Future of Disney Jr at WDW?

ejgonz2

DIS Veteran
Are there any rumors about what will happen with Disney jr at HS post-TSL and SWGE?

I wouldn't see why it would go, Disney Junior is horrendously under-represented at the parks and the Disney Junior show at DHS is probably the BEST show/attraction for preschoolers in my opinion. Just seeing the look on my son's (3yo) face during that show was magical as he sang and danced while watching his favorite characters live on stage.

That being said, they need to make sure it stays updated (if they haven't over the past few years). Jake and the Neverland pirates has been done for over a year) and doesn't seem to air as much as it used to, but Sofia, Doc and Mickey and the gang are still relevant (via Roadster Racers though, and tons of Clubhouse reruns).
They probably need to update it with the Lion Guard, and/or Goldie/Bear or Vamprina (though that is pretty new).

I wouldn't see why it would go, Disney Junior is horrendously under-represented at the parks and the Disney Junior show at DHS is probably the BEST show/attraction for preschoolers in my opinion. Just seeing the look on my son's (3yo) face during that show was magical as he sang and danced while watching his favorite characters live on stage.

That being said, they need to make sure it stays updated (if they haven't over the past few years). Jake and the Neverland pirates has been done for over a year) and doesn't seem to air as much as it used to, but Sofia, Doc and Mickey and the gang are still relevant (via Roadster Racers though, and tons of Clubhouse reruns).
They probably need to update it with the Lion Guard, and/or Goldie/Bear or Vamprina (though that is pretty new).

Disneyland has an entirely new show that seems superior to the version WDW still has so I would be up for them updating it to that - though I assume they are hesitant to taking any more attractions offline at this point

Disneyland has an entirely new show that seems superior to the version WDW still has so I would be up for them updating it to that - though I assume they are hesitant to taking any more attractions offline at this point
Good to know, I doubt it will be relevant to me though because of that. I don't see it getting update in WDW before my daughter (now 1) outgrows Disney Junior.

Even though I don't think a lot of the existing DHS attractions are long for this world, I don't see any of them closing down or refurbishing this .. or Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beasty, Indiana Jones, etc. for at least a year or two after SWGE to take the load off the new attractions.

Do they end it with the “hot dog song” yet. If not they need to! My kids and every kid in there was waiting it for it. The hot dog song needs the be part of Disney jr’s future.

Didn’t they update it because of the puppeteers union?

Actually, the good version with the puppets is gone. It's now been updated to a dance party, in which most of the kids don't get up and dance. It's okay, but nothing like it once was. It was one of the saddest losses for my two toddlers.

Actually, the good version with the puppets is gone. It's now been updated to a dance party, in which most of the kids don't get up and dance. It's okay, but nothing like it once was. It was one of the saddest losses for my two toddlers.

Interesting - I had just read a trip report covering his and they said they much preferred this version as it got the kids up and moving and dancing and they loved it

Maybe depends on the crowd as to if they are into it or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter