GAC info and info on In room sitting

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
I have 2 questions. I have our original GAC pass from 2 years ago. DO you think that this will be enough of "proof" for the CM to issue another this trip or do I need another Dr's note? Second question. Has anyone ever used in room babysitting for your child. DS is 14 but has diapers and I was wondeing if anyone has a name of a good sitter. We would only use it for a few hours to take DD our to Disney Quest (DS just hates it). We used Fairy Godmothers once and loved the lady but she has since retired I would love to have a name if we decided to call them for the one night. Thank you

In our experience, we just show the old GAC card to guest services at the first park we go to and they print out a new one. We've had no problems at all.

There is actually a new GAC system that recently started. The cards are a little different and each attraction has its own system for utilizing the card. We used the new card a couple of weeks ago and it went very well. No CMs were confused about where to send us. We were actually at MGM the first morning the new cards were used and just showed the CM the old card and she gave us the new one.

Sorry I don't have a reference for you for a caregiver.

Tons of pixie dust for a great trip!

Thank you so much for the info. We used the card just a few times but it was such a comfort knowing we had it if it was needed.

We've never had an MD letter (and in fact, most CMs will say that they don't want to see a letter). We've always just brought the old GAC along and showed it to the CM. One time, we were given one that was not comparable to the one we had before. We just went back to Guest Services and told them the one they had given us did not do the trick and explained what our difficulties were.
On our last trip, Dh and DD went to get a new GAC without me at MK. When I looked at the card, I noticed right away that it was not similar to our last one - then I saw the name on the top and saw it was someone else's name!. At MK, they were senf=ding the info to a printer and then printing out the GAC. I don't know if they are still doing that (they were not at Epcot), but I can see it might be pretty easy for the CM to pull the wrong paper out of the printer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter