Fuel Prices Where We Live

I heard that regular in Florida was forecast to hit $5 a gal by Mon. night. Haven't been out since Sunday to confirm but I have to go out today. It will be interesting to see...

I was in Chicago this past weekend and every station I saw, regular unleaded was more than diesel, with regular being in the $5.50-$5.60 range. Diesel was in the $5.45 range. As soon as I headed south, towards home, regular was back down in the low $5.00 range with diesel being the same $5.45.

Illinois is one of the handful of states reporting an average for regular unleaded above $5. That won't last long.

I was going to pull the cover off the MH next week and hold off filling the tank before heading to Lake of the Ozarks for Father's Day weekend. I have enough fuel for that trip, but I'm thinking the way things keep going up, I should probably top off the tank now. 3 weeks from now, diesel could be over $6. Diesel at Sam's in town is $5.49 today.

j

We are having a "tax break" in NY, so mine went from $5.09 to $4.95

St Augustine Bucee's was $4.65 yesterday; same as the Love's truck stop off I-95 and Pecan Park (north Jax).

$5.75 @ Kings and Barnett in Jax North. About $4.95 around JIA

We live in a peninsular state surrounded on 3 sides by water so the logistics of getting fuel here is daunting. Its a unique land arrangement that exists nowhere else in America :oops:

$5.30 everywhere here, rec fuel is $6.29, costs me almost $10 just to mow my grass.

Im getting goats for the grass, cheaper to feed them.
Funny you should mention that because the exact same thought went through my head yesterday as I was mowing. The land our house is on had been a horse pasture as recently as 50 yrs ago, maybe we should turn back the clock a little ?

We have just over an acre, and I am kind of glad I put that new motor on the zero turn, it uses maybe 1/2-3/4 gallon per hour so mowing this lot isn't bad. A nearby friend with about 5 acre of grass actually spoke to a local guy about letting about 3 acre get hayed to avoid having to mow it all.

I take back what I said the other day - in NY and it went from $4.95 to $5.19 in a span of days. Only gonna get worse.

Im getting goats for the grass, cheaper to feed them.
Seriously, I've noticed around the poorer parts of our town, people are not mowing their lawns. When it comes to choosing between mowing the lawn or eating, buying gas for the car, mowing comes in last, apparently.

Also, our town graveyard is looking shabby. They are not keeping up with lawn maintenance very well. The administrator of the grave yard was on the local news stating that since more people are going for cremation, they don't have the income to keep the graveyard maintained. I think that's a sad thing to have happen and seems disrespectful to the families of those interred there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter