Free Dining Package?

MickeyMickey

DIS Veteran
We will be flying into Orlando on September 24th but not checking into a Disney resort until the 26th. If we buy the free dining package with 7 day tickets can we use the tickets the two days before we check in, or do we have to wait to check in to get the tickets?

you have to check in to get the tickets connected with your package... you could buy separate tix for the first two days, and only get 5 day hoppers w/your package, but that will cost you significantly more $!

Is there no way I can get my tickets "mailed" to me before my trip if I buy them through Disney?? If not, they are going to lose my business one day, the day before my cruise, because I will go to Universal or Sea World instead. I hope they can, calling CRO on monday to check.

My understanding is you can only use the tickets once you check in. There are not actual tickets given. With packages everything is connected into your room card.
Never hurts to ask, but I don't see that happening.

CRO is room only. So if you bought tickets not attached to a package I would think you could have them mailed.
WDTC is for the travel packages.

redmomof4 said:
Is there no way I can get my tickets "mailed" to me before my trip if I buy them through Disney?? If not, they are going to lose my business one day, the day before my cruise, because I will go to Universal or Sea World instead. I hope they can, calling CRO on monday to check.

it should not be a problem unless you booked a "package" if you simply booked a room and bought tickets you should be okay...

To get the free dining, we had to switch our RO ressie to a "package" so I guess, we'll fly in and maybe to Kennedy or SeaWorld that first day, Disney will be losing my business both in the parks and at their hotel if they don't send out the tix before hand. I can take what I'm spending on two rooms at POP and get a hotel off property. HMMM, but then I can't use magical express. I had planned on MEing it to POP and then getting our rental car at the Disney Car Care Center to drive to the Port the next day for our cruise, then keeping it for the rest of the week, but now I might get it on fly in day and stay offsite and turn it in a few days earlier and ME it back to the airport. I'll be calling bright an early this am (I'm at work) I'll post what I find out. I don't know if I will find much out though as my ressie is through a TA, she might have to act on my behalf.
Shawna

i guess it comes down to what is most important for you... saving money by staying offsite and not getting the free dining or magical express, but not getting your tix in advance (which i am not sure i understand... why do you need the tix in advance if you are going straight from the airport to pop, via ME, you will get the tix w/in your first half hour there when you check in?)

Currently our ressies are as follows
9/27-9/29 POP (it is not feasible with my job to fly out on Monday instead)
9/29-10/2 Disney Wonder
10/2-10/7 POP

My family is a family of 6, we need two rooms at POP, the FREE dining plan is an extradorinary deal for us, but the first leg of our "land" package does not qualify for the "package" deal, because it is only 2 nights. I am getting my package and therefore the free dining and our tix for the second leg of our "land" stay. Does that make sense? I would like to get our tix in the mail before we go, so I can use them to go to a Disney park on those first days. I'd like to stay at a Disney property. But, if I cannot go to a Disney park, without paying extra for it, I will go to a different park (Universal, SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center, etc...) so if I do this, why should I stay on Disney property. I'd rather stay on Universal if we choose that so we can get FOTL passes, or the Nick hotel if we go elsewhere just for the novelty.

Make sense?? I still need to call CRO and ask.

Shawna

makes perfect sense... unfortunately, i'm going to guess that you are told you cannot begin using the package tix 'til you check in w/the package... which is a bummer... of course, as much as i love wdw, i'm sure your family will enjoy another theme park too! :flower:

I have the same problem.. We want to book a package and are staying two weeks with one of them at an area condo. We want to get 10 day with the pluses and spread them days over our two weeks. Were we could not get our tickets early with a package.

Yep, I was told absolutely not today also. So now I have to figure out if we are even going to stay onsite those nights. Staying at Universal for FOTL access is very tempting or at the Nick Hotel for the theming, my kids would love and doing something non disney those days. If I do that, I give up Magical Express from the airport, we were planning on renting a car the day we go to port and keeping it for a week, so we'd have to rent it earlier, and prob give it up earlier, I just didn't want to have to rent at the airport (we were going to at the car care center) ARGH! So many decisions.
Shawna

does universal offer any type of airport service (even if it is a paid service, it might be cheaper than a rental) and then rent a car onsite at universal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter