Front of Line Ticket for Universal/How busy is Universal weekdays vs. weekends

motor58

Mouseketeer
Hi All :banana:

I am considering a day trip to Universal while we are on our Disneyland trip in April 2018. Our Disney trip is Wednesday-Monday and I am not happy about having 2 disney days on the weekend. Usually we do disney during the week and avoid crowds as much as possible. (ha I am laughing at the idea of avoiding crowds at disney)

Is Universal on the weekend a madhouse? Would front of line tickets make it do-able? We are really only going for Harry Potter stuff, if that matters. Or maybe normal tickets and do a weekday and save money?

I have never been to Universal but my impression is that it's not as crowded as disneyland. Is that true?

Any other advice for a day side trip to Universal would be appreciated. Our kids will be 9, 11 and 13.

Thank you so much!:disrocks:

Are you going during your kids spring break? Have you checked the thread that lists out things that impact times to go? I can't help because I asked the same questions about which day I should skip DL for USH too for our upcoming trip but the thing that jumped out to me was whether it was spring break which could really impact crowds. Have you checked the pass holder block out calendar?

It will depend when on April you are going. Yes, in my experience Universal does not get crowded like DL, but sometimes that still means hour or longer waits at Universal (when DL has 2-3 hour wait times). If you're going during spring break (for us first week in April) the crowds will be crazy at all the parks. If you go late April the crowds probably won't be too bad.

Excitedmama-I will do that now! Our trip is april 11-16.

Thanks Oakleycat-I should have specified which week we are going. We are going mid April so it shouldn't be that bad. Yes, the first week looks like it's most people's spring break and it's gonna be nuts.

ok I checked isitpacked.com and they don't have info yet for April, but based on last year's info it looks like it won't be busy.

So-what do you think for not getting a front of line ticket? or should I get it? And weekend or weekday?

thanks again you guys

I would not, you can always buy one when you are there if it's too busy for you. Cost is based on demand - on Friday they were selling the FOTL passes for $120 but by mid-afternoon had dropped the price to $50. Weekdays are usually better since the local kids are in school.

Hi All :banana:

I am considering a day trip to Universal while we are on our Disneyland trip in April 2018. Our Disney trip is Wednesday-Monday and I am not happy about having 2 disney days on the weekend. Usually we do disney during the week and avoid crowds as much as possible. (ha I am laughing at the idea of avoiding crowds at disney)

Is Universal on the weekend a madhouse? Would front of line tickets make it do-able? We are really only going for Harry Potter stuff, if that matters. Or maybe normal tickets and do a weekday and save money?

I have never been to Universal but my impression is that it's not as crowded as disneyland. Is that true?

Any other advice for a day side trip to Universal would be appreciated. Our kids will be 9, 11 and 13.

Thank you so much!:disrocks:

We just got back and did Saturday -Wednesday at DL. We stayed at Paradise Pier so we had EE. We did EE at DL on Saturday and CA on Sunday. They both opened at 7 for EE. We did a lot those two mornings and we had lunch reservations at 12 both days and back to the room on both days by 2.

We then spent Wednesday night to Friday night at the Sheraton near USH. We went into USH on Thursday morning. Started in HP World, then Simpsons and back lot tour. Then down to the lower lot for the 3 rides there and then to Minion land. At that point it was around 3 and we had done all the rides except the 3 shows. All the rides wait times were way less then they stated. For example Mummy said 45 min. We were on and off in 25 min. The next morning we got there 8:30 did HP and then lower lot all with no waits. We did the special effects show and then Waterworld and out of the park by 2:30. So what I'm saying is if you get there early and start off in HP first and then lower lot, then Simpsons and BT you will have very little waits and the 3 shows don't start till after 11.

We are going in April as well. We leave NJ on the Monday after Easter 4/2 with 5 nights at the Grand Californian (Monday to Friday) then on Saturday morning heading to Hilton Los Angeles Universal City for Saturday and Sunday and flying home on Monday. One day for touring (Griffith) and one day at Universal.

I can't wait. Hopefully the lines won't be too crazy at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!