Free dining questions

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
If I call first day of a new free dining promotion will I be able to book three rooms for family? How soon are rooms filled and how many rooms are part of the promotion? I was just wondering if it’s worth taking a chance or if I should just book with a resort discount.

There are WAY too mamy variables to predict something like this. Every free dining offer has different availability. Disney puts out these (and any other offers) based on room availability. If rooms aren't selling as well as they'd like, they sweeten the pot with discounts to entice others to book. They don't advertise exactly how many rooms are available for each discount, and it will vary depending on check in date, length of stay, resort, and category of room.

In regards to how quickly offers fill up, that too depends on many factors. Some resorts/dates/room categories fill up fast. Others have availability for weeks after the offer becomes available.

If I call first day of a new free dining promotion will I be able to book three rooms for family? How soon are rooms filled and how many rooms are part of the promotion? I was just wondering if it’s worth taking a chance or if I should just book with a resort discount.

Totally agree with everything @LongLiveRafiki said. There is no way of knowing what will be available with a new free dining discount if one even comes out. So if you see a room discount that covers your dates, I would suggest you book it. You can always try* to change if free dining comes out. But probably better to grab some discount while you can.

*Note: you still might have to change resorts or room types if your already booked rooms aren’t available with the free dining.

If I call first day of a new free dining promotion will I be able to book three rooms for family?
You will be able to book as many rooms as you want, but you will have to pay a separate deposit for each of them.

What dates are you looking for? There are certain dates that are almost guaranteed not to include free dining.

First week of December.
This is what the free dining offer was for 2019:

September 1 through September 18, 2019
November 17 through November 27, 2019
December 8 through December 23, 2019
And to further elaborate, the Bounceback Free Dining that was offered in 2019 for 2020 dates required checking in during the following dates:
  • May 26 - June 2, 2020
  • June 26 - September 12, 2020
  • December 9 - December 24, 2020
While the Bounceback Free dining and the general public free dining have not lined up perfectly in the past, it does give a glimpse of what dates Disney had to entice for the following year. It also shows how dates are limited, covering about 14 out of 52 weeks of the year.

As someone who follows discounts very closely, I also recommend that if you see any discount, you book it because a better one may not come along or be available for your dates, resort or room, and if it does, you can always change to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!