Free Dining released for various dates through Dec.2012

Getting ready to book with the FD Disney Chase code. need some help, anybody know where you enter the special code?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup2

thanks not crazy about phone reservation, they always mess them up for me. Oh well guess I better call. pixiedust:

If you've already booked your stay with dining included can you call and ask to have the dining changed to the free one?

If you've already booked your stay with dining included can you call and ask to have the dining changed to the free one?

Yes, that's what we did. However, there has been a change this year that through some of us for a loop. In the past, if you had a package already booked, free dining (FD) was added without a problem and no changes. Starting with the Disney Visa offer this week (and for the geneal public offer), Disney now cancels your original reservation and rebooks it with FD. They adjust your park ticket price to the new pricing that took effect in June.

So in other words, if you booked your package prior to the price increase last month and you want to add free dining, your package will be adjusted to the new ticket cost. For us it was only like $60 more. It all depends on the type of park tickets you got.

By the way, welcome to the DISboards!

Yes, that's what we did. However, there has been a change this year that through some of uf for a loop. In the past, if you had a package already booked, free dining (FD) was added without a problem and no changes. Starting with the Disney Visa offer this week (and for the geneal public offer), Disney now cancels your original reservation and rebooks it with FD. They adjust your park ticket price to the new pricing that took effect in June.

So in other words, if you booked your package prior to the price increase last month and you want to add free dining, your package will be adjusted to the new ticket cost. For us it was only like $60 more. It all depends on the type of park tickets you got.

By the way, welcome to the DISboards!

Technically, your resevation isn't cancelled because if it were, you would have a new reservation number, but the new system does make you pay the current ticket price of the date the promo code is added. Not only did it throw us off, but the CMs were thrown off, too. Many of them questioned it and had to get the new info from their supervisors Monday morning when the Visa offer went live.

Technically, your resevation isn't cancelled because if it were, you would have a new reservation number, but the new system does make you pay the current ticket price of the date the promo code is added. Not only did it throw us off, but the CMs were thrown off, too. Many of them questioned it and had to get the new info from their supervisors Monday morning when the Visa offer went live.

Unfortunately for us, it did. Our TA called Disney at 5:30 am and was on hold for 3 hours. When a CM came on, she was told that only the pirate themed rooms qualified for FD. My family already had that. However, my mom and brother did not as they opted for a non-themed standard room with water view. Our TA had to upgrade my mom and brother's room to pirate themed water view so that they could get FD. She also upgraded our room from a standard pirate room to a water view room and requested adjoining rooms for us. Because of the changes to our room, we were paying $400 more and my mom and brother were saving $600 :confused3 (I'm not about to try and figure that one out).

My mom wasn't thrilled with the changes even though it was saving her $600 (both of them specified that they did not want pirate themed). I also told her to look at it this way, we are not in the rooms that much and will be at the parks all day plus it's saving her and my brother $600. The other way would mean that she would go back to the original room she had and pay for the DP. In the long run, paying more.

About an hour or so later, our TA called me and told me that she went online to the TA's web page and lo and behold a standard non-themed pirate room opened up for FD. She instantly grabbed it and put us back to what we had. So after all of that, changes to our existing ressies so that we can all get FD and then back to what we originally had, we saw a slight increase (about $60 for us, don't know about my mom and brother) in our final balance. And of course, we now have new reservation numbers b/c of all the changes, lol.

However, I can't really complain. For one, it's less than a $100 increase and I'm ok with that. Two, our TA went above and beyond for us by calling Disney at 5:30 am on her own time (her office opens up at 10 am) and staying on hold for 3 hours just to make sure we got FD. To me, that shows that this agency cares very much for their customers.

If I am currently booked for a Sept date with free dining and previous ticket price but want to change dates to an October arrival date (that is eligible for free dining), will I have to cancel and rebook and have the new ticket price rate or could I change dates on my current reservation without cancelling and losing the previous ticket price.

If I am currently booked for a Sept date with free dining and previous ticket price but want to change dates to an October arrival date (that is eligible for free dining), will I have to cancel and rebook and have the new ticket price rate or could I change dates on my current reservation without cancelling and losing the previous ticket price.

I believe so, b/c your Sept dates are under one reservation. If you change dates, you would be under a new reservation number. IIRC, you would also pay the difference in park tickets as well. Meaning you would be paying the current price and not the old price prior to June.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You would not have to cancel and rebook, but you will have to pay the new ticket prices. They can switch the dates and keep your current reservation number, but any change to your reservation booking code will automatically change your ticket prices to reflect the increase.

I believe so, b/c your Sept dates are under one reservation. If you change dates, you would be under a new reservation number. IIRC, you would also pay the difference in park tickets as well. Meaning you would be paying the current price and not the old price prior to June.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Bad news: You were half wrong.
Good news: You were half right. :rotfl:

You would not have to cancel and rebook, but you will have to pay the new ticket prices. They can switch the dates and keep your current reservation number, but any change to your reservation booking code will automatically change your ticket prices to reflect the increase.

Bad news: You were half wrong.
Good news: You were half right. :rotfl:

:rotfl: That's what I thought. I knew I didn't have something right on there.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter