From CDG and back

AlvaroLuis

Disney Marathoner
Hello. Need some advice. I am arriving at CDG at 1320 this coming Saturday, transferring to a nearby hotel (less than 5 minutes from the airport) and then heading straight to the park. I might be able to get on the 1509 train, which would get me to the park around 1530. That's fine with me.

The problem is getting back from the park to the hotel (close to CDG). The park will be open until 2300 but at that time there are no more trains, only the ones that go through Paris and take about 1:30 hrs. Is there any private service (taxi, Uber, anything) that I could take from the park to take me back to my hotel at that time? Either reserved in advance or hired right outside the park.

Thanks!

I use a shared shuttle, RS transport, for airport transfers which is 30 euro pp.

I use a shared shuttle, RS transport, for airport transfers which is 30 euro pp.
Thanks Micksn... I'll check them out. Probably will use the train/metro to get to DL and RS Transport on our way back.

https://magicalshuttle.co.uk/ is the official approved bus from Charles de Gaulle to Disney. They drop off and pick up at each of the onsite hotels and all the partner hotels. I have used them multiple times and no issues.

Do you recommend that over the train? Which is faster/more pleasant?

It depends mainly on personal preference.

The train price can be expensive depending on when you book, Magic Shuttle is a set price all the time

The TGV train takes 10 minutes BUT has limited departure times from the airport, so may not work out with flight times

With the train you have to make your own way to your hotel, either walk with your luggage through Disney Village or get one of the free hotel shuttle buses

The train travel time is exact, there are no unexpected delays

Magic Shuttle can get caught in traffic on the motorway

Magic shuttle brings you direct to the front door of your hotel

It depends mainly on personal preference.

The train price can be expensive depending on when you book, Magic Shuttle is a set price all the time

The TGV train takes 10 minutes BUT has limited departure times from the airport, so may not work out with flight times

With the train you have to make your own way to your hotel, either walk with your luggage through Disney Village or get one of the free hotel shuttle buses

The train travel time is exact, there are no unexpected delays

Magic Shuttle can get caught in traffic on the motorway

Magic shuttle brings you direct to the front door of your hotel
How long does Magic Shuttle take?

Do you recommend that over the train? Which is faster/more pleasant?
I took TGV each way and I really liked it. Faster (10 minutes each way), and comfy on the train.

One thing you may want to consider is schedules. My train was delayed 1.5 hrs leaving DLP. I don’t know what was going on, and if that is a rare or normal occurrence. At least it worked out ok for me because I was just staying at an airport hotel that night, but if I was trying to catch a flight it could be stressful or require me to get an expensive Uber.

How long does Magic Shuttle take?

Approx 40 to 60 minutes. I usually allow 90 minutes. One thing to note about Magic Shuttle is that I count the time from Newport Bay Hotel no matter what hotel Im staying at. This is because Newport Bay is the last pick up before the bus leaves Disney property. The bus picks up in this order

1. Disneyland Hotel
  2. Hotel New York
  3. Cheyenne Hotel
  4. Hotel Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus Hotel
  6. Dream Castle Hotel
  7. Explorers Hotel
  8. Hotel Santa Fe
  9. Sequoia Lodge
  10. Newport Bay

Approx 40 to 60 minutes. I usually allow 90 minutes. One thing to note about Magic Shuttle is that I count the time from Newport Bay Hotel no matter what hotel Im staying at. This is because Newport Bay is the last pick up before the bus leaves Disney property. The bus picks up in this order

1. Disneyland Hotel
  2. Hotel New York
  3. Cheyenne Hotel
  4. Hotel Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus Hotel
  6. Dream Castle Hotel
  7. Explorers Hotel
  8. Hotel Santa Fe
  9. Sequoia Lodge
  10. Newport Bay
Is that also the order of drop-offs?

Is that also the order of drop-offs?

Yes but in reverse
Drop offs are
  1. Newport Bay
  2. Sequoia Lodge
  3. Santa Fe
  4. Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus
  6. Dream Castle
  7. Explorers
  8. Cheyenne
  9. Hotel New York
  10. Disneyland Hotel

Yes but in reverse
Drop offs are
  1. Newport Bay
  2. Sequoia Lodge
  3. Santa Fe
  4. Kyraid
  5. Magic Circus
  6. Dream Castle
  7. Explorers
  8. Cheyenne
  9. Hotel New York
  10. Disneyland Hotel
That's weird. Why do they make the people with the most expensive hotel spend the most time on the bus? I think we might stick with the train on our trip.

That's weird. Why do they make the people with the most expensive hotel spend the most time on the bus? I think we might stick with the train on our trip.

its to do with location. The bus route follows the locations of the hotels in Disney property. The hotels are all accessed from the one roadway. Newport Bay is at the start of the road, the first hotel. The cheaper hotels are further walking distance from the park entrance but nearer the road. The Disneyland Hotel is the closest walking distance to the park entrance BUT at the end of the road.

its to do with location. The bus route follows the locations of the hotels in Disney property. The hotels are all accessed from the one roadway. Newport Bay is at the start of the road, the first hotel. The cheaper hotels are further walking distance from the park entrance but nearer the road. The Disneyland Hotel is the closest walking distance to the park entrance BUT at the end of the road.
Bummer- I really wouldn't want to wait through that many drop-offs/pick-ups. But I guess it's okay as I imagined us taking the train, anyway. That just seems more European.

Bummer- I really wouldn't want to wait through that many drop-offs/pick-ups. But I guess it's okay as I imagined us taking the train, anyway. That just seems more European.

Possibly because it is in Europe!! Why does that make it more European - they are simply taking the most logical route to the hotels.

One point to note is that if you are staying at Disneyland hotel then you will definitely have to walk with your luggage from the station as there is no shuttle bus to that hotel. You will have to go through bag search with all your luggage but they do have airport type scanners so it doesnt mean having to open your case to be searched as you used to have to.
However depending what time you arrive you may find the bag search busy as that is the one used by everyone heading into the parks who are getting off the hotel shuttle buses, other off site busses and trains from Paris and local areas.
The magic shuttle would drop you right at the hotel entrance so avoiding this walk.

Possibly because it is in Europe!! Why does that make it more European - they are simply taking the most logical route to the hotels.

One point to note is that if you are staying at Disneyland hotel then you will definitely have to walk with your luggage from the station as there is no shuttle bus to that hotel. You will have to go through bag search with all your luggage but they do have airport type scanners so it doesnt mean having to open your case to be searched as you used to have to.
However depending what time you arrive you may find the bag search busy as that is the one used by everyone heading into the parks who are getting off the hotel shuttle buses, other off site busses and trains from Paris and local areas.
The magic shuttle would drop you right at the hotel entrance so avoiding this walk.
I was saying that the train seemed more European, a more tradtional method of transport there, and that's why I saw ourselves using it during our European vacation.

How long is the walk from the train station to the hotel?

I was saying that the train seemed more European, a more tradtional method of transport there, and that's why I saw ourselves using it during our European vacation.

Ah Sorry I misunderstood and couldnt work out why you thought the dropping off order seemed more European.

The walk is 5 minutes at the most - the station is just outside the Central Plaza/Fantasy Gardens

Like PP said, the walk is maybe 5 minutes, max. They have scanners at the side of the security; if you have bags the size of carry-on they will fit in the regular bag scans, but larger than that they have a special large scanner (they have those at the entrances to the hotels too, so no matter what your bags will need to go thru that). There are plenty of ramps/sloped walkways between security and the hotel lobby; when my train was delayed I brought my luggage to the Disneyland Hotel lobby where I was able to have a dismeet (they were delayed at the rental car facility so we thought we'd just miss each other, but instead we were able to chat in the lobby for a bit before their ADR).

For luggage, think of it as if you can walk with it through an airport yourself (not with a luggage cart), you can easily get to the hotel.

Like PP said, the walk is maybe 5 minutes, max. They have scanners at the side of the security; if you have bags the size of carry-on they will fit in the regular bag scans, but larger than that they have a special large scanner (they have those at the entrances to the hotels too, so no matter what your bags will need to go thru that). There are plenty of ramps/sloped walkways between security and the hotel lobby; when my train was delayed I brought my luggage to the Disneyland Hotel lobby where I was able to have a dismeet (they were delayed at the rental car facility so we thought we'd just miss each other, but instead we were able to chat in the lobby for a bit before their ADR).

For luggage, think of it as if you can walk with it through an airport yourself (not with a luggage cart), you can easily get to the hotel.
Yes, sounds very doable as long as it doesn't rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter