Frozen Ever After and 14 month old?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
My husband and I have been to WDW many times before kids so we’ve ridden Frozen before.

Now we have a 14 month old and I’m wondering if the drop will scare her. Does anyone have advice? I know every kid is different.

My husband and I have been to WDW many times before kids so we’ve ridden Frozen before.

Now we have a 14 month old and I’m wondering if the drop will scare her. Does anyone have advice? I know every kid is different.
from my grandkids none were afraid but on the boat we were in one parents was afraid for her child and of course the child cried and she was like I told you. we just smiled because we knew how our grandkids had just done. have one who does not like dark ride so of course he didn't ride but we knew that going in which was why we were riding separately.

For DS it wasn’t the drop but the sudden flash & louder music that scared him. But, he was ok once it was over & we told him it was ok. He was 14 mos at the time.

I agree that the dark/loud noises could be more of a concern than the drop at that age. If your little one enjoys going on the swings or down slides at parks, you have a bit of an idea of their drop tolerance. My 4yo who adores Frozen hated the ride because of the dark, while my 2yo couldn't get enough of it and thought the drop was the best part.

Never bothered our son ages 11 months to 3 1/2 multiple rides. Marshmallow scares our oldest to this day though. I have a dozen photopass shots of her hiding her face.

Last edited:
We were there with DS in Dec. He was 11 months. Not sure he even really noticed the drops. They are small. Seems smaller than the one in Pirates, though not sure if it actually is.

Yeah I didn’t really consider the loudness of it but we’re avoiding Pirates for that reason so maybe we’ll skip Frozen. Also avoiding Figment because of the end scene that is alarming!

I guess we’re just overly cautious first time parents haha

My DD was about 1.5 years when she first went on Frozen EA... she loved it until Marshmellow... I know it's horrible to say but the picture of her face is priceless. She was totally fine and has gone on it again many times since.

Last edited:
My daughter was almost 2 (not sure the months) and at the time there was no Frozen, but she handled the Norwegian ride then as well as Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Spaceship Earth. All rides became ingrained and a necessary ride each visit after. Yet now we return 3 months ago and at 12 she wanted nothing to do with the Frozen remodel, but forced her on it for good ole times sake.

Kids are funny. You never quite know how they will be until you do it. You could have half the responders here tell you she'll hate it and the half say she'll do great, but you won't know until you do it with her. My wife was always great about making things seem fun and "oh-my-gosh! Look at that!"

My kids LOVE pirates and we avoided it forever thinking it would scare them. I don't think they understand the context which helps, and they think pirates are "fun".

Yeah I didn’t really consider the loudness of it but we’re avoiding Pirates for that reason so maybe we’ll skip Frozen. Also avoiding Figment because of the end scene that is alarming!

I guess we’re just overly cautious first time parents haha
I’ve avoided pirates only b/c ppl scream during the drop like it’s the tower of terror & that is what I thought might freak DS out. But might try it this time. He seems to recover quickly now if we tell him it’s ok.

My kids LOVE pirates and we avoided it forever thinking it would scare them. I don't think they understand the context which helps, and they think pirates are "fun".
Pirates is my favorite ride and my DS, 6, will
not ride it anymore. He hates the combination of the dark and the drop, but would tolerate it since it was right at the beginning. Once it was over he loved the rest of it. However, we rode the Disneyland version a couple of years ago, not realizing there were two drops! He was so upset and I felt terrible. He refuses to believe there is only one drop at WDW now. Oops. He tried Frozen when he was 3 and that is a never again ride for him(for now).

I’ve avoided pirates only b/c ppl scream during the drop like it’s the tower of terror & that is what I thought might freak DS out. But might try it this time. He seems to recover quickly now if we tell him it’s ok.

yeah that’s a good point. People also fake scream like idiots during the stretching room scene at Haunted Mansion too and that is the only concern I have with that ride. Otherwise I think she’d be fine on the actual ride.

You could always get sound proofing headphones for her to wear. It might help with the loud noises and people screaming

My DS was 15 mos when we went on Frozen Ever After and he had no issues with the dark or Marshmellow. He was able to ride on DH’s lap which I think gave him some extra comfort. Have fun!!! You’ll have to come back and update us on how your daughter does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter