Frozen Ever After and 14 month old?

My kids both rode around that age and neither had an issue. They have done well with all the dark rides including HM and Pirates. My cousin's son, however, HATED dark rides at 2 years old.

Our 14 month olds had very different reactions; one fell asleep on Grandma in line and slept through the entire ride, the second LOVED the ride so much we had to stand in line a second time for round two! I think parent reactions also have a role in rides like this; if you can kind of celebrate and play into the fun it helps provide a reaction vs, "Oh no! Here's the drop!" But every kiddo will be different, for sure!

Also, our kids hadn't seen Frozen prior to the ride (that immediately changed after this ride...) but if you've shown Frozen, or have access to Frozen toys you can re-characterize Marshmallow to make him less scary. We have Frozen bath toys that came with a Marshmallow, and he's not a big bad guy in our world, he's pretty silly ;)

My son was 18 months, and he HATED the drop. He was crying and crying. I felt like a terrible parent!! I didn’t think it would be a big deal!

He’s 4 now and says he wants to ride Splash. We’re going to do Pirates first and see if he tolerates that before we attempt Splash!

I didn’t know how scared my two year old was until I saw her face on the memory maker photo. Everything is so fast I do think she even processed it yet. it actually wasn’t until I showed her the picture and she was like, “yeah I was scared of marshmallow” lol

Every kid is different. And every trip can be different! My daughter wasn’t quite two the first time we went. We rode as much as we could...HM, Pirates, etc. When we went back when she was 3 (almost 4) she was scared to death of the dark and kept her pink blanket over her head on most of the dark rides. We have several great pictures of a little pink “ghost” next to us on the rides. 🤣

My husband and I have been to WDW many times before kids so we’ve ridden Frozen before.

Now we have a 14 month old and I’m wondering if the drop will scare her. Does anyone have advice? I know every kid is different.
Try doing another ride with movement and see how she does. Even if it’s just dumbo and you move your elephant down quickly. If she loves it, you’re good. If she freaks out, you’ll know.

So, my girls are 17 and 15 years old but we brought them to Disney for the first time at 14 months (the twins and actually my youngest was also 14 months too) and they were all different....my older ones wouldn't have cared about the drop (we brought them on Haunted and I forgot about the ghosts that follow you home, oops. We covered their eyes, not sure now if that was necessary) but my youngest at 14 months hated everything but the real birds (she LOVES disney now, lol) so the drop would have freaked her out. If you decide to go for it, just don't make a big whoop and act like this is the most fun you have ever had and chances are, your little one will be just fine. And if she isn't, a treat will fix it, lol. Good luck. Take a ton of pictures, you won't be sorry.

Well I’m happy to report we went on it today and she loved it, wasn’t scared at all.
Our last day is tomorrow and we’re gonna try Haunted Mansion (as long as it’s back online) and pirates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts