FP weirdness for March at DHS

Now I’m thinking it might not be so bad:

If the average person tinkering over the weekend now has 3 extra and the average person not tinkering has 1 extra and let’s say
50% were tinkering and 50% weren’t - then on average every guest has 2 extra that day.

If they hold back some passes, some people decide to only use the anytimes in Hollywood and reassign the originals to another park, maybe the FP lines will only be just marginally longer than usual...
Let’s hope!

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hopeful that you're right, that it will only be marginally longer. There's no way the average guest has five fastpasses and knows they have that many. Most people aren't finding just the right place on message boards like this. And most wouldn't figure out they can book another fastpass after randomly getting an anytime fastpass.

As mentioned in the FastPass thread, in some ways the glitch ended up working out for me lol. Cause now I have three FP at Epcot (Soarin and two others), and two anytime FP for MFSR and Star Tours. And then today I get another email saying now I have a any ride anytime HS fastpass between March 1-14. The only exception is it can't be used on MMRR, SDD or RoTR.

How is it ominous?

When I wrote the post it had just appeared in my MDE account without any explanation. Could have been a glitch again that would be pulled at any time. Like something that wasnt supposed to be there cause it wasn't for me. With the glitch that happened over the weekend I was vary about things appearing and disappearing again. The MDE note on the phone and the email came like 5 hours later for me. Then I was sure it wasnt as ominous as I thought and it sure wasn't a glitch ;-)

As mentioned in the FastPass thread, in some ways the glitch ended up working out for me lol. Cause now I have three FP at Epcot (Soarin and two others), and two anytime FP for MFSR and Star Tours. And then today I get another email saying now I have a any ride anytime HS fastpass between March 1-14. The only exception is it can't be used on MMRR, SDD or RoTR.
The glitch effected your epcot FP+s? Or you switched your FPs to epcot after you got the Anytimes?

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hopeful that you're right, that it will only be marginally longer. There's no way the average guest has five fastpasses and knows they have that many. Most people aren't finding just the right place on message boards like this. And most wouldn't figure out they can book another fastpass after randomly getting an anytime fastpass.
Additionally, there aren't that many FPs left for those 2 weeks, a few night times slots and very low Tier2s. So you had to have acted quickly to re-arrange before the dust had settled.

During that fateful glitch day, I received an all-day multiple FP to replace the one I had made in the a.m. for SDD. I've been reading where others had also gotten multiple-use FPs, but for Tier 2 only. The list of attractions mine covers does include SDD.....but am concerned about the system recognizing our magic bands when tapping in for SDD.

During that fateful glitch day, I received an all-day multiple FP to replace the one I had made in the a.m. for SDD. I've been reading where others had also gotten multiple-use FPs, but for Tier 2 only. The list of attractions mine covers does include SDD.....but am concerned about the system recognizing our magic bands when tapping in for SDD.
There are different Anytime FP's distributed depending on what ride you lost the FP for. If you were to have lost TSM then you're going to get one that allows for Tier 2 rides only....a SDD you'll be good for SDD as well. It will pull that just like any other FP so nothing to worry about with regards to the system recognizing it.

I keep getting emails from Disney Destinations that my Haunted Mansion fp on March 1st has been changed from 7:30pm - 8:00pm to 7:30pm-8:30pm. I have six of them this morning, four of them yesterday, and then more of them since the glitch happened. The only reason I don't delete this fp is that I'm hoping one of these emails will tell me that I have an anytime fp. ;)

There are different Anytime FP's distributed depending on what ride you lost the FP for. If you were to have lost TSM then you're going to get one that allows for Tier 2 rides only....a SDD you'll be good for SDD as well. It will pull that just like any other FP so nothing to worry about with regards to the system recognizing it.
It appears that replacements for AS2 also included SDD.

So strangely, I got the "sorry for the inconvenience" anytime March 1-14 FPPs, but only for two of my four party members. I can't figure out why - there's only one ride on our whole trip with just those two, and it wasn't moved. I do really want to get us all a second ride on MFSR. Should I call and ask if they can extend it to the rest of us? Wait two weeks and ask on site with the hotel concierge? I just don't want them to say "Hmm, I see you also have a bunch of other anytimes, are those from the glitch? Let me just clean those up for you..."

So strangely, I got the "sorry for the inconvenience" anytime March 1-14 FPPs, but only for two of my four party members. I can't figure out why - there's only one ride on our whole trip with just those two, and it wasn't moved. I do really want to get us all a second ride on MFSR. Should I call and ask if they can extend it to the rest of us? Wait two weeks and ask on site with the hotel concierge? I just don't want them to say "Hmm, I see you also have a bunch of other anytimes, are those from the glitch? Let me just clean those up for you..."

I'd say, best to not be greedy :) and enjoy all the extras that you already have.

My extra bonus one was for only half of my party as well (3 out of the 6). But it made sense because only 3 people were scheduled for Smugglers that got changed to Muppets.

Which ride were only two of you booked on? These “sorry for the inconvenience” FPS seem a little random. My 8AM FPs were cancelled and we were given a replacement for the ride for that day, but so far no 14 day “sorry” FP.

The same thing happened to me. I hesitated to call because I have two anytimes for March 3 and I didn't want them taken away, but the March 1-14 anytime only included two of us (out of 5) and I really wanted it for my other HS day that wasn't messed up (CL 10 vs 6 earlier in the week). I did end up calling and the IT guy looked at my account and fixed the March 1-14 anytime for the whole party and confirmed that my other anytimes were correct. So either they're planning on mass-deleting all the extras, or they are just going to let them go and plan accordingly. Either way, my calling didn't change anything.

The same thing happened to me. I hesitated to call because I have two anytimes for March 3 and I didn't want them taken away, but the March 1-14 anytime only included two of us (out of 5) and I really wanted it for my other HS day that wasn't messed up (CL 10 vs 6 earlier in the week). I did end up calling and the IT guy looked at my account and fixed the March 1-14 anytime for the whole party and confirmed that my other anytimes were correct. So either they're planning on mass-deleting all the extras, or they are just going to let them go and plan accordingly. Either way, my calling didn't change anything.
Were all 5 originally on the Smugglers (or similar FP reservation) that turned to something else?

I get the "don't be greedy" thing, but on the other hand, I have a four and a six year old and don't really look forward to explaining why only one of them gets the extra Millennium Falcon ride. The only thing the two who got it were booked on was Star Tours (little guy isn't tall enough) and it wasn't moved at all, which is why it's confusing.

Were all 5 originally on the Smugglers (or similar FP reservation) that turned to something else?

Yes, all 5 of us were on it. I'm really glad it was Smugglers and not something else- we have one coaster hater, so if it had been Slinky or RnR, they may not have been included. All in all, the glitch ended up working out for us. Essentially 3 extra anytime fast passes for Tier 1s at a park where it is incredibly difficult to get Tiers 1s, especially in the morning where we tend to use FPs. I feel a little bad for the people who weren't affected almost...

Just found this thread.... and my FP+ have been goofy the last couple days too!!!
I also have been playing/refreshing to switch things around for HS in order to get MMRR and SDD on 2 different days and taking advantage of the added hour for park opening.

At first my tier 1, SDD disappeared. But after getting the anytime pass, I was able to go back and add SDD, then "modify" it and get MMRR. It took some persistence, but I was bored on my break at work. haha!!

I ended up with an anytime pass for the one day .. not including MFSR. Then another FP+ for any day, any time .... not including MMRR or SDD.
But also a couple of my times had changed. ToT was moved 2 hours later and SDD like 20 minutes earlier.

Really kinda weird! I just assumed that the system was overloaded...... good ol' Disney internet/MDE!! And these were just generated because of so many people trying to make adjustments. But... hey, it worked out ok for me.

The glitch effected your epcot FP+s? Or you switched your FPs to epcot after you got the Anytimes?
Ah sorry for confusion. Yes I switched my FPs to Epcot since I got the DHS FP anytimes since the majority of other rides I would ride are typically walkons or no more than 20 mins (ToT isn’t really my fave ride, I hate those “drop” type rides, and yes I know there are other rides that have them too but just one time on ToT was good enough for me. ).

Ya, I have for Mar 12:
9:05 TSM
10:10 Star Tours
11:30 MMRR
No changes as I did not have anything in that 8-9 time frame. Also, no Multiple Experiences..... would have loved one for MF:SR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts