• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Part II - 8/26 to 9/2 - Day by Day Report

September 1, 2006 – Roaring Forks (again) and Ohana

Today was another lazy day for us. We hung out at the pool, napped, shopped and just hung out. No one had the energy to hit another park (we are just not the park commando types).

For lunch, we did Roaring Forks again. Everyone had the same thing again, so I have nothing new to report. Well, except that RF was a lot busier today, but the wait was not long at all, either for our food or to pay.

For dinner, we went to Ohana (except DS15). We love Ohana and have to go every trip. It’s more than just the food; it’s the whole atmosphere there. We love Lipoa, the Hawaiian lady who is the “emcee”, and the feeling of “family” and the silly games they play.

I was pretty upset last year when I heard about the new menu. I especially loved the shrimp wontons and the green beans, and was sad to see them go. But, we tried it last year, and it was still quite good. This year, some positive changes have been made. The salad seemed fresher, and the chips that came with the dips were more crispy and tasty. The shrimp was not nearly as messy to peel as it was last year; they seem to have changed the sauce some so it is not so sticky. Plus, the shrimp were perfectly cooked, firm and very delicious. (That’s the only thing we asked for seconds of.) The wings were good, but quite saucy and messy. The meats (steak, pork and turkey) were all cooked just right. They were juicy and very flavorful. (They have been a bit dry in the past.) The potatoes were cheesy and even better than last year (although I still think that rice would be a better side dish with this meal). And, the sautéed veggies were good, but I still would rather have the green beans.

Finally, the dessert – awesome! The bread pudding was moist and cinnamon-y. The ice cream was rich and delicious, and the bananas foster sauce was perfect on top of the whole thing. We were so stuffed that we split the portion that was brought out, and that was more than enough, even though it was basically the same size as most of the other desserts we’d gotten as single servings during the week. Hands down, the BEST dessert of the week!!

So, we go home tomorrow. We have 2 snack credits, 6 counter service credits, and 3 table service credits left; but, our plane does not leave until 8 p.m. I guess we’ll find a way to use most of them before we head home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter