FP weirdness for March at DHS

I get the "don't be greedy" thing, but on the other hand, I have a four and a six year old and don't really look forward to explaining why only one of them gets the extra Millennium Falcon ride. The only thing the two who got it were booked on was Star Tours (little guy isn't tall enough) and it wasn't moved at all, which is why it's confusing.
Makes sense! Doesn't hurt to try in that case.

I've been refreshing like crazy throughout the day all week trying to scoop up someone's recycled MMRR first week of March with no luck. Have seen not a single Tier 1 since the past Sunday, and have still not seen any times earlier than noon for any ride. Either people are totally locked in or they are auto-scooping them out when people cancel. Hoping for more movement the week prior to my trip, but not hopeful at this point. I have a toddler so waiting in long lines is simply not an option.

I've been refreshing like crazy throughout the day all week trying to scoop up someone's recycled MMRR first week of March with no luck. Have seen not a single Tier 1 since the past Sunday, and have still not seen any times earlier than noon for any ride. Either people are totally locked in or they are auto-scooping them out when people cancel. Hoping for more movement the week prior to my trip, but not hopeful at this point. I have a toddler so waiting in long lines is simply not an option.
This. Early March HS plans are just toast. And forget about it if you have a toddler or do not possess an armful of anytime FPs now. I feel your frustration.

While it never hurts to try, refreshing at this time is typically unsuccessful. Refreshing is best done the day before and day of for best results.

Today is 30 days out from the Saturday before our trip (3rd week of March), and I haven't seen anything decent, either. I'll certainly plan to be looking the week before (and when hours change for mid March, for sure). But have to admit I'm pretty bummed out that I haven't even been able to move our AS2 up before 5pm due to cancellations.

Today is 30 days out from the Saturday before our trip (3rd week of March), and I haven't seen anything decent, either. I'll certainly plan to be looking the week before (and when hours change for mid March, for sure). But have to admit I'm pretty bummed out that I haven't even been able to move our AS2 up before 5pm due to cancellations.
Yip. Booked our March 14th FP right at 7 am today and the earliest Alien or TSM was 3. No Tier one at all (which I wasn’t expecting). It’s our driving day, so we wanted after 5 anyway, but it makes me nervous for the rest of the week!

Yes, we don't have any of these extra FPs for our DHS day on March 6th. I'm starting to wonder if we'll just do the FPs that we have and park hop. I feel for those who don't have the option to park hop.

I’m nervous about trying to use them and having it take the “wrong” ones. That happened to me at epcot once. I had an anytime from when frozen went down and a regular one for spaceship earth. I scanned in to spaceship earth and it used the anytime. I only have one that’s good for mfsr and we don’t want to do that ride first. I don’t really want to call or wait in line. I hope it works out.

I’m nervous about trying to use them and having it take the “wrong” ones. That happened to me at epcot once. I had an anytime from when frozen went down and a regular one for spaceship earth. I scanned in to spaceship earth and it used the anytime. I only have one that’s good for mfsr and we don’t want to do that ride first. I don’t really want to call or wait in line. I hope it works out.
If you dont go during the standard grace period, 5 min before or 15 min after, it "should" take the right one.

I wanted to check back in now that it is another week later, combined with my curiosity and interest in this topic. Anyone on here have any luck nabbing any morning FPs or Tier 1s in the last week? I was initially refreshing hard for MMRR, but finally decided to stop wasting my time!

I wanted to check back in now that it is another week later, combined with my curiosity and interest in this topic. Anyone on here have any luck nabbing any morning FPs or Tier 1s in the last week? I was initially refreshing hard for MMRR, but finally decided to stop wasting my time!
Nah. Since the weirdness, I haven’t seen a single tier 1 reopen even briefly.

I haven't seen any tier 1 at all. I did end up having to cancel my FP's during that time so I watched to see if anything showed back up. None of the tier 1 showed up but I did drop some morning ToT and they did show back up. It doesn't guarantee anything but appears that tier 1 aren't being released back right now but tier 2 may be.

I haven't seen any tier 1 at all. I did end up having to cancel my FP's during that time so I watched to see if anything showed back up. None of the tier 1 showed up but I did drop some morning ToT and they did show back up. It doesn't guarantee anything but appears that tier 1 aren't being released back right now but tier 2 may be.
I have been refreshing for the first week of March. In HS I have seen SDD pop up, but only for evening times. I have not see any other tier 1s appear for any time whatsoever. I have also not seen any morning times for any attraction. It appears everything in the morning has been removed from circulation.

But fear not-- you can still nab a FP for Disney Junior Dance Party shortly after noon.

I just noticed that as of this afternoon there is now ANOTHER flexible anytime FastPass for the Smugglers Run that turned into Muppets and it can be used March 1 - March 14.
Personally, I now have an interesting situation:

I have an anytime for SlinkyDog or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Toy Story Mania or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Smugglers Run or any tier 2

Now, if I were to go to Toy Store Mania or any other tier 2 first (which I was planning to), I wonder if it is smart enough to use the fast pass that doesn't have the optional Tier 1 rides. I would hope so?

If this were my lineup, I would stroll into HS the latest time possible to get thru security and get my RotR boarding pass and not deal with the rope drop crowds. Start at something else and work your way around. Save you an hour of sleep. :)

We booked our 3/14-3/21 trip this past week (staying offsite), and I never saw a tier one at all. The earliest openings for Aliens and TSMM were 3 pm each day I looked right at 7 am—caused us to shift from two mornings and 1 afternoon at HS to one morning and one afternoon. I’m not standing in a 100 min line 30 min after the park opens. We were going to try to ride ROTR and wanted two shots at it, we will try once and if it doesn’t work out will try again in summer.

Hey all — fellow marcher (but end of the month) — I’ve been following this thread since the debacle bc I was hoping they’d open up late March then too!! Anyway, now late March hours are extended to an 8am opening. They loaded TSMM last night — and I would imagine the rest slowly over the next few days. Do you all recall when you hours changed how many days it was for MMRR to be loaded? Trying to time it right to move up my evening FP to sometime in the afternoon 🤞☺️

Hey all — fellow marcher (but end of the month) — I’ve been following this thread since the debacle bc I was hoping they’d open up late March then too!! Anyway, now late March hours are extended to an 8am opening. They loaded TSMM last night — and I would imagine the rest slowly over the next few days. Do you all recall when you hours changed how many days it was for MMRR to be loaded? Trying to time it right to move up my evening FP to sometime in the afternoon 🤞
I was part of the debacle and I don't remember seeing any fp's for MMRR in the 8am-9am time slot. It might have been because they had all been distributed by the time I looked, though. I was online when the TSM fps for 8am were loaded and I was able to get that one.

I was part of the debacle and I don't remember seeing any fp's for MMRR in the 8am-9am time slot. It might have been because they had all been distributed by the time I looked, though. I was online when the TSM fps for 8am were loaded and I was able to get that one.

I’m fairly certain MMRR and MFSR are only doing Fastpasses starting at 9:30am to help control the rope drop crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!