and opened "My Plans". There were red warnings all over the place saying FP info was unavailable. I refreshed a minute later and -- lo and behold! MF:SR FP's were available all over the place! Not just for 3/4, but for every day of the 1st week of March. I changed Muppets back to MF:SR, and also locked in ones for 3/2 & 3/3, just in case Disney messes withe 3/4 again.

So just now, I got new emails that my TSM FP's for mornings of 3/2 & 3/4 have been moved to the evening. So far, the new FP's I placed for MF:SR are still on the website.

I dunno what's going on down there. I just hope they don't mess with my MMRR FP's for 3/5 & 3/6. :D

ETA: I was able to move the TSMM FP's back to the morning. Totally weird!

Last edited:
It continues: at 2:35 am, Disney moved the TSMM FP's back to evening & afternoon. At 3 am, I moved one back to 8:35 am, and changed the other to an AS2 at 8:35. We'll see whether they're still there when I wake up tomorrow. AT least the MF:SR and MMRR FP's haven't moved -- yet.

Nope: at 3:07 am, the 3/2 & 3/4 MF:SR just changed to Little Mermaid; 3/3 changed to Muppets. MF:SR is no longer available. Time for bed.

Last edited:
So weird, my RnR fp time somehow got moved to later and i was unable to find the original time. Had to move around ToT to get another morning slot for RnR. All these recent changes are giving me such anxiety in preparation for our first trip next month!

I snagged a MF:SR FP for 9:40 am on 3/4, when the FP's for the 8am openings dropped.

At 12:41 am, I received an email that the attraction was no longer available due to "an unexpected change in the operating schedule." Disney very kindly replaced it with a Muppets FP :(. They also moved my TZToT FP from around 8:30 am to noon.

So I logged onto the website and opened "My Plans". There were red warnings all over the place saying FP info was unavailable. I refreshed a minute later and -- lo and behold! MF:SR FP's were available all over the place! Not just for 3/4, but for every day of the 1st week of March. I changed Muppets back to MF:SR, and also locked in ones for 3/2 & 3/3, just in case Disney messes withe 3/4 again.

So just now, I got new emails that my TSM FP's for mornings of 3/2 & 3/4 have been moved to the evening. So far, the new FP's I placed for MF:SR are still on the website.

I dunno what's going on down there. I just hope they don't mess with my MMRR FP's for 3/5 & 3/6. :D

ETA: I was able to move the TSMM FP's back to the morning. Totally weird!

Exact same thing here. But you’d better check both those MFSR and TSM in the morning. My replacement MFSR poofed again (converted to muppets) and TSM was moved.

Happened to me all morning (UK time) - my Smugglers Run FP kept becoming a Muppets one, and my Tower of Terror was constantly moved from 8ish to 12:05. I'd change it back and the same thing would happen, about 5 times! It's been fine for the last hour or so, and I spoke with a CM who said they did have issues but it should be fine now...

Weird. Checked all of my FP for week of 3/14 and everything seems to be in order.

Lol at muppets!

I checked my fastpasses after hearing there was weirdness going on for those who changed fastpasses yesterday in early March. I had moved my March 1st 9:10 a.m. Toy Story Mania to 8:15. Today I saw that it had changed to a multi experience fastpass good for any tier 2. I then ditched my mid-morning Tower of Terror fastpass to get Toy Story Mania at 8:25. That glich gives me great flexibility. I'll take it, particularly with the uncertainty of boarding groups.

Now, obviously the first time I'm going to want to use a fastpass is going to be for the 8:25 Toy Story Mania. What do I need to do to make sure the multi doesn't get used for that?

Now, obviously the first time I'm going to want to use a fastpass is going to be for the 8:25 Toy Story Mania. What do I need to do to make sure the multi doesn't get used for that?

The general rule of thumb is to make sure to use your regular FP in the exact hour long window allotted. Using it in the 5 minute before / 15 minute after grace period will use the multi-experience FP rather than the regular FP.

This morning the MF:SR FPs which had been changed to other Tier 2 attractions were Multi-FPs, but Tier 2 only. Luckily, there were a few MF:SR FPs available again. Hoping the multi-FPs mean they've fixed the problem.

ETA: Nope, it's still messed up. All of my new MF:SR FPs got changed to Tier 2 attractions.

Last edited:
This happened to us too. They moved our 8am TSMM fastpass to 3pm which doesn’t work for us. I don’t get it. I’ve never heard of them moving them like this.

My HS day is 3/10. So far RnR, ToT, AS2 and TSM all have been changed to later times and i try switching them back. Lets see if it gets changed again

This happened to us too. They moved our 8am TSMM fastpass to 3pm which doesn’t work for us. I don’t get it. I’ve never heard of them moving them like this.
Our 8:35am TSM fp got moved to 4:30pm, but I was able to move it back again. We were notified that our Haunted Mansion 7:30pm fp got cancelled and they replaced it with a 7:30pm fp. ;)

I hope Disney is done messing around with the early March fastpasses.

I had just now modified our SDD FP from an evening to a morning slot on March 2, when it amazingly became available. Discovered a couple minutes later that my new FP had been removed and replaced with a Multiple Experience FP. What in the heck is that?? And cannot believe I lost my original SDD FP for it - ugh!

I had a Millennium Falcon fastpass for around 10am on 3/6. Got an email in the middle of the night that the hours had changed for that attraction, my original FP was no longer available, but I was getting an anytime fastpass for anything in Hollywood except Mickey's railroad.

This morning I was able to get another Millennium Falcon FP for very near my original time. Now I can use my anytime FP for Slinky or something. Not sure what happened, but I seem to have gotten very lucky!

Yep my date is 3/5. My daughter and I originally had TSMM that afternoon and switched to 845. I also changed my Husband to 850. This morning DD and I had changed to multi experience and DH got moved to 645! Fortunately I was able to move his back because we'll be on a plane then.

This morning I was able to get another Millennium Falcon FP for very near my original time. Now I can use my anytime FP for Slinky or something. Not sure what happened, but I seem to have gotten very lucky!
Don't count your chickens just yet. The problem is ongoing. It was about half an hour until my MF:SR FPs were changed to Mermaid & Muppets this morning.

If yours are changed again, call Disney. The rep said she was putting a note on my account so if they get messed up again, I can ask to have things put back the way they were after the problem is fixed.

(All those MF:SR & SD FPs are available only because Disney keeps deleting ones people have made.)

Got an e-mail showing I now have a multi-experience FP to replace my SDD FP.....and it shows SDD being one of the options to use it for! Would that be true, as everyone else seems to be getting only options for Tier 2 attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter